+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM1344 Question 8 c)

Russoman

Aug 4, 2024
Alberta
Quick Question. In IMM1344, Question 8. I answer that my status is married, as I was recently married to the principal applicant. In "8. c) Provide the name of your current spouse/common-law partner" do I provide the name that is on my spouse's current documents? Or should I put the name that they desire to have now that we are married, i.e., with a changed last name? Thanks in advance.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
The do not desire anything.

Your wife either changed her family name or did not. You must use legal information.

If she did but her documents are not updated, then they are effectively void - wait until those changes are finished and apply with new name.

Reactions: Russoman

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
Quick Question. In IMM1344, Question 8. I answer that my status is married, as I was recently married to the principal applicant. In "8. c) Provide the name of your current spouse/common-law partner" do I provide the name that is on my spouse's current documents? Or should I put the name that they desire to have now that we are married, i.e., with a changed last name? Thanks in advance.
In these situations, always go with what is official. although you both are married if she hasn't legally updated her documents such as her passport and like to reflect the name change then it's best to use her old name as this is what they have her officially as until changes occur

Reactions: Russoman