+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT- LMIA exempt - job offer 50 points - about to submit application >>>

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021
Hello guys,

I know this is a repeated query but and there are lots of discussions that happnend and had positive outcomes as well as negative but am in the same situation. I would like to reopen the suggestions and discussions on this scenario again.

I am working here in canada full time permanent employee with ICT - LMIA exempt work permit. I have completed my one year and by this March, my 2 years will get completed and i just received my extended work permit for the next year. At present, I have my
1) ongoing deputation letter
2) new deputation letter which states my job is extended,
3) employment confirmation letter (which states that am deputed to canada branch from 2019),
4) salary slips,
5) T4 slips,
6) ongoing reference letter with roles and responsibilities ,
7) new reference letter used for extending the work permit for another year and pretty sure that again it will be again extended from 2022 as well.
8) ongoing WP
9) Extended WP.
10) performance reviews.

But company will not provide any other offer letter apart from this due to their policies. I received my ITA and about to submit my application with these documents with LOE and i am worried whether this still will cause for rejection.

please let me know your suggestions.

Last edited:

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
I agree with @NOC98 in your offer letter you need to have the sentence after getting PR you will have a job for one year, this is kind of must as per the requirement. Below is the wording from the canada.ca IRCC site

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

below is the link for the same.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Hope this helps

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021
I agree with @NOC98 in your offer letter you need to have the sentence after getting PR you will have a job for one year, this is kind of must as per the requirement. Below is the wording from the canada.ca IRCC site

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

below is the link for the same.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Hope this helps
That's a tough one then. Generally companies won't give such letter thinking employee will resign after getting PR.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
That's a tough one then. Generally companies won't give such letter thinking employee will resign after getting PR.
I guess that’s why it’s worth 50 points. Something you need to discuss with your employer. Some applicants are able to get this phrase in just fine and were able to get PR without hiccups.

Do you need those 50 points to get ITA?

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021
I guess that’s why it’s worth 50 points. Something you need to discuss with your employer. Some applicants are able to get this phrase in just fine and were able to get PR without hiccups.

Do you need those 50 points to get ITA?
Yes, I would need those points else my scores would go low even after much experience as age factor comes in as a barrier.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
As what I’ve mentioned earlier, if you don’t have that phrase, officer’s discretion applies. So your application can go either way - your documents are accepted to constitute a valid job offer and you pass eligibility OR officer is not satisfied, removes your 50 points resulting to a score below cut off and refused your application. So completely up to you.

You can submit and check the status/comments on your app by ordering GCMS notes, so you’ll know if there’s a red flag or “review required” on your job offer.

There are also rare occasions where an officer before refusing your application will give you one more chance to provide more proof or supporting documents by issuing a procedural fairness letter.

Considering that there maybe consecutive CEC draws, will your score without the 50 points come close to the lowest cut off from the draws done last spring/summer?

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
As what I’ve mentioned earlier, if you don’t have that phrase, officer’s discretion applies. So your application can go either way - your documents are accepted to constitute a valid job offer and you pass eligibility OR officer is not satisfied, removes your 50 points resulting to a score below cut off and refused your application. So completely up to you.

You can submit and check the status/comments on your app by ordering GCMS notes, so you’ll know if there’s a red flag or “review required” on your job offer.

There are also rare occasions where an officer before refusing your application will give you one more chance to provide more proof or supporting documents by issuing a procedural fairness letter.

Considering that there maybe consecutive CEC draws, will your score without the 50 points come close to the lowest cut off from the draws done last spring/summer?
I Agree you take a chance and if your score can be in the range after deducting 50 points the decline

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021

Thank you. My CRS score is 470 now. But, by March my 2 years gets completed here.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you. My CRS score is 470 now. But, by March my 2 years gets completed here.
If you calculate your score with 2 years Canadian work experience without the job offer, does it come out as a decent score to get invited? The recent cut off on CEC was in the 450s so it might go lower in the next rounds.

Seeing the way the system counts work experience (like it rounds off to the nearest month in counting years), it is possible that you’ll be awarded with 2 years of Canadian work experience next month and get an ITA. If that happens you can accept but submit only when you officially have the 2 year experience (I.e., in March).

I have no magic ball so we don’t know how long these PNP/CEC draws will happen in the future, so the decision is completely up to you.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hello!!

I can give a feedback!
So I didn't ask my employer to write that I would still have my job 1 year after pr.

But my job ends December 2022 so does my work permit and my passport.

I received last week my gscm notes. I claimed those 50 points for arranged, valid job offer.
The agent in my gscm notes, didn't count them. My score was still above the CRS score so I didnt really need those points.

Now, I was wondering...my aor is october 10th and I should get PR within 6 months (april 2021).
Since my work permit only expires in december 2022, there is still at least 1 year to go (even If I had my PR only in december 2021). The agent didnt count my 50 points ( I am LMIA exempted).

Hope it helps....

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello!!

I can give a feedback!
So I didn't ask my employer to write that I would still have my job 1 year after pr.

But my job ends December 2022 so does my work permit and my passport.

I received last week my gscm notes. I claimed those 50 points for arranged, valid job offer.
The agent in my gscm notes, didn't count them. My score was still above the CRS score so I didnt really need those points.

Now, I was wondering...my aor is october 10th and I should get PR within 6 months (april 2021).
Since my work permit only expires in december 2022, there is still at least 1 year to go (even If I had my PR only in december 2021). The agent didnt count my 50 points ( I am LMIA exempted).

Hope it helps....
It’s great that you’re still above cut off. *whew*

I guess you don’t need those points in the first place. :)