+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
https://chng.it/m2SWyPKYzn
Lets join together to sign this petition and try our best to escalate it higher end to let them know how this visa suspension is affecting the normal people
lol they should be smart enough to not to kick foreign exchange! Stupid babu sahib
Canada is smart enough to not to stop issuing visa or cancelling temporary visa holders - they are generating money - cash cows

the reason people are leaving that distinct country!!

Sammzk

Aug 10, 2023
Status was " In transit from Hci Ottawa" yesterday morning.
Would it be available for pickup at BLS Montreal today?
Status still shows "in transit"

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Certificate has been printed FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

How long does it take to reach home? I am going on a trip on the 17th. Any chance I can get the OCI application submitted before that?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Certificate has been printed FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

How long does it take to reach home? I am going on a trip on the 17th. Any chance I can get the OCI application submitted before that?
From Printed to reach BLS it took 5 days for me and next day it was ready for collection. As its Montreal for you add additional days.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
BLS made me pay $30 for courier and said I will get it at home
So once it reaches BLS, Purolator will pick it up and deliver it to you. That's good else from BLS Ottawa it takes it own sweet time to reach BLS Montreal and then it goes into "Ready for Collection" state.

rushi07

Mar 18, 2018
Postal Application: Brampton
Postal pickup: Sept 25
Current status on passport seva: Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. Oct 6, 2023

Any idea next step??

thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Postal Application: Brampton
Postal pickup: Sept 25
Current status on passport seva: Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. Oct 6, 2023

Any idea next step??

thank you
1) Surrender certificate has been printed
2) In Transit from High Commission to BLS Centre
3) Ready for Collection/Couriered

easyrider13

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Indian passport surrender application
Brampton BLS Walk-in

Application submitted: 2023-Sep-25
Application received by consulate : 2023-Sep-27
Surrender certificate is under review: 2023-Sept-28
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 2023-Oct-3
Surrender certificate has been printed: 2023-Oct-4
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre: 2023-Oct-6

albis

Jun 9, 2016
Hello Folks,

I have few questions related to surrender certificate:

1. We got citizenship back in December 2022, is it too late to apply for surrender or should we provide explanation in the application? Never traveled outside of Canada after citizenship.

2. After the citizenship, we applied for name change in Canada (just split in first/last names), should we submit the name change documents and should surrender certificate reflecting the new names?

3. Are we good to submit surrender certificate considering the current situation between Canada-India, is there a possibility of delay like more than 2 month’s processing time, although I am not expecting to travel?

Thank you in advance.