+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Documents were sent however...

mf007 said:
I am new to this so bear with me! I hail from the UK. I applied (literally a few days AFTER), the NOC codes changed (sod's law as we say in the UK). This morning I received my application back to say that I had my application is 'not accompanied by the ORIGINAL results of your English or French language proficiency assessment'.
Needless to say that I am British, I have clearly stated that I have over 16 years of formal British education PLUS I have a Post Graduate degree of 1 year full time education from a Canadian College in Toronto!

It also states that despite my efforts to apply under the NOC code 0213 - Systems Information Manager, of which I have had proof of work in the UK, as the laws have YET AGAIN changed, I now need to apply under a new FSW code! My fee was not processed so at least that was returned along with ticks in 2 boxes: 1 - that I had failed to supply the results of the English and French assessment, 2 - that I need to visit the website for cic Canada for complete information of the new requirements.
Does this now mean that I CANNOT apply under the code 0213 (which I realise is now no longer part of the NOC code), so can I apply under a different FSW code (I have worked in Business Management too), my degree from Toronto was in Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management moreover, I also have a Certification in SAP R/3 Business Systems).

Advice please?
Thank you

Welcome to the forum, mf007!

In terms of language testing
, the rules depend on when you applied:
- The CIC announced on March 10 that: "“The language requirements themselves have not changed,” said Minister Kenney. “But beginning April 10, 2010, prospective immigrants will be required to prove their English and French language abilities at the time they apply.” ... “We expect that applicants will have the language skills they claim on their application. Now, applicants in these categories will have only one opportunity to prove their language ability,” said Minister Kenney. “They can still make a written submission to a visa officer if they wish, but only once.”
per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

- The rules further changed on June 26 2010 with the New Ministerial Instructions (which also changed the list of "in-demand" NOC codes and the application process)
"Federal Skilled Worker applications (see footnote 1) received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney on or after June 26, 2010, accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment, (see footnote 2) not exceeding the identified caps and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:" per http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html#3
and
"On changes to language testing
10. What changes are you making to the language requirements?
Under the changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Canadian Experience Class, all new applicants are required to include the results of an English or French language test as part of their application.
Previously, applicants also had the option of proving their language ability via a written submission. The written submission was intended for people whose first language was English or French. However, non-native English and French speakers frequently used this option, making it difficult for visa officers to perform an accurate assessment of the applicant's true language ability. As a result CIC now only accepts designated third-party language tests as proof of language ability.
11. Are any applicants exempt from the mandatory language test? What about applicants from English or French speaking countries? Why would someone from England need to take an English test, for example?
There are no exceptions to this rule. We want to ensure that all applicants are evaluated against the same standards, no matter what their language of origin, nationality or ethnicity.
12. When did this change come into effect?
The change applies to all federal skilled worker and Canadian Experience Class applications received on or after June 26th, 2010. "
per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-06-26c.asp

In terms of NOC codes, the list of 29 in-demand NOC codes is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp. If you've had at least one year full-time experience (or equivalent) in one of those within the last 10 years you can re-apply without an AEO. It may not feel like it, but you're very lucky if you can as several people have reported being ineligible overnight! Even though the CIC publicly announced changes were coming, many people got quite frustrated.

One more thing
- PLEASE read the instructions carefully as more than just the above changed on June 26 2010. I started this thread to warn people about the fact that you now need to submit all the documents requested in the visa office specific checklist to the CIO with your initial application - you can get an overview with the following 3 posts: post 1, post 2 and post 3.

Welcome again (though I wish it were in better circumstances)!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babu2005 said:
hi everyone,
i m a newbie on this forum. as i m trying to collect all my documents to apply skill worker i m bit of confused about the educational documents like trancript. which saing that •Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in university-sealed envelopes. my college shutdown 2 years ago. i tried to contact different educatinal board in sydney no body hav the correct information.

do i need to get new transcript on a college sealed envelop.

or i can send my old transcript with college envelop

if any body can help me would be appreciated.

thanks bob
The sealed transcript doesn't have to be new. If you have an old one (with the latest information including your graduation, etc.), you can include it. If you only have an unsealed one, then submit a certified copy along with the explanation that your college shut down. In fact, I would send a note with any evidence you have to support the fact that the college shut down and when to help avoid any questions if they try to validate your educational background.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: document submission querry

cherishmm said:
hi,

i got file number . i am running around o collect documents . i find many difficulties , a few are hilighted below :

1. many employers , especially in government dont have business card . is it really required ? if not , then what to do?

2. i worked in saudi arabia . i applied for PCC in delhi thru my rep. they want me to come there personally . i am in maldives . it is a wasteful journey to go a long way yo delhi for just submitting an applcation. why is the saudi embassy insisting like this ? what i should do now ?

3. i have all my experience certificates . why is that a new certificate is required from each employer again ? what if the company does not exist now or the new manager is not ready to issue it?

4. is teaching a regulated profession ? is there a license ?

5. what type of IELTS required for college teachers - academic or general ?

pls reply
1) If they don't have a business card, ask them to include all their contact information in the letter
2) The CIC suggests at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp that you contact the nearest KSA Embassy - have you tried that?
3) I believe the application form says that if you cannot supply the employer reference letter for your current employer you should add an explanatory note. Please check the instructins.
4) Depends on the level
5) If you applied before June 26 (I assume so if you already have a file number), then you can submit either the general or the academic IELTS. If you have a choice, include the General better since the instructions have consistently requested the General IELTS. In the past, the Operating Manual OP-6 indicated they would also accept the Academic IELTS. If your application was received at the CIO on or after June 26, there is no guarantee that they will accept the Academic version as the OP-6 update has not been published yet.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhassib said:
I just want to say thank for everyone's support

I have a few questions that might help me apply

1- Is a 1213 Supervisors, Library, Correspondence and Related Information Clerks fall under the new 1122 business category or this is something else?

