App. Filed.......
JULY 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
25-02-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
just a quick question..when you apply for pcc do they take your passport for the duration of the request?

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Is it a generalised view that all applications in April/May did NOT get their PCCs yet? Or is it a 1-off scenario? If this is the trend, I am pretty worried about my timelines(applied in July).

htrak said:
Guys, Just wanted to let you know that my PCC application has finally reached the local police station in India from the consulate. The local police is ok with my details and they are going to respond to the consulate. I am a bit relieved now, as I originally thought my application is lost somewhere.

If you have applied during April-May, I guess those applications have just reached India. It may be worth checking with your local police station now.

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
yes unfortunately they do! The whole period

rohitoarxl said:
just a quick question..when you apply for pcc do they take your passport for the duration of the request?

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
I applied for Indian PCC at BLS office located at Victoria park and Lawrence Avenue East,Scarborough on 26th April 2013, I tried contacting to BLS through E-mail and they said me that haven't received any response from india.

On July 11th 2013,a local police station officer from my district visited to my locality there to inquire about me,and am just hoping now that I receive PCC soon,as its way too longer now than the standard 4-6 weeks mentioned on the BSL website

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
crashcat007 said:
I applied for Indian PCC at BLS office located at Victoria park and Lawrence Avenue East,Scarborough on 26th April 2013, I tried contacting to BLS through E-mail and they said me that haven't received any response from india.

On July 11th 2013,a local police station officer from my district visited to my locality there to inquire about me,and am just hoping now that I receive PCC soon,as its way too longer now than the standard 4-6 weeks mentioned on the BSL website
Hi crashcat007,
Good luck with the PCC. Do you know how the local police sends their report back to Indian consulate in Canada? Apparently, my local police station is not sure about the procedure. The verification is complete but the report is still laying there in the police station.

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Re: India PCC -Received on time

I applied my PCC on July 9th from BSL, Brampton location and received the PCC within 2 weeks.As I saw many posts for delayed PCC which were applied in April/May, not sure what was the reason though.

This is the second time I applied for it and received within 2 week both the time. All the Best to others!

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Re: India PCC -Received on time

I guess it all depends on the address where you apply for! If the address is metropolitan, the Police Station there would have handled many such cases and the PCC would be done within the stipulated time.

I am still waiting for my PCC(3rd week now). My wife's was done in 1 day (not metropolitan though!). I guess some of the applications(like my wife's) don't even go to India. The consulate would have randomly selected such applications that wouldn't need any processing done from India.

nick_ind said:
I applied my PCC on July 9th from BSL, Brampton location and received the PCC within 2 weeks.As I saw many posts for delayed PCC which were applied in April/May, not sure what was the reason though.

This is the second time I applied for it and received within 2 week both the time. All the Best to others!

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
htrak said:
Hi crashcat007,
Good luck with the PCC. Do you know how the local police sends their report back to Indian consulate in Canada? Apparently, my local police station is not sure about the procedure. The verification is complete but the report is still laying there in the police station.
Even I have the same issue. My verification is complete but they don't know where to send the report to.

When I checked with local police they told me that, they had received request for Police Verification and there is no proper From Address or any cover letter attached to it.

Please let me know if you find out the procedure. Thanks in advance.

sekarchinna

Jul 22, 2013
I applied for my Indian PCC in Brampton center on 12th of this month and received the PCC on 21st with in 9 days. I think they never sent my passport back home for verification. It is signed by consulate general. I'm surprised :eek:

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
CECFEB2013 said:
Even I have the same issue. My verification is complete but they don't know where to send the report to.

When I checked with local police they told me that, they had received request for Police Verification and there is no proper From Address or any cover letter attached to it.

Please let me know if you find out the procedure. Thanks in advance.
I spoke with a person at the consulate, he said the police should know as to how and where to send the report. I was not getting a direct answer. I am having a bad feeling that PCC is going to be delayed further.

If anyone knows how the local police sends the report back to consulate in Canada, please let me know. Your help is very much appreciated.

Rajanna

Jun 13, 2010
Same issue happened to me last year.
Consulate send the request to India Passport office. They will forward the request to the address on Passport commissioner office. They will then fwd same to local police station. If the local police doesnt know what to do - You are stuck.
If you dont get any response with in a week - Call/Write to ACP or Commissioner office. You will see reply with in a week for sure.
Local police should check their local books and send report back to Commissioner office. No need to go to your address on passport.

Being said this, My PCC request took almost 1 Year. Request went to my local police station. Police man there went to my address on my passport(Its my old rental house). He kept it with him as pending inquiry. After 11 months of waiting and inquiry, I have sent an email to Commissioner office with all the details and the process. With in a week I got my verification scanned copy that is sent to Consulate. With in 2 days I got my PCC from Consulate.

Follow-up with ACP.
Jai Ho

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Well..my experience is different. I went to BLS center in Toronto and applied last week. I received the PCC in a week. They couriered my passport and the PCC today.

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
I checked with my local police station and they told me that my PCC hasn't reached them yet. This is my 4th week since I applied. Should I wait for 2 more weeks or should I go check withConsulate @ Bloor on Fri afternoons to see where my application is? I am worried cz I have IELTS in last week of Aug.

Also can we get the file# of our PCC and check where is it struck in the process?

Rajanna said:
Consulate send the request to India Passport office. They will forward the request to the address on Passport commissioner office. They will then fwd same to local police station. If the local police doesnt know what to do - You are stuck.
If you dont get any response with in a week - Call/Write to ACP or Commissioner office. You will see reply with in a week for sure.
Local police should check their local books and send report back to Commissioner office. No need to go to your address on passport.

Being said this, My PCC request took almost 1 Year. Request went to my local police station. Police man there went to my address on my passport(Its my old rental house). He kept it with him as pending inquiry. After 11 months of waiting and inquiry, I have sent an email to Commissioner office with all the details and the process. With in a week I got my verification scanned copy that is sent to Consulate. With in 2 days I got my PCC from Consulate.

Follow-up with ACP.
Jai Ho

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Rajanna said:

Follow-up with ACP.
Jai Ho
Thanks Rajanna. The information you provided certainly helps, I'll send an email to ACP/passport commissioner office.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
tag4u said:
I checked with my local police station and they told me that my PCC hasn't reached them yet. This is my 4th week since I applied. Should I wait for 2 more weeks or should I go check withConsulate @ Bloor on Fri afternoons to see where my application is? I am worried cz I have IELTS in last week of Aug.

Also can we get the file# of our PCC and check where is it struck in the process?
I applied during second week of April and the request reached the local police station only during the last week of June. You can try visiting the consulate after 6 weeks and ask for the status. They are not sending all applications, only selected few are sent to India. If you are lucky and the application is not sent to India, you should get your PCC soon. My suggestion, in a worst case situation, is to be prepared for withdrawing your application if nothing happens before your IELTS.