+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect marital status on COPR

amitdeep

May 30, 2024
Hello all,
Appreciate an insight on the below please:

I was single when I got the ITA (Express Entry) in March 2023. Then I got married in Nov 2023 and updated IRCC of the same and my marital status was updated in their system.
I received the PPR in April 2024 and sent my passport for stamping at the New Delhi VO.
I received my passport and COPR on 15 May 2024, but the marital status on COPR says single.

My queries:

1. Will this need to be corrected as I had already informed IRCC about the change and then only received the PPR request as they had updated the status to married in their system?
2. Can I land using this COPR or it has to be amended?
3. If this needs to be amended, what is the course of action?- does this go to New Delhi VO ? If so, what’s the best and quickest way to contact them? Do I raise a web form or email?

Any help/ suggestion is greatly appreciated!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello all,
Appreciate an insight on the below please:

I was single when I got the ITA (Express Entry) in March 2023. Then I got married in Nov 2023 and updated IRCC of the same and my marital status was updated in their system.
I received the PPR in April 2024 and sent my passport for stamping at the New Delhi VO.
I received my passport and COPR on 15 May 2024, but the marital status on COPR says single.

My queries:

1. Will this need to be corrected as I had already informed IRCC about the change and then only received the PPR request as they had updated the status to married in their system?
2. Can I land using this COPR or it has to be amended?
3. If this needs to be amended, what is the course of action?- does this go to New Delhi VO ? If so, what’s the best and quickest way to contact them? Do I raise a web form or email?

Any help/ suggestion is greatly appreciated!
There are plenty of threads on these topics: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/typo-error-in-copr.733865/

You'll have to get this info corrected.

Reactions: amitdeep

amitdeep

May 30, 2024
I have emailed and used web form to bring this to New Delhi VI’s attention.
Will post further updates when I receive one.

amitdeep

May 30, 2024
New Delhi VO finally asked me to re send the passport for correction. Their email came on 25th July (2.5 months after I emailed them originally advising of the error).
I have submitted my passport on 29th July 2024 and waiting for it to come back after correction.
Will further post updates once I receive it.

amitdeep

May 30, 2024
I finally received my passport and updated (correct) COPR with marital status as ‘married’ today- 27 Aug 2024.
Will be flying to Canada sometime next week.

amitdeep

May 30, 2024
Update:

I arrived in Canada on 9 Sep 2024 and everything went well with the Immigration officials.
Officially Canadian Permanent Resident ❤