+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration landing issues

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024
I for one do not understand what's going on here - if 'the wife and her dad is separated', then he should not have been able to land (unless they separated after he landed). If there's an issue, then the father's PR status may not be clear either.

If they indeed separated, then the wife may well have informed IRCC because she was obliged to do so. Same effect as sponsorship cancelled (which the dad's wife could do regardless).

On the other hand, if the father is now a PR and no issues (he became a pR before they separated), then in principle he should be able to sponsor his daughter on his own, as long as he has some employment to support her and she is under 22 years of age.

But still need to clarify what's going on. Regardless it's atrocious she was not informed of the issue beforehand.
Yes he has received his PR long before separation and was anticipating his daughter’s arrival. The little girl was granted a one entry non-immigrant visa ( the visa they give for persons migrating)that expires September of this year 2024. his daughter is 12 years old.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes he has received his PR long before separation and was anticipating his daughter’s arrival. The little girl was granted a one entry non-immigrant visa ( the visa they give for persons migrating)that expires September of this year 2024. his daughter is 12 years old.
If the daughter was sponsored by the (now) ex-wife, then yes, she is not eligible for sponsorship once separated from the father. The father should have been aware of this.

No big issue: if the father is now a PR, he can sponsor the daughter (assuming no other issues).

Now one caveat: you say he received PR long before separation, but the daughter was issued visa expiring september 2024 - now presumably this could NOT have been issued before sept 2023, possibly after. This does not sound like a normal timeline, unless your use of 'long before' is different than mine.

So: when did the father and the (now ex) wife separate? When did he become a PR?

Reactions: YVR123

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024
If the daughter was sponsored by the (now) ex-wife, then yes, she is not eligible for sponsorship once separated from the father. The father should have been aware of this.

No big issue: if the father is now a PR, he can sponsor the daughter (assuming no other issues).

Now one caveat: you say he received PR long before separation, but the daughter was issued visa expiring september 2024 - now presumably this could NOT have been issued before sept 2023, possibly after. This does not sound like a normal timeline, unless your use of 'long before' is different than mine.

So: when did the father and the (now ex) wife separate? When did he become a PR?
[/QUOTE
When the dad contact the immigration in Canada they are saying they didn’t see anything from their end to stop her from entering the country it more has to do with her country she’s living in…

Kutenikki

Apr 20, 2024

[/QUOTE
When the dad contact the immigration in Canada they are saying they didn’t see anything from their end to stop her from entering the country it more has to do with her country she’s living in…

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm afraid with this broken telephone it will be extremely difficult to figure out what's going on.

Regardless, if we go from what you have said: if the couple have split and the step-mother is no longer related to the girl, she CANNOT land or travel using that visa. This would be a misrepresentation as she is no longer eligible. She would risk her status and be at risk for a very long time.

instead, inform IRCC and have the father sponsor her.

Repeat, this is assuming any of the information above is correct, of which I have no faith.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So is there any way around it if the sponsor withdraw after dad was approved?
I would strongly recommend you speak with a lawyer who can help you figure out what happened. You don't have the full details and so it's really not possible for us to give you advice. We might give you the wrong advice since we don't have the full details.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So is there any way around it if the sponsor withdraw after dad was approved?
Around what? Whether the sponsor withdrew it or they have split and didn't withdraw it, she cannot land using that document.

The 'way around' it is for father to sponsor his daughter.

This is assuming the information is correct, and I don't know about that. I agree with comment above, best to speak with a lawyer. (Presumably the father should be doing all this)