+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manshriram said:
Hey all,

Hope all is well, Please suggest if I need to go through immigration representative or Can I apply on my own? If yes, Please suggest how to apply from India and which website I can get all the documents to apply. What is PCC? Do I need to send any documents local visa office in India ie New Delhi? How does this Canada visa process works? I apologize for immature questions...

Thanking you & Have a nice day.
This is a subject that has been debated a lot in the forum - search for representative (search box in the top right) and you'll get several views. Bottom line is you can apply yourself, but you have to be willing (and able) to take the time to read through the documents and instructions on cic.gc.ca and fill in the forms yourself. If you do that, there's plenty of people a bit further down the road of the process who are happy to share experiences and answer questions and debate on this forum (and others) so you don't feel alone. So it's really up to you!

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanx Canadiana...I have few more questions..how to know if the 1000 position for each experience is filled or not....also I have my bachelor's in architecture and I registered as an architect under council of Architect India. I graduated in 2003....then I worked an Assistant Architect for 2 years from June 2003 to June 2005 with one small firm.and then I joined another company and worked an project architect for 1 year from August 2005 till Sep 2006, simultaneously I was studying part time for Post graduate diploma in project management....I completed my Post graduation in 2006. Then I went to USA to do my Master's in Construction Management in May 2007 till Dec 2008...I came back to my home country and now I am working as a Assistant Project Manager from April 2009 till present...I am an International Associate member of American Institute of Architects(AIA)..Please suggest the category which I may be eligible...I am planning to apply under 2151 Architect... I have the experience letter but the date on the letter head is old...will it be a problem or do I need to make new experience letter same format...hope I don't confuse you...I have all the documents do I need to notarized it and send it or just photocopy is fine...PLEASE ADVICE... :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manshriram said:
thanx Canadiana...I have few more questions..how to know if the 1000 position for each experience is filled or not
We won't know that until the CIC publishes the information that certain NOC's are closed or until people start getting rejected. I suggest you hurry and apply so you don't find out the hard way!

manshriram said:
....also I have my bachelor's in architecture and I registered as an architect under council of Architect India. I graduated in 2003....then I worked an Assistant Architect for 2 years from June 2003 to June 2005 with one small firm.and then I joined another company and worked an project architect for 1 year from August 2005 till Sep 2006, simultaneously I was studying part time for Post graduate diploma in project management....I completed my Post graduation in 2006. Then I went to USA to do my Master's in Construction Management in May 2007 till Dec 2008...I came back to my home country and now I am working as a Assistant Project Manager from April 2009 till present...I am an International Associate member of American Institute of Architects(AIA)..Please suggest the category which I may be eligible...I am planning to apply under 2151 Architect... I have the experience letter but the date on the letter head is old...will it be a problem or do I need to make new experience letter same format...hope I don't confuse you...
Since 2151 is listed, just double check that your experience covers most of the duties listed in http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2151. You can use the old experience letter, but it's better if you can get an updated one to ensure that the signer is aware and available for any verification (sometimes the visa office will verify by calling or visiting the company, for example)

manshriram said:
I have all the documents do I need to notarized it and send it or just photocopy is fine...PLEASE ADVICE... :)
You need to send the documents as specified in your visa office specific instructions (it varies). In general, most photocopies need to be certified (e.g., the instructions say any translated document must have a certified copy of the original attached).

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
OhCanadiana said:
What do you mean by pre-qualification work experience?
1. I completed my graduation in october 2006 but i started my job in sep 2006. do u think CIO will accept this 1 month prior work exp since it was gained before completion of graduation?
2.Do u think Work Experience will continue to increase after the submission of the application up to the time of assessment of the application by Canadian Immigration and the points will be increased accordingly?

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Which Checklist to use as a cover page- the Visa Office's or CIO Sydney.

Please advise.

powel25

Jul 24, 2010
Hi everyone ,

Could somebody help me ?? I have to pay the fee's for the Federal Skilled Worker , but there it
say's Fee's payable to the Receiver General for Canada . To be able to make a money transfer from abroad
I need to know an IBAN , BIC and address .
Can somebody tell me this details . I cannot find anywhere this details .

Thanks.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
nitroxn said:

Please advise.
CIO checklist would be the cover page.
However, since u have to submit all the documents once only in CIO, while submitting visa office documents u have to use visa office checklist as the cover page for the additional documents requested by the visa office.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
powel25 said:
Hi everyone ,

Could somebody help me ?? I have to pay the fee's for the Federal Skilled Worker , but there it
say's Fee's payable to the Receiver General for Canada . To be able to make a money transfer from abroad

Thanks.
U can pay by bank draft which doesnt require all those info.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
1. I completed my graduation in october 2006 but i started my job in sep 2006. do u think CIO will accept this 1 month prior work exp since it was gained before completion of graduation?
2.Do u think Work Experience will continue to increase after the submission of the application up to the time of assessment of the application by Canadian Immigration and the points will be increased accordingly?
1) As long as you were fulfilling the relevant duties, they should accept the time. Question is whether it was full time or not. If you were working part time, it only counts as the relevant prorated time (e.g, if you were working 50% of the time vs. full time, it counts as half a month)
2) Technically, yes, but I wouldn't rely on busy people to necessarily notic. However, since you need to be eligible upfront this shouldn't matter.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitroxn said:

Please advise.
Given that the CIO is still processing both types of applications, I would use both. The visa office checklist usually includes everything that the CIO application includes (except the credit card fee payment form) so just put both of the checklists upfront (CIO checklist, visa office checklist, then all the documents) and make sure you include everything from both checklists. A bit extra work, but your goal should be to make it easy for the visa officer to review and avoid confusion so your application can be processed as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Good luck!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powel25 said:
Hi everyone ,

Thanks.
You can pay with credit card or certified/bankers/official check only. You can get a certified check in CAD from banks. Note, however, that many people prefer to pay with a credit card because it is often easiest to track if it has been processed (which means your AOR is on the way) because you can see it on your statement.

