Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Google it for your state, most likely you will find email address and phone numbers

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Omshri said:
Google it for your state, most likely you will find email address and phone numbers
I did that first before posting in this forum. I found only contact numbers and not email or postal address.

I posted my request in this forum as someone said that they had emailed the ACP office and got PCC within a week, so I'm interested in finding out that email address...

Thank you.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Hi All,

After several followups (8 months) with my local police they said that my PCC report will be ready by tomorrow.

Now, the issue is they are saying that they will send the report only by registered post to CGI, which would at least take 1 month. I requested them to send the report by courier and they refused stating that as per the rules they are not supposed to send by courier.

Next, I asked if they could send it by email/fax. Again they refused stating that they do not have fax machine and they are not supposed to send response by email as they haven't received the request by email.

After pleading them they agreed to give the report copy to my father for some time so that he can scan the report and give it back to them.

Now my question is, if my father send the scanned copy of the PCC report to me and if I take the report to CGI, will CGI accept it and issue PCC to me?

Please let me know if you had any such experience, so that it would help me.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
CECFEB2013 said:
Hi All,

After several followups (8 months) with my local police they said that my PCC report will be ready by tomorrow.

Now, the issue is they are saying that they will send the report only by registered post to CGI, which would at least take 1 month. I requested them to send the report by courier and they refused stating that as per the rules they are not supposed to send by courier.

Next, I asked if they could send it by email/fax. Again they refused stating that they do not have fax machine and they are not supposed to send response by email as they haven't received the request by email.

After pleading them they agreed to give the report copy to my father for some time so that he can scan the report and give it back to them.

Now my question is, if my father send the scanned copy of the PCC report to me and if I take the report to CGI, will CGI accept it and issue PCC to me?

Please let me know if you had any such experience, so that it would help me.

Wow 8 months!
I doubt the folks at CGI will entertain that type of request, but it is worth the try.

I just wanted to let you know, when I was in the same situation and contacted the CGI, they said my clearance is not in the “system”. I assume it is some kind of database used by CGI and the police or Regional passport office in India. Is it possible for your father to get in touch with the regional passport office and record the police clearance details in the so called “system”?

Fyi, my father didn’t have to do that because he was given the liberty to send the original report by courier.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
CECFEB2013 said:
At last I got my Indian PCC after 8 months....
Me too at last got my Indian PCC today after long wait of 6.5 months.. my sincere thanks to Indian consulate for granting me a PCC. :p

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi bhopali, CECFEB2013, & htrak,

I went thru all ur comments during the last few months and must say its seriously frustrating..I want to know why such a delay for ur PCC to get?? there must be some reason for this....is there anything to do with the address on passport and address on pcc application?? either address in canada/india or there is some other reason altogether which led to this uncommon delay?? i m planning to apply for pcc too, so just wanna have the idea..

and another question, do the local police officers really go and check personally ur address mentioned on the application?? bcoz I read somewhere on this website itself that they just check the database and send the results to cgi..

ur replies r highly appreciated..thnks

hiddenhero

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Hi ,

I applied for PCC on August 30 , but have not heard from them. I called up my local police station with the BLS tracking number . But they they told that there is no application with that number or with my name there. But when I contacted indian consulate, they told application was send to local police station for verification in september. Now I am confused , what to do, where to ask?

Any suggestions on what to do here? I don't see any point in getting the PCC after 8 or 9 months and then sending for PR processing.

Thanks

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
shimnui1 said:
Hi bhopali, CECFEB2013, & htrak,

I went thru all ur comments during the last few months and must say its seriously frustrating..I want to know why such a delay for ur PCC to get?? there must be some reason for this....is there anything to do with the address on passport and address on pcc application?? either address in canada/india or there is some other reason altogether which led to this uncommon delay?? i m planning to apply for pcc too, so just wanna have the idea..

and another question, do the local police officers really go and check personally ur address mentioned on the application?? bcoz I read somewhere on this website itself that they just check the database and send the results to cgi..

ur replies r highly appreciated..thnks
Hi shimnui1,
I remember reading in this forum that when a passport is issued via tatkal scheme there are chances that the PCC will get delayed, reason being police verification is not done during that time. I think same reason applies when a passport is issued overseas, as in my case the passport was issued when I was in the US. In these situations, I believe they had to send request to the local police in India to get latest police report to issue a PCC because there is no information in their "database".

Regarding your other question, local police in India visit the address that is mentioned in the PCC application form. Though in my case, they didn't have to visit my address as my father started visiting the police station frequently even before they received the request from CGI. I hope this helps.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htrak said:
Hi shimnui1,
I remember reading in this forum that when a passport is issued via tatkal scheme there are chances that the PCC will get delayed, reason being police verification is not done during that time. I think same reason applies when a passport is issued overseas, as in my case the passport was issued when I was in the US. In these situations, I believe they had to send request to the local police in India to get latest police report to issue a PCC because there is no information in their "database".

Regarding your other question, local police in India visit the address that is mentioned in the PCC application form. Though in my case, they didn't have to visit my address as my father started visiting the police station frequently even before they received the request from CGI. I hope this helps.
thnks for ur response.. ok..so, i m almost in the same case..basically, my previous passport (that was issued in from india)was cancelled by CGI Toronto and they issued me a new indian passport. This passport has a canadian address and was issued in toronto..so what would be ur opinion for my case??

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
My wife's PCC took more than 6 months to get it because of the adverse report on her file back home.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
shimnui1 said:
thnks for ur response.. ok..so, i m almost in the same case..basically, my previous passport (that was issued in from india)was cancelled by CGI Toronto and they issued me a new indian passport. This passport has a canadian address and was issued in toronto..so what would be ur opinion for my case??
A friend of mine recently had his passport renewed from Toronto. When he applied for PCC with the new passport, surprisingly he received it within one month from CGI toronto! I believe the processing was faster because the passport and PCC were issued from the same location. If you are lucky you should get it soon.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htrak said:
A friend of mine recently had his passport renewed from Toronto. When he applied for PCC with the new passport, surprisingly he received it within one month from CGI toronto! I believe the processing was faster because the passport and PCC were issued from the same location. If you are lucky you should get it soon.
that makes sense....but why was it that delayed in ur case then? even in ur case if i m rite, ur renewed passport was issued frm US...so is it just that it was issued frm US and u applied for PCC in canada...ur PCC got delayed so terribly..??

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
shimnui1 said:
that makes sense....but why was it that delayed in ur case then? even in ur case if i m rite, ur renewed passport was issued frm US...so is it just that it was issued frm US and u applied for PCC in canada...ur PCC got delayed so terribly..??
Yes, I think that was the reason why my PCC was delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no coordination between consulates!