+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I THINK MY VISA OFFICER IS OUT TO GET ME ,,

Champion D

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hey everyone I have no experience really when it comes to whether immigration is being bias or not but in my opinion one of the reason why it may take longer than some countries to obtain a pr visa is due to the fact that the particular country the sponsor's spouse is from has a history of fraudulent marriages.

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
I definetely get the feeling that Canada leans more towards Indians and Chineses, but that's just a feeling and I may be way off here.

My brother, a Brazilian like me, got his PR card in 6 months. He applied in land and was (still is) married to a Canadian. So I'm not sure about this Latin America thing, too.

As for the western media painting things worse than they actually are. I have to strongly disagree. Sure, Brazil is western, BUT the image Canadians have of our country is completely untrue. I lived in Canada for a while (now I'm in process to go back) and was constantly asked why I would ever wish to live there, because my country is awesome and the economy is growing. Newsflash: Brazil sucks balls, it's been like that for years and more and more I see documentaries trying to show that, no, Brazil is a growing economy. It's not, it's a broken country with broken people in a civil war and corruption within the government. The actual situation of Brazil never gets word out, not even here, many people are deceived by our own media as well. It's frustating.

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
ladyinwaiting said:
I definetely get the feeling that Canada leans more towards Indians and Chineses, but that's just a feeling and I may be way off here.

My brother, a Brazilian like me, got his PR card in 6 months. He applied in land and was (still is) married to a Canadian. So I'm not sure about this Latin America thing, too.

As for the western media painting things worse than they actually are. I have to strongly disagree. Sure, Brazil is western, BUT the image Canadians have of our country is completely untrue. I lived in Canada for a while (now I'm in process to go back) and was constantly asked why I would ever wish to live there, because my country is awesome and the economy is growing. Newsflash: Brazil sucks balls, it's been like that for years and more and more I see documentaries trying to show that, no, Brazil is a growing economy. It's not, it's a broken country with broken people in a civil war and corruption within the government. The actual situation of Brazil never gets word out, not even here, many people are deceived by our own media as well. It's frustating.
My wife speaks the same way as you do about Brazil. Maybe I am also deceived, but I do see Brazil slowly getting better everytime that I am there.

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
leroadrunner said:
My wife speaks the same way as you do about Brazil. Maybe I am also deceived, but I do see Brazil slowly getting better everytime that I am there.
I really don't see it. But maybe I'm just tired of the bullshit I have quietly swallow everyday here ;/ Can't wait to go back to Canada, my home is there, not here. :)

Btw, I see you applied for your wife, best of luck to both of you!