2- If i will submit all the documents does this mean that I need to take the tests for the language before applying and the medical and police checks.

3- If the answer to question number 1 is no, should i just apply or i shouldnt waste my time.
1) 1213 and 1122 are different NOC codes. To be eligible to apply under 1122, you must have performed most of the duties of the NOC code for at least one year full-time (or equivalent) in the last 10 years. You can find the main duties described at: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1122.
2) You have to submit the language test results with your application as well as (in most cases) the Police Clearance Certificates for every country you have lived in for at least 6 months since you were 16 or 18 years old. The detailed PCC instructions are available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp for each country.
3) You should only apply if you performed most of the duties of one of the 29 "in-demand" NOC codes listed at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp or if you have an AEO, of course.

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Ohcanadia you are quite right: as

5. Submit your application

Mail your application and your fee to the Centralized Intake Office for Federal Skilled Worker Applications in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). For more detailed information, including courier and mailing addresses, consult the federal skilled worker application package.

Do not submit your federal skilled worker application to the visa office responsible for your country of nationality or residence.

God should bless for giving and helping people.

M.AKRAM (Pakistan)

babu2005

Jul 19, 2010
sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
recieved 13/09/2010
Doc's Request.
send all documents
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
yes 5th january 2011
IELTS Request
send original
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
24th june but got it 13 nt july
Med's Done....
n/a
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
n/a
.The sealed transcript doesn't have to be new. If you have an old one (with the latest information including your graduation, etc.), you can include it. If you only have an unsealed one, then submit a certified copy along with the explanation that your college shut down. In fact, I would send a note with any evidence you have to support the fact that the college shut down and when to help avoid any questions if they try to validate your educational background
thanks dud i appreciate ur time.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Ohcanadia,
Pre-qualification paid work experience is acceptable or not?

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

Hope all is well, Please suggest if I need to go through immigration representative or Can I apply on my own? If yes, Please suggest how to apply from India and which website I can get all the documents to apply. What is PCC? Do I need to send any documents local visa office in India ie New Delhi? How does this Canada visa process works? I apologize for immature questions...

Thanking you & Have a nice day.

pommypaul

Jul 23, 2010
Hi CANADIANA
Help!!! you seem very knowledgeable....sent my application for skilled worker on the 20th June, was receipted after the 26th...oh the joy!!! Sent back asking for original copy of my English test results...I'm assuming my high school certificate will suffice????? I'm Born and bred English!
PCC? is that Police certificates? Anyone know how i get hold of one for Australia? (NSW)
Brain is well and truly fried!!!
Regards
Paul

pommypaul

Jul 23, 2010
Can somebody give my head peace, it clearly states that you are only to send copies of documents required with the exception of Police certificates? What about High school certificate showing English proffeciency????
Proof my uncle is living in Canada? What will suffice as proof!!!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pommypaul said:
Hi CANADIANA
Help!!! you seem very knowledgeable....sent my application for skilled worker on the 20th June, was receipted after the 26th...oh the joy!!! Sent back asking for original copy of my English test results...I'm assuming my high school certificate will suffice????? I'm Born and bred English!
PCC? is that Police certificates? Anyone know how i get hold of one for Australia? (NSW)
Brain is well and truly fried!!!
Regards
Paul
Hi Paul! Did they send back your application and ask you to resubmit it, or are they giving you to opportunity to add the items to your existing application? I know I'm grasping at straws, but am trying to see if there's any way you can get around collecting lots of documents now (and seeing if you still apply given the NOC code list).

As you know, after June 26 the rules changed significantly so if you are resubmitting it completely then you'll need to submit more than just the English test results (if the post-June 26 rules apply, everyone has to submit them, even native English speakers! - see the following posts for details on language testing (1) and general changes to documents you need to submit (2,3):

1) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg359076#msg359076
2) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg331057#msg331057
2) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg336467#msg336467

There's 2 English tests you can take - IELTS and CELPIP (CELPIP is only available in Canada). It's a 2.5 hour exam, but it's important to become familiar with the format ahead of time. BTW, you're lucky you're Aussie/Brit as the accents tend to be British, Australian, and New Zealander quite often so you can be happy you're not from the Americas if you do need to take it!

You can find details on Police Certificates (in this forum, abbreviated PCC for Police Clearance Certificate) at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp, including details on how to get them for each country you've lived in more than 6 months since you were 16 years of age (most only require them since you were 18, but there are a few exceptions).

Good luck and stay in touch (let me know how it turns out)!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pommypaul: Proof of English is the IELTS mark you obtain after completing the exam. All applicants must now take the test whether or not they have spoken English all their lives. Check IELTS links offered on canadavisa and online to familiarize yourself with mock exams. Google IELTS for test dates and locations near you. Be especially careful to ensure they are a legitimate testing centre. A friend and a number of others were caught in a scam in India last April. It all looked OK, but being the first time he had done this he had nothing for comparison. He paid his fees, sat the exam and waited for the results which never came. It ended up delaying his application nearly 2 months by the time he was able to register, sit another exam, get results and pay a second set of fees, of course!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pommypaul said:
Can somebody give my head peace, it clearly states that you are only to send copies of documents required with the exception of Police certificates? What about High school certificate showing English proffeciency????
Proof my uncle is living in Canada? What will suffice as proof!!!!
If you are applying after June 26 2010, then you need to submit results of a language test (IELTS, TEF, or CELPIP)
The proof for relatives living in Canada varies between visa offices, so you need to check your visa office specific checklist at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp for instructions. Typically they accept utility payments, tax filings, rent agreements, and employer certification letters but please do check the details for your case.