+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I feel like to sue the Canadian Embassy and Government...

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
My spouse in an American; the application is being processed at CPP-Ottawa. He was asked for a copy of his passport last week, so hopefully it will be over soon.

The whole process was made vastly more complicated by a fine he had to pay for a misdemeanor 20 years ago (for something that is not even an infraction here). We had to go through a very convoluted 4-year process to clear that out so he would be allowed to even set foot in Canada. Then we got married and we subsequently started the immigration process.

To the original poster: you will survive this ordeal. It takes some getting used to, but distance matters little when your love is real.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
4 years fighting, while my partner is living in Mexico and therfore cant come here. Thats pain !!!!!!!

I know how you feel but your timeline is less than 1 year and at least you are together----that makes a HUGE difference.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
I agree the government should be sued for how they handle spousal sponsorship. But in your case, you can appeal and appeals usually are approved. (In fact I really wonder why they bother refusing applicants when they know most appeals are approved). So just appeal. And once everything is over then you can try to change the system for other immigrants.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
honey just focus on winning the appeal, put all ur energy on that; it's not over yet, it will b over when u reach ur goal; it must b horrifying to b refused and i'm sorry; but u still need to put urself together; it's not the end of the world
the red flags u mentioned r legit for the VO to consider; of course this does not mean that the VO is right but u just need to do a very good job explaining them like u did here and even better; same for ur husband, he might be asked more than u
as for the sponsor being outside, again they have the right to ask u for proofs of return; if they did and u did include proofs then it's their mistake; if they didn't and refused u on that, again they should have asked for proofs before; in any way, just include as much as possible for the appeal; in a way the VO is contradicting herself - ur husband would move to canada because of the better conditions and not u (as they say) but u on the other hand who already lived in canada, would continue living in a poor country so different than what u r used ??? also if u r there on a visit visa or other kind of temporary permit then they don't really have basis to put that as reason of refusal

as sad as it is so many genuine couples suffer from the scammers; so many young men took advantage of older Canadian wives just to get a better life and then the wives, lonely and lost, blamed the gouverment - why didn't the gouverment discover the scam before they were so hurt; now some VO's r so strict, this lady maybe even thinks she did to u a favor ::) (it's very hard to guess their mind)

the bad economic situation is legit too and it's not easy to prove that ur husband is leaving everything behind just for u; try to prove this in other way too: strong family connection, that he never tried any other form of immigration to canada or other before he met

when u prepare ur appeal, do study also CanLi website - search for couples in exactly same situation - Morrocan embassy, age difference, etc; think of questions they could ask u - children will probably b one of them (since it's almost like a must in his culture)

i doubt that suing would make a difference; u need lawyer, time, money, so much energy consumed and really clear proofs; maybe reporting her to a supervisor might (if other ppl did that too maybe she will get at least a warning) :(

best of luck! on the bright side ur husband is with u!!

(don't remove the topic; ur story will help someone else in the future)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mikeymyke said:
I read her previous posts, what are her red flags exactly? I would think the main reason the application was refused was because the husband didn't answer the questions well during the interview. Their relationship might be genuine and real, but I guess all it takes is a few poorly answered questions to get a refusal.
Red flags were:

- extremely short period between meeting and marriage (2 months?)
- Dani is 7 years older than her husband (unusual in his culture)
- Dani has a child from a previous relationship (unusual in his culture)
- Dani's husband has never met her child

Dani is also deaf so the VO would want to understand how she and her husband communicate.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
~*Dani*~ said:
yeah yeah.. I dont care what you guys think about me. yes I did have mentioned that I tried to hurt myself because Immigration is too much for me to handle but I am not giving up on hopes for my husband and I.

I am very lucky that I am with him in his country for almost 2 year that he is here for me, hold me, cuddle me and talk to... I know you guys didn't see wife or husband that often and waiting.

how I remove this entire topic?

Steerpike.. your right. obviously Government is behind the curtain doing puppet on Immigration and control it. They just want to make money by refusing applicants and make them pay lot of money on appeals( they know most appeals are approved).

I don't like how they handle sponsor sponsorship. it make us feel like a criminal to them and not believing us that our marriages is real, genuine. It is people's fault for abusing Government's immigration policy and find ways to get into Canada by using husband or wife for just visa then hide.

I would like to change the system for other immigrations once I win the appeal. I want it better for us. a VO should interview sponsor and applications to determine that marriage is real and have second interview to make sure.
I think we all need to act together...if we can all sue them for the incompetency, inefficiencies, unorganization, ...certainly all the emotional damages (I am sure we have lawyers among us)
I said it before this process shows to all how unfair politicians are...All they care about is their own politics and money...if you take a look at countries processing times you will realize this
Most countries with large communities have least processing times...they care about their own voters not about the country or people interest... Look at the recent history

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
scylla said:
Red flags were:

- extremely short period between meeting and marriage (2 months?)
- Dani is 7 years older than her husband (unusual in his culture)
- Dani has a child from a previous relationship (unusual in his culture)
- Dani's husband has never met her child

I believe Dani is also deaf so the VO would want to understand how she and her husband communicate.
  • they are legally married
  • they have been living together for 2 years
Thats way more than they need to successfully sponsor a spouse. This case will win on appeal based on that, even with those so called "red flags". So the only question is, why is the VO ignorant of the rules? Why is the VO destroying someones life based on "gut feelings" and silly "red flags" when the facts of the case make it very likely the case will win appeal? No wonder the system is so backlogged if the VOs can not deal quickly and efficiently with clearcut cases like this. Do they get a bonus for making things way more convoluted than they need to be?

