+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Passport Surrender: Appointment Brampton (Minor)
Date of Submission: 27th April 2024
File number allotted and processing at consulate: 29th April 2024
Surrender certificate under review: 30th April 2024
Surrender certificate printed: 2nd May 2024

waiting to get it couriered from BLS. Submission to approval: 6 working days

meanwhile, at BLS, the lady pointed out a mistake under Emergency Name and Address; though the application says "Name and Address," I wrote only "Name " ( as per the sample form on the website). And also, the photo was not up to the specification ( to be honest, it wasn't :) ). She said I needed to come back, or if I went with the application, it would be rejected at the embassy and I would lose money. I said I am okay if it is rejected ( while I applied in August 2023, I had it without an emergency contact address, and the application went through). The application is approved.

Next OCI- planning to use Premium lounge as it covers courier charge, photo and application filling. I will update you about it in the OCI thread. Thank you

Edited:
One thing which i found interesting to share. For the application of minor, we didnt sign beforehand. at the counter, the lady asked any of the parents to sign the front page as well. My guess is for Surrender applications it doesn't matter who signs for Minor's.

Last edited:

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
They told me they only give one photo and said we don't give any back to you.
Send an email to them to check it with your bill or when you go for OCI as them about this and tell them to dont charge for photo as you given( used to paste in SC application) only one photo to me while SC process.. Take the bill with you..

Reactions: adstarscream732

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Submitted surrender applications for myself and wife today at BLS Brampton. Had an appointment for early in the morning, the entire processing was done in under an hour. Took the photos from BLS and also paid for postal delivery (which I had to since we live far away from Brampton). I am already able to track the application progress online, so I hope it gets completed quickly.

Reactions: Mum2Can

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Hello, I am looking to process application for Indian passport surrendering at Vancouver. Do they take walk-ins? If not, how can i book an appointment?
Currently, what is the processing time period for these applications? Is there any tracker for them? Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I am looking to process application for Indian passport surrendering at Vancouver. Do they take walk-ins? If not, how can i book an appointment?
Currently, what is the processing time period for these applications? Is there any tracker for them? Thanks!
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php

Slots are there. Better to book and go.
No tracker. Not worth the effort as it takes just 2-3 weeks in Toronto and more time in Vancouver and Ottawa.

Reactions: AFSHANKHATOON

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
Hey!
I applied for my surrender certificate in Ottawa (BLS) Walkin, on March 16th, the status is still processing at high commission, its been more than 5 weeks.
Should i call up the High Commission?, BLS says its outside their purview.

Is there any other course of action that i can take?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey!
I applied for my surrender certificate in Ottawa (BLS) Walkin, on March 16th, the status is still processing at high commission, its been more than 5 weeks.
Should i call up the High Commission?, BLS says its outside their purview.

Is there any other course of action that i can take?
6-8 weeks is common for Ottawa since long.

Essess

May 8, 2024
Same thing happen to me also .. i did today in mississauga office.. they asked me put what is in indian passport in the form, my birth place mentioned in indian passport as 'Chennai, Tamil Nadu'.. i put same in the form. but they told only i need to put only 'Chennai' :) i asked them, u told to put the details as per indian passport.. but they are giving unneccessary details.. for that they told its mistake and they will fill for my application and they charged 28 CAD + tax for each application.. for me, my spouse and kid.. totally i paid 691 CAD.. 118 cad for each application fee + 100 cad for each application(Courier(60 cad) + application filling(28 CAD) + tax) + 36 Cad for photo( 18 Cad for each person, for me & my spouse only and kid they told free( may be i paid extra 300 CAD :) ) One photo they given, which can be used for OCI)..

I asked them why 60 cad for each application for courier charge and you can charge one courier price and send all the SC in one courier. but BLS person told they cant do like that. Also i asked its very high price for courier. the person had a smile and told that how BLS charge.. i can clearly understand they are charging extra money with their smile. so beware of this.. any way i paid extra 90 CAD for form filling + 36 CAD for photo , rest everyone should pay..
You can claim and ask from refund send email if you have invoice.

Reactions: anburaj

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
hey guys i submitted my application on april 29...status still shows "processing" .any idea how long it will take to get delivered?