joanatsf2014

Apr 8, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
rj16 said:
Congrats guys. You're right, Fish Market section was pretty bad. I didn't imagine I will score less in reading than listening. I was really surprised about the Speaking. I thought that was my worst performance, but obviously the examiner thought differently.

I actually booked another date for May 13th, thankfully I can cancel now. So glad I don't have to deal with this anymore.

Btw, anyone here on H1b visa? I'm still confused about whether it's worth to immigrate to Canada. I'm sick and tired of the uncertainties towards legal status in US, but will be a huge step to uproot and move.
Hi I am on OPT now in US. I have been going through H1B lottery in the past 2 years, but didn't get selected. This year is my last chance:-(

I don't want to move either, but if I am not getting H1B this year, then I have to.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hi all,

Is it normal to have to wait long, me and my spouse took the test on the 8th within the USA. However, the info still says "No candidate result found."

Took the test in Michigan.

EDIT/QUESTION 1: For all who have taken the test in US< the website to check for results is still "https://results.ieltsessentials.com/" ? Is that correct?

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
I think the results are rolled out over a period of 24 hours, so you should have them by tonight.

In some cases, the results can also get delayed beyond 24 hours, I'm not sure what's the process for that.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
rj16 said:
Congrats guys. You're right, Fish Market section was pretty bad. I didn't imagine I will score less in reading than listening. I was really surprised about the Speaking. I thought that was my worst performance, but obviously the examiner thought differently.

I actually booked another date for May 13th, thankfully I can cancel now. So glad I don't have to deal with this anymore.

Btw, anyone here on H1b visa? I'm still confused about whether it's worth to immigrate to Canada. I'm sick and tired of the uncertainties towards legal status in US, but will be a huge step to uproot and move.
100% no matter what happens now, I know I have the IELTS nailed for 2 years.

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
joanatsf2014 said:
Hi I am on OPT now in US. I have been going through H1B lottery in the past 2 years, but didn't get selected. This year is my last chance:-(

I don't want to move either, but if I am not getting H1B this year, then I have to.
Actually in my case, it would have been better if I was in your position. I should have taken this decision few years back. After being on H1 for 7 years, and still possibly having to wait for another 10 years for GC seems like a bad deal. And I'm on EB2 I140 approved.

My advice to you is you still have time on your side to think about it. Best case scenario, you're looking at 12-15 years to get green card, and having the freedom to work anywhere you want (assuming you're from India/China in EB2). If you chose Canada now, in 5-6 years, you can become a citizen and work in US on TN visa, with whichever employer you want. You also won't need to deal with the headache for H1b application/transfer/extension/amendment and visa stamping.

Good luck.

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
rj16 said:
So what's the update guys, how are the scores looking. I'm on top of the world:
Listening 8.5
Reading 8
Writing 8
Speaking 9

Where did you see your results? I have been trying and it says no result found. Can you please share the URL? I would really appreciate it.

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
I haven't got my results yet. It is almost close to a month since I have taken the exam. I spoke to the administrator of the test center, and she was saying that they did not get the scores from British Council to mail the TRF's. Is anyone facing the same issue? I have taken my exam in Kansas City.

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
I have got this reply from the administrator a week ago.

We refer to your IELTS test of 08/04/2017.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.

Unfortunately your result is still being processed so it has not been possible to analyse it yet. The analysis will be conducted when the processing of your result is completed. Test Report Forms will be issued to candidates from May 1st.

Please note that it is specified in the Declaration signed by candidates on the Application Form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.

Please accept our apologies for this delay.

IELTS Test Centre Administrator

I got the below reply couple of days ago.

We have several candidates like you. I am waiting scores from Cambridge UK. As soon as i get them i will let you know. It doesn't depend on our center. Thanks for you patience.

banana-mosaic

Sep 19, 2024
I got the Sydney Fish Market passage in part 4 as well. It was a bit tricky tbh and I took over 20 minutes to answer its 10 questions. Part 1-3 were actually very straightforward so time management was okay.

I can confirm the T/F/NG by @AlliBatista is correct. For the question regarding what attracts visitors to restaurants, the correct answer was most likely exciting recipes or the three word phrase starting with eight ... in the last paragraph. There is no strong evidence in the passage however. I went with exciting recipes in the end. Only one of my answers could have been incorrect at max, so my bet is on this one.