I think too many VOs get caught up with the idea that they can use their psychic powers or their "indepth knowledge of human psychology" (few of them have any training in that field) to actually see inside of peoples hearts and judge how real and true their "love" is. Apparently most VOs are not intelligent enough to realize this is impossible. Apparently they don't realize their "gut feelings" about someone elses love is meaningless.

The facts cant tell us everything. They facts wont always be right about whether the love is true. But all we can go on is the facts and if a case meets the requirements it has to be approved. Doing otherwise is just needlessly torturing people for no reason.

Reactions: Alicee

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steerpike said:
  • they are legally married
  • they have been living together for 2 years
Thats way more than they need to successfully sponsor a spouse. This case will win on appeal based on that, even with those so called "red flags". So the only question is, why is the VO ignorant of the rules? Why is the VO destroying someones life based on "gut feelings" and silly "red flags" when the facts of the case make it very likely the case will win appeal? No won der the system is so backlogged if the VOs can not deal quickly and efficiently with clearcut cases like this.

I think too many VOs get caught up with the idea that they can use their psychic powers or their indepth knowledge of human psychology to actually see inside of peoples hearts and judge how real and true their "love" is. Apparently most VOs are not intelligent enough to realize this is impossible. Apparently they don't realize their "gut feelings" about someone elses love is meaningless.

The facts cant tell us everything. They facts wont always be right about whether the love is true. But all we can go on is the facts and if a case meets the requirements uit has to be approved. Doing aotherwise is just needlessly torturing people for no reason.
These mistakes should not be tolerated and to begin with the system needs a great overhaul for it to empower the VO to destroy peoples' life...I do not believe you should punish people with the guilt of others who abused the system. The system needs to be fixed from its foundations

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
This is likely devil speaking in me, but man how do you guys get in with such a poor level of english?

This is so pathetic at times. And yes I am likely just jealous dont take me seriously... :)

Cheer up, it will work out for you.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
~*Dani*~ said:
sheesh... I don't like it when people assuming that my husband use me for my country by moving to Canada for better conditions. that is not true. He is willing to come with me because he love me! he have strong family connection. I love his family. so what?

I promised him that we will visit his family often, of course! I already included a proof of return, a letters from my parents, my grandmother and friends that I do intend to return to Canada when visa is issued to my husband before sending it out to Stage 1 phase in Mississauga then it's approved then forwarded to Rabat. they want us to be happy, have a good future together, have a family so on. VO did make a mistake.

I don't care if I am living in a poor country. I like it, and its different. who cares? I love my husband very much and not give up on him. We do have it easy in North America and spoiled with those things that is available. people in poor country is happy with little things they have and enjoy the life and cherish it. hey... life is short and be happy!

If you like it there, then stay there. If you or your partner were speaking to VO like this, then of course you would be denied. There are always 3 sides to a story...yours...his...and the facts. In any event.....you re together. Like other posters....count your blessings ! There are many of us waiting years apart. Try to keep busy.....waiting is the hardest part !!!!!! ::)

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
refused........... :(
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
I like it here but I prefer Canada because of everything is available there. that's why I want to come to Canada with my husband, you hurt my feelings that I change the story! you made me cry.

now i am going to use caps on... YOU HURT MY FEELINGS.. THERE IS NO 3 SIDES TO A STORY. I LOVE HIS COUNTRY BUT I WANT TO COME HOME TO CANADA WITH MY HUSBAND, THAT'S WHY I INCLUDED A PROOF OF RETURN AND THE EVIDENCE THAT I DO WANT TO INTEND TO COME TO CANADA. I WILL WILL WILL NOT LEAVE MY HUSBAND.

ONCE AGAIN, GSIZE.....YOU HURT MY FEELINGS. I AM FORTUNATE THAT I HAVE MY HUSBAND BESIDE ME AND TOGETHER.

I WANT WANT WANT TO COME TO CANADA. OF COURSE.. ALL I WANT IS MY HUSBAND COME WITH ME AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE TOGETHER IN SASKATOON AND HAVE CHILDREN THAT WE DESPERATELY WANT TO HAVE.

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
I was about to feel better reading this but someone hurt my feelings that I changed the story and 3 sides of it. I do intend to come home but not leaving my husband, I want him to be with me. I love his country but I prefer Canada to settle down as a family, so on..

stop saying that I like it and stay there. no I am not going to stay here forever.. I am determined to win the appeal and move to Saskatoon and forget the Immigration Nightmare and move on with the life.

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
one more thing..... How I remove the entire topic and erase it forever?

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Dani as sad as situation may be, you need to keep a cool head on.

If couple of guys got to you on the forum and somehow managed to make you alter your story, then it only shows that you are either a) not mentally prepared for questions VOs may throw at you or b) this whole thing is not very genuine (for your own interests,I really believe it is and sure hope you are not scamming CIC).

Like previously mentioned if couple of guys managed this in 10+ posts, I can only imagine what type of confusion and response VOs got out of you on an ordinary drill. You have to stay calm and saying "I am upset, I altered my story" comes off looking very fake (just from my prespective,if I was the VO)...all I am saying, drill them with the facts back, when they drill you, dont start crying and complaining how bad life is. Some of us got it way worse, I may be separated from my spouse for a long while, but there are facts and facts is what I will present.

You need to learn working under pressure. Suing country you are trying to get your husband into, is NOT a good idea.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Actually yesterday I had searched in internet about Morocco married with foreigner.... but I don't want to give another comment in here just afraid will make you upset.... I believe your marriage is genuine but I think you should searched it in internet so you will understand why Visa Officers in Rabat must very extra careful to give a decision...