+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I had to move out from my house, I have a letter that confirms i am a PR in Canada, What is going to happen next to my program?

Capitol

May 4, 2024
I had been living for 2 months with my father and his family but because of a fight he kicked me out from the house, I am living now independently but im worried about what is going to happen to my application. I already have my ID, my Healthcare Card and my License, and I also have an official letter that confirms that i am a PR in Canada. Also, I intent to move out of province for a work opportunity, should I do it? What do I need to do if I moved out?

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had been living for 2 months with my father and his family but because of a fight he kicked me out from the house, I am living now independently but im worried about what is going to happen to my application. I already have my ID, my Healthcare Card and my License, and I also have an official letter that confirms that i am a PR in Canada. Also, I intent to move out of province for a work opportunity, should I do it? What do I need to do if I moved out?
Sorry to hear this.

How did you obtain your PR (under which program)? If you are already a PR...why/how are you concerned about your PR status being lost?

Capitol

May 4, 2024
I obtained because my father sponsored me, so him and i made all the process until now. Well technically i am a PR because of the letter but i havent gotten my PR card, i dont know if that is important.

Capitol

May 4, 2024
I dont know that much how the processes work here, so im worried if he can withdraw my application and send me back.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I obtained because my father sponsored me, so him and i made all the process until now. Well technically i am a PR because of the letter but i havent gotten my PR card, i dont know if that is important.
How come you have all that documents but not the pr card? How long have you been here as a PR?
What letter are you referring to? The only document confirming your PR status is either COPR or PR card. You need to restore those documents.

Capitol

May 4, 2024
It was coming soon to my father's house, but i couldnt get it yet. Yeah, COPR, that's the document i have with me. I received this document before I arrived to Canada.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
It was coming soon to my father's house, but i couldnt get it yet. Yeah, COPR, that's the document i have with me. I received this document before I arrived to Canada.
Ok. At least you have COPR. Your father has to give you your card. I'm not a lawyer but I suspect he can't withhold it from you or it can be considered as stolen. Are you an adult I suppose?
If he refuses, report it as lost or stolen. Request a new one to your own address.

Reactions: Capitol

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Regarding your question: your PR status can't be compromised, so don't worry here. I don't believe that you are bound by anything so if you feel the need to move to another province you can certainly do that.

Reactions: Capitol

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know that much how the processes work here, so im worried if he can withdraw my application and send me back.
If you have already landed, meaning you have documentation from IRCC stating that you are a PR of Canada...there's nothing that he can do.

*I actually typed this earlier....but forgot to hit send. LOL!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, thanks Ponga, that really calms me down.
You're welcome.

I do wonder if, by him being your sponsor,...he is financially responsible for your basic needs for a period of time. For a spousal sponsorship, for example, the sponsor is responsible for 3 years. Hopefully others will chime in to confirm or dispute.

Good luck to you with your new chapter of life in Canada.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Reactions: YVR123