+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration landing issues

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024
My friend dad got married and his wife sponsor both of them, her dad is living in Canada and my friend lives outside Canada…the wife and her dad is separated…. she was approved her non immigrant visa but was denied entry from checking in on her flight to Canada as the agent told her it’s because of landing issues so she should have her dad contact the Canadian embassy… what do you suggest? Is there a way she will get the chance to enter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My friend dad got married and his wife sponsor both of them, her dad is living in Canada and my friend lives outside Canada…the wife and her dad is separated…. she was approved her non immigrant visa but was denied entry from checking in on her flight to Canada as the agent told her it’s because of landing issues so she should have her dad contact the Canadian embassy… what do you suggest? Is there a way she will get the chance to enter?
What is a non immigrant visa? What type of visa?

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024
A visa u get from the Canadian embassy outside of Canada stating ur migrating to Canada…
Her dad was approved for is PR, she was supposed to join him in Canada but was denied flight entry due to landing issues as she was told by the flight agent at the desk

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A visa u get from the Canadian embassy outside of Canada stating ur migrating to Canada…
So she was sponsored for PR through her step mother, and had COPR to enter Canada and land? If so, did step mother cancel her step daughter’s PR sponsorship application.

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024
So she was sponsored for PR through her step mother, and had COPR to enter Canada and land? If so, did step mother cancel her step daughter’s PR sponsorship application.
Not sure if it was canceled but she was wasn’t able to be checked in for her flight due to landing issues… she was told to contact the Canadian embassy, what do you think?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure if it was canceled but she was wasn’t able to be checked in for her flight due to landing issues… she was told to contact the Canadian embassy, what do you think?
She needs to contact the embassy. If her step mother cancelled her application then she cannot land in Canada as PR. Her step mother has every right if separate as she is financially responsible for her.

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024
She needs to contact the embassy. If her step mother cancelled her application then she cannot land in Canada as PR. Her step mother has every right if separate as she is financially responsible for her.
Even if the dad was approved?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She was told that the landing wasn’t approved in Canada but was approved in her country
Sounds like sponsorship may have been withdrawn before she landed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I for one do not understand what's going on here - if 'the wife and her dad is separated', then he should not have been able to land (unless they separated after he landed). If there's an issue, then the father's PR status may not be clear either.

If they indeed separated, then the wife may well have informed IRCC because she was obliged to do so. Same effect as sponsorship cancelled (which the dad's wife could do regardless).

On the other hand, if the father is now a PR and no issues (he became a pR before they separated), then in principle he should be able to sponsor his daughter on his own, as long as he has some employment to support her and she is under 22 years of age.

But still need to clarify what's going on. Regardless it's atrocious she was not informed of the issue beforehand.