+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I wish I never sponsored my Bf (Common law)

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Okay, I posted a quickly typed post a few moments ago regarding the financial support of three years for a spousal sponsorship. I'm a college student and so is he. For three years while I lived in Poland, he made all the money and I lived off him. I lived a good life and had fun. I worked but not to have done half the things I did. I wanted to return home and I did. After discovering all the friends and family I had I decided that this guy was not what I wanted.

He was living with my family and I dumped him. Now he lives with a friend and pays $800 rent and other things add up. He does not have a job and has called me telling me that I have the right to support him. I told him over my dead body. I'm not giving him a cent. Would he qualify for Welfare? If so how much would it be in Alberta? Can he screw me ....

Please help thanks.

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Unfortunately you are responsible for his welfare up until the three years have been completed. He does qualify for Social assistance and every cent that they will give him is money you will owe the Government...im not sure how much he will get but im pretty sure you will owe even all his health related expenses that are covered by the government whilst he is on welfare..i.e dental etc!!! So YES he can screw you up financially so you may want to talk about this in a rational and civil manner with him and figure something out. In any event good luck...

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
LindaB said:
Okay, I posted a quickly typed post a few moments ago regarding the financial support of three years for a spousal sponsorship. I'm a college student and so is he. For three years while I lived in Poland, he made all the money and I lived off him. I lived a good life and had fun. I worked but not to have done half the things I did. I wanted to return home and I did. After discovering all the friends and family I had I decided that this guy was not what I wanted.

He was living with my family and I dumped him. Now he lives with a friend and pays $800 rent and other things add up. He does not have a job and has called me telling me that I have the right to support him. I told him over my dead body. I'm not giving him a cent. Would he qualify for Welfare? If so how much would it be in Alberta? Can he screw me ....

Please help thanks.
So wait, let me get this straight. You lived off of him and used his money for three years in Poland while you were a student with no job. But then you wanted him to come to Canada to be a student and you knew he wouldn't be working, but now your pissed that you have to support him? I'm sorry but have you ever heard of returning a favour? He did good by you and now that he's out of funds for supporting you and your fun lifestyle, you want to kick him to the curb. That's pretty messed up.

Anyway if he goes on welfare you gotta pay, and quite frankly from what you wrote I believe you should. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

rado

Jun 24, 2010
ba, svk
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
aerogurl87 said:
So wait, let me get this straight. You lived off of him and used his money for three years in Poland while you were a student with no job. But then you wanted him to come to Canada to be a student and you knew he wouldn't be working, but now your pissed that you have to support him? I'm sorry but have you ever heard of returning a favour? He did good by you and now that he's out of funds for supporting you and your fun lifestyle, you want to kick him to the curb. That's pretty messed up.

Anyway if he goes on welfare you gotta pay, and quite frankly from what you wrote I believe you should. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
I agree 100% with the above mentioned.
What a silly, selfish bitch that must be. First using up a guy for 3 years, draining out his funds (cause it is so convenient) until his broke and then not willing to repay the favour.
Just a great example of how selfish and faceless many north-americans are right now. Quite the contrary to the people in Thailand, where I currently live.

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Rado,

That is really quite a racist comment. Not all North-Americans are selfish and not all Thai citizens are completely giving either. My partner and I are also currently living and working in Thailand, actually we have been for the past three years, and sorry to say we have gotten taken advantage of time and time again but we don't classify all Thais as being opportunistic, two-faced cheaters. It comes down to the individual level. It is as simple as there are good people and there are bad people everywhere in the world.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hycore said:
Rado,

That is really quite a racist comment. Not all North-Americans are selfish and not all Thai citizens are completely giving either. My partner and I are also currently living and working in Thailand, actually we have been for the past three years, and sorry to say we have gotten taken advantage of time and time again but we don't classify all Thais as being opportunistic, two-faced cheaters. It comes down to the individual level. It is as simple as there are good people and there are bad people everywhere in the world.
It's not so much the individual, as it is humanity as a whole sucking. We all do. Though some of us are more angelic than others, at the end of the day, we've all said or done things to hurt one another in one or more ways. We're all selfish and we're all racist at times.