+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC delayed

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
htrak said:
Hi crashcat007,
Good luck with the PCC. Do you know how the local police sends their report back to Indian consulate in Canada? Apparently, my local police station is not sure about the procedure. The verification is complete but the report is still laying there in the police station.

Hi htrak,

I am note sure how do local police send their report back to Indian consulate in Canada,,,I am assuming my report is also laying in the local police station there. It seems I also need to E-mail to Commissioner as mentioned by other applicants in this forum..

Just wondering where can I get the Commissioners Email ID from ? :(

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
CECFEB2013 said:
Even I have the same issue. My verification is complete but they don't know where to send the report to.

When I checked with local police they told me that, they had received request for Police Verification and there is no proper From Address or any cover letter attached to it.

Please let me know if you find out the procedure. Thanks in advance.

I Just received call from 365 Bloor Street East,,They are now asking me to visit Consulate in Downtown with 3 more photographs and 3 Police reference forms(Which i eventually provided them initially while applying for PCC),I asked the lady why do they need it for 2nd time,she said the Home address of india which I provided was wrong,therefore my request for PCC has been rejected(Whereas a local police officer already visited my home back in india and met my uncle there and got all information correctly) Not sure what GOLMAAL is going on over there and at consulate,,huhhhh :-\

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
crashcat007 said:
I Just received call from 365 Bloor Street East,,They are now asking me to visit Consulate in Downtown with 3 more photographs and 3 Police reference forms(Which i eventually provided them initially while applying for PCC),I asked the lady why do they need it for 2nd time,she said the Home address of india which I provided was wrong,therefore my request for PCC has been rejected(Whereas a local police officer already visited my home back in india and met my uncle there and got all information correctly) Not sure what GOLMAAL is going on over there and at consulate,,huhhhh :-\
Sorry to hear that. So it is a total waste of time...huh. So that address you provided was correct or wrong? Can you ask them if they have received the verification report from the local police in India? If yes, can they not accept that?

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
htrak said:
Sorry to hear that. So it is a total waste of time...huh. So that address you provided was correct or wrong? Can you ask them if they have received the verification report from the local police in India? If yes, can they not accept that?
The address I provided was correct and is exact as mentioned in my passport(thats how the local police visited for verification at my home in the first place)..I haven't asked them about the verification report from local police in India,,I will be visiting Indian Consulate within this week,Will post status updates as I get to know about it

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Guys,
I had my father send the police report from local police station to consulate directly via courier. I am hoping to get the PCC in a week or two from now, its almost 4 months now. Keeping my fingers crossed..

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
htrak said:
Guys,
I had my father send the police report from local police station to consulate directly via courier. I am hoping to get the PCC in a week or two from now, its almost 4 months now. Keeping my fingers crossed..
quick question..I got PCC from consulate last year..this year i may need to apply again....so will it be fast since i am already in their system

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
gladaki said:
quick question..I got PCC from consulate last year..this year i may need to apply again....so will it be fast since i am already in their system
Yeah, it should be quick since data is in their system.

mak3678

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2174/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent CELPIP-G scrore with application
File Transfer...
05-09-2013
Med's Request
02-20-2014
Med's Done....
02-24-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
31-07-2014
I got mine in three weeks...

Kugzi

Jul 9, 2013
For everyone waiting for Indian PCC, there is no point in contacting the consulate, follow up with the commissioner office of your city. Also if the passport you hold is a 2nd passport then you have to contact the passport office in your city and tell them you need a PCC because for the 2nd passport in India there is no police verification done so your data will not be available in the passport office regarding police verification but they will be linked to your 1st passpor. Also the PCC will not come from India, once the consulate sends the information the concerned passport office will verify their system and give a GO, then the consulate here will print the PCC here and give it.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Rajanna said:
Same issue happened to me last year.
Consulate send the request to India Passport office. They will forward the request to the address on Passport commissioner office. They will then fwd same to local police station. If the local police doesnt know what to do - You are stuck.
If you dont get any response with in a week - Call/Write to ACP or Commissioner office. You will see reply with in a week for sure.
Local police should check their local books and send report back to Commissioner office. No need to go to your address on passport.

Being said this, My PCC request took almost 1 Year. Request went to my local police station. Police man there went to my address on my passport(Its my old rental house). He kept it with him as pending inquiry. After 11 months of waiting and inquiry, I have sent an email to Commissioner office with all the details and the process. With in a week I got my verification scanned copy that is sent to Consulate. With in 2 days I got my PCC from Consulate.

Follow-up with ACP.
Jai Ho
Hi Rajanna,

I had applied for PCC and I haven't got it yet and its more than 5 months.

You suggested to write to ACP/Commissioner office. Do you have any email address, where did you write to? May I know from which district you are from and where you had sent the email to, even I want to do the same but I don't have the right email address.