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear OhCanadiana
Thanks for your valuable inputs. I have a couple of queries:

1. Do we have to write a 'Cover Letter', explaining our total eligibility points & other details, or is it ok to just use the 2 checklists as cover-page (as mentioned in cic website)?

2. I have everything with me at the moment except 'Original Transcripts of Degrees' from university. Can I send my application with Notarized true copies of my Degrees, marksheets, migration certificates etc. ?
(Dont know if my university guys will even understand what I was asking !!)

3. How do we make the "PR application courier pack" ? (I plan to punch all documents in a good file, make a compact, waterproof packet before sending to CIO)

4. In the end, which is the best courier to use from New Delhi, India ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

jmora

Star Member
Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NA
Hello,

I am a Syrian national residing in United Arab Emirates for the last 7 years. I want to apply for immigration to Canada under FSW.

I am not sure under which visa specific office forms should I check as the CIC website says:
"Determine which Canadian visa office is responsible for:

* the country in which you are residing, provided you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year; or
* your country of nationality."

Abu Dhabi-UAE checklist does not have FSW forms whereas Damascus-Syria has. Does this mean I should follow Damascus-Syria office requirements?

Moreover, once I complete the application and the supporting documents, do I need to send them to Damascus-Syria AND Sydney, NS, Canada? I assume I need to send them to Sydney only...

Do I need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fees with the application or after I receive the approval?

Please help.
Many thanks,

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada121 said:
Dear OhCanadiana
Thanks for your valuable inputs. I have a couple of queries:
You are most welcome :)

canada121 said:
1. Do we have to write a 'Cover Letter', explaining our total eligibility points & other details, or is it ok to just use the 2 checklists as cover-page (as mentioned in cic website)?
Some people just use the checklist, others include a cover page so it's really your choice.
I would only use a cover page to explain items that are not clear from the application, so for example, you could explain the structure of your application, anything unique about the documents, and even summarize the points if you want. It's really up to each person's preferences (and personality!)

canada121 said:
2. I have everything with me at the moment except 'Original Transcripts of Degrees' from university. Can I send my application with Notarized true copies of my Degrees, marksheets, migration certificates etc. ?
(Dont know if my university guys will even understand what I was asking !!)
I just took a look at the New Delhi visa office specific instructions and it does ask for sealed transcripts so I'd really try to get them - your university may surprise you! All they need to do is take a copy of a document with the classes you took and your grades (the marksheet?) and put it in an envelope and seal the back with their stamp. If they don't normally do this, perhaps you can persuade whoever is writing the certificate of completion for you to do this for you (they should have access to the records to write the certificate of completion anyway)? You may be pleasantly surprised!
If that doesn't work, send the correspondence with the university where they refuse to do it and explain that you tried your best, but the best you can provide them with is the certified copy and hope for the best!

canada121 said:
3. How do we make the "PR application courier pack" ? (I plan to punch all documents in a good file, make a compact, waterproof packet before sending to CIO)
Sounds like a good idea to make it waterproof! Some visa offices have good tips - the best set I've seen (from the Buffalo Office at www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/helpful_hints-conseils_utiles.aspx?lang=eng.) asks for documents to be held with paperclips only where necessary and that applicants use rubber bands to hold it all together to make it easier for them to process.

canada121 said:
4. In the end, which is the best courier to use from New Delhi, India ?
I can't help you with this - perhaps worth starting a new thread for?

canada121 said:
Thanks in advance!
Hope that helps!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmora said:
Hello,

I am a Syrian national residing in United Arab Emirates for the last 7 years. I want to apply for immigration to Canada under FSW.

I am not sure under which visa specific office forms should I check as the CIC website says:
"Determine which Canadian visa office is responsible for:

* the country in which you are residing, provided you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year; or
* your country of nationality."

Abu Dhabi-UAE checklist does not have FSW forms whereas Damascus-Syria has. Does this mean I should follow Damascus-Syria office requirements?

Moreover, once I complete the application and the supporting documents, do I need to send them to Damascus-Syria AND Sydney, NS, Canada? I assume I need to send them to Sydney only...

Do I need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fees with the application or after I receive the approval?

Please help.
Many thanks,
You can either select the visa office responsible for Syria (Syria itself) or the one responsible for the UAE ("Business and skilled worker classes apply to London") given that you've been legally there for more than one year. The list of visa offices responsible for each country is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

I'd consider the time lines of the two offices, relevant history in each (given that they may want to verify your educational and work history), and policy on interviews.

Good luck!

PS. Oh, and please have a date for me (preferably Bateel) - they are soooo yummy!