+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
OhCanadiana said:
You're welcome!

That's true if you are applying ........................ if you're not sure, just notarize the photocopy.
Thank You so very much OhCanadiana for your suggestions

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
You should only need 1 certified copy as the CIO will forward the application to the visa office if approved.

The Backgrounder says they have eliminated the step where you had 120 days to send the documents to the visa office (as part of eliminating the simplified process) and according to Operational Bulletin 218, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218.asp

I don't think anyone knows if the caps are full or not yet. The CIO is processing applications in the order received and it usually takes at least 6 weeks for them to process and application. Therefore, they are most likely still working on the ones received before June 26. Just focus on sending your application and hope for the best! Remember, everyone else faced with the new rules also had to pull all their documents together before submitting their application now.
thanks very much Ohcanada for all your help. what do you think about July 1- 2011 do you think this rule will be continue at least for one more year or will be change, caz I am worry about this, until my sister gather her docs. caps might be full..... but i am sure she has enough time to gathering everything and will be ready for next run which they will count from 0 again.
what you think and what is your openion.
thanks

sancan

Jul 20, 2010
bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-10
AOR Received.
8-02-11
IELTS Request
already submitted
Dear ALL,

If we submit the Police clearance certificate now with all the documents ,then will do we require to give them again after 6 -8 months time.
What if an applicant does a crime between this time span?????????

Please comment

dharm_pan

Feb 14, 2010
Dear rely,

Can you please confirm notarization required only for two types of documents i.e. row no. 6 and 7 : -

6. NOTARIZED Professional certificate eg Chartered accountant certificate,.
7.NOTARIZED appointment letter,confirmation letter, promotion letter,salary slips,resignation letter,appreciation letters from current and previous companies.Only few salary slips selected.

Are you sure passport photocopy need not be notarized.

Regards
dharm_pan

babu2005

Jul 19, 2010
sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
recieved 13/09/2010
Doc's Request.
send all documents
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
yes 5th january 2011
IELTS Request
send original
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
24th june but got it 13 nt july
Med's Done....
n/a
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
n/a
hi everyone,
i m a newbie on this forum. as i m trying to collect all my documents to apply skill worker i m bit of confused about the educational documents like trancript. which saing that •Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in university-sealed envelopes. my college shutdown 2 years ago. i tried to contact different educatinal board in sydney no body hav the correct information.

do i need to get new transcript on a college sealed envelop.

or i can send my old transcript with college envelop

if any body can help me would be appreciated.

thanks bob

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
"If we submit the Police clearance certificate now with all the documents ,then will do we require to give them again after 6 -8 months time".

You need just notorized copy of Police Certificate at CIO, While you need oroginal along with Visa office application.

As supplementary documents at CIO you need just copies of Appendix A documents of Visa Office.

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
OhCanadiana

you are misleading people.
CIO clearly say they just need copy of vias office check list in appendix A and you are saying for submissions off all documents to CIO which is totally wrong, in original documents CIO is just demanding IELTS+Fees payment.
and notorized copy of Police certificate.

If all documents will go to CIO, then what any one will submit on address of Visa office, Visa office is also not asking all originals but infact just Police Certificate+Transcripts+Proof of Fund+Marriage Certificate and all other documents in the form of copies as soon as possible,

cherishmm

Jul 21, 2010
document submission querry

hi,

i got file number . i am running around o collect documents . i find many difficulties , a few are hilighted below :

1. many employers , especially in government dont have business card . is it really required ? if not , then what to do?

2. i worked in saudi arabia . i applied for PCC in delhi thru my rep. they want me to come there personally . i am in maldives . it is a wasteful journey to go a long way yo delhi for just submitting an applcation. why is the saudi embassy insisting like this ? what i should do now ?

3. i have all my experience certificates . why is that a new certificate is required from each employer again ? what if the company does not exist now or the new manager is not ready to issue it?

4. is teaching a regulated profession ? is there a license ?

5. what type of IELTS required for college teachers - academic or general ?

pls reply

nick985

Sep 1, 2009
You need to give General Training test for IELTS

Business card is optional and is positive to have it but if you don't then it does not effect anything.

mhassib

Jul 21, 2010
I just want to say thank for everyone's support

I have a few questions that might help me apply

1- Is a 1213 Supervisors, Library, Correspondence and Related Information Clerks fall under the new 1122 business category or this is something else?

2- If i will submit all the documents does this mean that I need to take the tests for the language before applying and the medical and police checks.

3- If the answer to question number 1 is no, should i just apply or i shouldnt waste my time.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrantapplicant said:
Thank You so very much OhCanadiana for your suggestions
You're welcome, immigrantapplicant. Glad it helped. Good luck putting all your documents together and submitting your application - may everything go smoothly and fast the first time around!

mf007

Jul 21, 2010
Documents were sent however...

I am new to this so bear with me! I hail from the UK. I applied (literally a few days AFTER), the NOC codes changed (sod's law as we say in the UK). This morning I received my application back to say that I had my application is 'not accompanied by the ORIGINAL results of your English or French language proficiency assessment'.
Needless to say that I am British, I have clearly stated that I have over 16 years of formal British education PLUS I have a Post Graduate degree of 1 year full time education from a Canadian College in Toronto!

It also states that despite my efforts to apply under the NOC code 0213 - Systems Information Manager, of which I have had proof of work in the UK, as the laws have YET AGAIN changed, I now need to apply under a new FSW code! My fee was not processed so at least that was returned along with ticks in 2 boxes: 1 - that I had failed to supply the results of the English and French assessment, 2 - that I need to visit the website for cic Canada for complete information of the new requirements.
Does this now mean that I CANNOT apply under the code 0213 (which I realise is now no longer part of the NOC code), so can I apply under a different FSW code (I have worked in Business Management too), my degree from Toronto was in Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management moreover, I also have a Certification in SAP R/3 Business Systems).

Advice please?
Thank you

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strong said:
thanks very much Ohcanada for all your help. what do you think about July 1- 2011 do you think this rule will be continue at least for one more year or will be change, caz I am worry about this, until my sister gather her docs. caps might be full..... but i am sure she has enough time to gathering everything and will be ready for next run which they will count from 0 again.
what you think and what is your openion.
thanks
I do not own a crystal ball! ;)

If I were your sister, I'd apply as soon as I can because everyone else is probably also taking time to pull all their documents together if they didn't apply before June 26 and if the rules stay the same and she waits until next year, she will be competing with many more people who will have everything ready so the cap will likely be reached very quickly in 2011.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sancan said:
Dear ALL,

If we submit the Police clearance certificate now with all the documents ,then will do we require to give them again after 6 -8 months time.
What if an applicant does a crime between this time span?????????

Please comment
The rules indicate that Police Certificates are valid as long as they were issued within the 3 months prior to submitting your application to the CIO. In fact, this rule existed even before June 26 and hasn't changed. Only thing is now they request that you submit the documents upfront.

I have read on the forum of a case where someone had to resubmit a PCC, but it does not seem to be the typical scenario.