Could you please share the email address of ACP/Commissioner Office.

Looking at your username I'm guessing you are from Andhra Pradesh, hence requesting for your help.

Thank you.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
CECFEB2013 said:
Hi Rajanna,

I had applied for PCC and I haven't got it yet and its more than 5 months.

You suggested to write to ACP/Commissioner office. Do you have any email address, where did you write to? May I know from which district you are from and where you had sent the email to, even I want to do the same but I don't have the right email address.

Could you please share the email address of ACP/Commissioner Office.

Looking at your username I'm guessing you are from Andhra Pradesh, hence requesting for your help.

Thank you.
Hi CECFEB2013,
I was in the same situation as you. My father was constantly checking with the police at my district headquarters to see if they received the application form from the consulate. It took more than 2 months for them to get the forms. My father had to coordinate with the local police (based on my address) and the police at the district headquarters. It took about 3 weeks time to complete the verification process. Once it was done, I had asked my father to send the verfication details via a courier service to the consulate. The local police helped him with placing the verification forms in a proper envelope with necessary police seals etc. The verification forms have now reached the consulate, I am going to call them in a few days and check when I am going to receive the PCC. I'll keep you posted!

Tutu

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2014
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
Hi,

I have applied for my PCC from Vancouver BLS and I got it for me and my spouse within 3 weeks of time. Since I stay in Regina I sent everything by post, but it all worked fine.

Thanks,

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
htrak said:
Hi CECFEB2013,
I was in the same situation as you. My father was constantly checking with the police at my district headquarters to see if they received the application form from the consulate. It took more than 2 months for them to get the forms. My father had to coordinate with the local police (based on my address) and the police at the district headquarters. It took about 3 weeks time to complete the verification process. Once it was done, I had asked my father to send the verfication details via a courier service to the consulate. The local police helped him with placing the verification forms in a proper envelope with necessary police seals etc. The verification forms have now reached the consulate, I am going to call them in a few days and check when I am going to receive the PCC. I'll keep you posted!

My problem is little different. My police verification was completed by the end of May and is sitting in the local police station. My father visited local police several times but no use. They said that they cannot give it to my dad or to CGI directly and can be sent only to IG office in Hyderabad. They said that they did not receive a request from IG office and hence they cannot send it to them. They asked me to consult CGI and asked to forward PCC request through IG office. CGI asked me that they want the same in writing from local police station. We directly contacted SP and he told the same thing.

Now I need the respective Commissioner office or IG office email address to follow up on this issue. Please help me.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
CECFEB2013 said:
My problem is little different. My police verification was completed by the end of May and is sitting in the local police station. My father visited local police several times but no use. They said that they cannot give it to my dad or to CGI directly and can be sent only to IG office in Hyderabad. They said that they did not receive a request from IG office and hence they cannot send it to them. They asked me to consult CGI and asked to forward PCC request through IG office. CGI asked me that they want the same in writing from local police station. We directly contacted SP and he told the same thing.

Now I need the respective Commissioner office or IG office email address to follow up on this issue. Please help me.
Hi CECFEB2013,
Just to let you know, I spoke with CGI and they mentioned that the PCC is issued for me. So sending the verification forms directly to CGI from local police is working out. I know you've mentioned that they are not willing to send it to CGI directly, but can your father request them once again indicating that the request came from CGI? The request is nothing but the reference forms that we submitted to CGI. In addition to that, CGI includes a cover letter requesting a verification report. Both of these documents contain CGI address on them. So your father can try requesting them to send it directly to CGI through government Speed Post. If they are worried about the postal charge, I assume your father wouldn't mind bearing that cost.
Believe me my fahter had to go to three different police stations and he has made atleast 15 visits to get this done! It is a painful thing but I guess we don't have a better way.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
htrak said:
Hi CECFEB2013,
Just to let you know, I spoke with CGI and they mentioned that the PCC is issued for me. So sending the verification forms directly to CGI from local police is working out. I know you've mentioned that they are not willing to send it to CGI directly, but can your father request them once again indicating that the request came from CGI? The request is nothing but the reference forms that we submitted to CGI. In addition to that, CGI includes a cover letter requesting a verification report. Both of these documents contain CGI address on them. So your father can try requesting them to send it directly to CGI through government Speed Post. If they are worried about the postal charge, I assume your father wouldn't mind bearing that cost.
Believe me my fahter had to go to three different police stations and he has made atleast 15 visits to get this done! It is a painful thing but I guess we don't have a better way.
Local police station at my hometown is just few steps away from my house. My dad knows the police officer who is incharge of that section. He visited his office everyday and tried everything. They said they cannot help unless the request comes through IG Office. We even went to SP level and nothing worked out, even he says the same thing. Now I need to contact IG/Commisioner office, so I'm requesting your help to get his email address.