5th march 2011
Interview........
dec 8 2010
Passport Req..
4th april 2011
VISA ISSUED...
14th april 2011
ok ,, here is my my latest predicament with my application,,,
i recieved an email on friday asking me to submit my passport , due to the fact that my background checks came in clean ,,
i got to the canadian embassy kuala lumpur this morning , at 830 am ,, and submitted my passport ,, i was asked to wait and i waited for 2 hours ,, after which i was told to go home because they want to check my passport ,,i actually saw my visa officer telling the lady at the front desk to tell me to go home ,,,
they want to check my passport if its genuine ,, and all the visas on it ,,and they will get back to me this week ,
for crying out loud ///// this same passport was given to them in december during my interview ,, and and it was returned to me in january ,, and then they told me that ,, they needed to do my background checks ,, so now ,, why when i submit again they need to check the passport ,, its very sad ,, i think my visa officer is looking for a way to deny me ,,
so he is doing all he can to find a loop hole ,, maybe its because i am a nigerian ,,
its just frustrating ,

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaka1 said:
i recieved an email on friday asking me to submit my passport , due to the fact that my background checks came in clean ,,
i got to the canadian embassy kuala lumpur this morning , at 830 am ,, and submitted my passport ,, i was asked to wait and i waited for 2 hours ,, after which i was told to go home because they want to check my passport ,,i actually saw my visa officer telling the lady at the front desk to tell me to go home ,,,
they want to check my passport if its genuine ,, and all the visas on it ,,and they will get back to me this week ,
for crying out loud ///// this same passport was given to them in december during my interview ,, and and it was returned to me in january ,, and then they told me that ,, they needed to do my background checks ,, so now ,, why when i submit again they need to check the passport ,, its very sad ,, i think my visa officer is looking for a way to deny me ,,
so he is doing all he can to find a loop hole ,, maybe its because i am a nigerian ,,
its just frustrating ,
I suspect that they are doing their job.
Many people suffer far more than this, it is all part of the process applicants have to deal with, nothing more.

M

mrsh

Hi shaka1. That sucks. I know how hard to be waiting again. But that's all we can do... Keep praying. Whatever happens, the visa will still arrive in the end...

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
shaka1 said:
its just frustrating ,
That sounds very frustrating. It amazes me how far people are made to go to live in this country. Good luck, and try to stay patient. 8)

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Dont worry too much, as long as you know its a genuine passport, then absolutely nothing to worry about. I can tell you my experience because I went through that with the Pretoria office about 6 years ago. I submitted my passport for visa issuance and after a while I inquired to find out when I could expect it back. So the VO told me that the senior officer had said my passport was fake so I was asked to submit tonz of affidavits over a two month period. After that, they didnt contact me maybe for another month so I called in and this time the VO transferred me to the senior officer who, over the phone, really tortured me. He told me he did not need a microscope to tell that my passport was fake, and that he had denied my visa and that I will be inadmissible to Canada for two years. So i got mad, and I told him that if theres anything wrong with my passport, I will hold them accountable because they had it for three months and gave me different excuses all the time as to why they were suspecting it was fake. At first it was my picture, it didnt look like me..then mysteriously my passport had two missing pages..then again instead of missing pages, it now had 2 loose pages. The next time the perforations were not aligning together and then the last time it was my threading on my passport that was no the same color. I had to send in an affidavit each time for all these accusations. So I told the officer to put all that info in writing so I can legally take this matter up. So I think he got scared so he sent back my passport with a visa in it instead. My passport wasnt fake and all these allegations were not true.

So long story short, I hope you dont go through that as well. As long as its genuine..they really cant say otherwise. Good luck!

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
Perfect said:
Dont worry too much, as long as you know its a genuine passport, then absolutely nothing to worry about. I can tell you my experience because I went through that with the Pretoria office about 6 years ago....
Wow. I stand by my previous post. Thank you everyone for your perseverance, I wish that the reactionary forces in Canada who distrust the motives of immigrants could hear these stories.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uccemebug said:
Wow. I stand by my previous post. Thank you everyone for your perseverance, I wish that the reactionary forces in Canada who distrust the motives of immigrants could hear these stories.
So many people in Canada would not believe it, in many cases they know nothing about immigration anyway.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
So many people in Canada would not believe it, in many cases they know nothing about immigration anyway.
And trying to educate them about the matter can be very frustrating...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_696_ said:
I was thinking of getting T shirts printed, but they would have to be XXXL due to the amount of information required :)

Actually, I gave up trying to educate Canadians about it..... a lonnnnnnnnng while ago

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
_696_ said:
It is daunting. For one thing, so few Canadians travel abroad (let alone live abroad) that they have no inkling what life is like outside of their suburban complaints of gasoline prices and leaky swimming pools). I once had a conversation with a lifelong resident of a staunchly conservative city .. won't say which, let's just say it rhymes with Palgary .. who told me "third world sweat shops are good for the kids in those places because it gets them off the streets."

I lived in Japan for five years, where there is no word for 'immigrant' in common currency (every visible minority is a 'foreigner' even if they're third generation and only speak Japanese) and I have to say that their immigration bureau, which reports to the ministry of justice (like the police) at the very least offers a process that's credible and can be comprehended.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
shaka1 said:
its just frustrating ,
It is because you are Nigerian. Unfortunately the Kuala Lumpur office seems to have caught on that a lot of Nigerians living in Malaysia are choosing KL over Accra as their processing office because KL is easier and faster - I wonder how long that will be true though. As well, they seem to have figured out that a lot of the Nigerians in Malaysia are there on fake student visas.
I wish you luck - my Nigerian husband will be applying through KL himself one of these days.

rodgirs

Apr 5, 2011
This is Canada, we don't base our immigratants on race. It would do you good to forget that line of thought " I'M NIGERIAN "
Our country has worked long and hard to make all people equal in the eyes of the law and even amongst it's citizens.

Government paperwork make no sence to ordinary people outside of the government offices, what they do and how they do it is a mystery period. Good luck with your future here in Canada

shaka1

Feb 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kuala lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 5th 2010
AOR Received.
july 29th 2010
Med's Request
re medicals 4th march 2011
Med's Done....
5th march 2011
Interview........
dec 8 2010
Passport Req..
4th april 2011
VISA ISSUED...
14th april 2011
well thanks for all your comments ,, i have no choice but to allow them do their job ,, since my passport is very genuine also the visa stamps on it i would not be worried anymore ,, it just took me off balance yesterday , but i have to put my faith in GOD ,,

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
rodgirs said:
This is Canada, we don't base our immigratants on race. It would do you good to forget that line of thought " I'M NIGERIAN "
Our country has worked long and hard to make all people equal in the eyes of the law and even amongst it's citizens.
CIC is not racist, though individual visa officers may be. But CIC certainly discriminates on the basis of country of origin! Look at the estimated time lines for PR processing at embassies: the gov't has openly stated that it prefers Chinese and Indian immigrants, and is less welcoming to Latin American, Caribbean, and African immigrants, and the time lines and numbers accepted support this. Accra and Nairobi have the longest wait times in the world; Beijing and New Delhi are some of the quickest.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
canadianwoman said:
CIC is not racist, though individual visa officers may be. But CIC certainly discriminates on the basis of country of origin! Look at the estimated time lines for PR processing at embassies: the gov't has openly stated that it prefers Chinese and Indian immigrants, and is less welcoming to Latin American, Caribbean, and African immigrants, and the time lines and numbers accepted support this. Accra and Nairobi have the longest wait times in the world; Beijing and New Delhi are some of the quickest.
AMEN ... true say Sista :)