+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I feel like to sue the Canadian Embassy and Government...

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
MadeInCanada said:
Your husband never met your child? How old is your child?

If you don't mind me asking. Purely nosey on my part...
I was wondering the same thing. That is very unusual, even with immigration aside.

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Throughout the process, we must remain level-headed and do what is required to obtain a positive result. But even though I am a sponsor I will speak here as a citizen, from one of the first families to settle this part of the world, 350 years ago: No one should entertain any illusions that their foreign partners have any "right" whatsoever to be here.

As I have been told several times at the border when I had to go to the United States to visit my partner, entering a foreign country to visit or to stay is a privilege, not a right, and that privilege can either be granted or denied. Immigration officers have a lot of leeway in determining whether or not to accept an application. It is best to leave them with as few doubts as possible. They are being very careful and I fully agree with this, even though I have been waiting for 7 years for my partner to join me here. The process is long, complex and often arbitrary, and the personal feelings of the people involved about this process are not a factor and should not be.

Indeed, I have gone through all kinds of emotions in trying to get my partner here. I have been hopeful, disappointed, distraught, impatient; I had to sell my home to be able to travel regularly to see my spouse in the U.S.; all the papers we had to get; all the forms we had to fill; the letters of recommendation we needed, not to mention the fees! But I never lowered myself to accuse CIC of being under direct political influence and, in effect, of being corrupt. If you are going to drag through the mud the very organization on which you are depending to reach your life goals, you had better back it up! The state doesn't owe anyone happiness; all we can do is pull ourselves together, get informed and do our utmost to reach a positive result, no matter the hoops we have to jump through and the sacrifices we have to make.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
aerogurl87 said:
I was wondering the same thing. That is very unusual, even with immigration aside.
I know right?! I took my kids to live in Egypt with me. We were over a year there. I can't imagine leaving them behind! Although I did go for a visit(2months)and left them with my parents then. But for long term....no way in hadies would I leave them.

Oh well to each there own....

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
frankinto said:
Throughout the process, we must remain level-headed and do what is required to obtain a positive result. But even though I am a sponsor I will speak here as a citizen, from one of the first families to settle this part of the world, 350 years ago: No one should entertain any illusions that their foreign partners have any "right" whatsoever to be here.

As I have been told several times at the border when I had to go to the United States to visit my partner, entering a foreign country to visit or to stay is a privilege, not a right, and that privilege can either be granted or denied. Immigration officers have a lot of leeway in determining whether or not to accept an application. It is best to leave them with as few doubts as possible. They are being very careful and I fully agree with this, even though I have been waiting for 7 years for my partner to join me here. The process is long, complex and often arbitrary, and the personal feelings of the people involved about this process are not a factor and should not be.

Indeed, I have gone through all kinds of emotions in trying to get my partner here. I have been hopeful, disappointed, distraught, impatient; I had to sell my home to be able to travel regularly to see my spouse in the U.S.; all the papers we had to get; all the forms we had to fill; the letters of recommendation we needed, not to mention the fees! But I never lowered myself to accuse CIC of being under direct political influence and, in effect, of being corrupt. If you are going to drag through the mud the very organization on which you are depending to reach your life goals, you had better back it up! The state doesn't owe anyone happiness; all we can do is pull ourselves together, get informed and do our utmost to reach a positive result, no matter the hoops we have to jump through and the sacrifices we have to make.
Well put

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
"""No one should entertain any illusions that their foreign partners have any "right" whatsoever to be here. ""

True, however, dont we (Canadians) have the right (or privilege) to bring our partners here in a timely fashion ? sorry, but 7 years is not acceptable ! You sure have a lot of patience !!!!! ::)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gsize said:
"""No one should entertain any illusions that their foreign partners have any "right" whatsoever to be here. ""

True, however, dont we (Canadians) have the right (or privilege) to bring our partners here in a timely fashion ? sorry, but 7 years is not acceptable ! You sure have a lot of patience !!!!! ::)
You have a lot of patience too, gsize.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
scylla said:
You have a lot of patience too, gsize.
thanks. ''what wont kill you will make you stronger' Im off to meet my partner in Cuba next month. Hey, whats another $2,000.00 when it has already cost us over $30,000.00 ! 8)

Honestly-----sense of humour is so important. I know this is what helped me get through some of my darkest days !

Good luck to you and so many !!!!

Reactions: Alicee

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
gsize said:
thanks. ''what wont kill you will make you stronger' Im off to meet my partner in Cuba next month. Hey, whats another $2,000.00 when it has already cost us over $30,000.00 ! 8)

Honestly-----sense of humour is so important. I know this is what helped me get through some of my darkest days !

Good luck to you and so many !!!!
Thank you Gsize! You are a good example of patience indeed!

Reactions: Alicee

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
gsize said:

The situation was complex as my partner was inadmissible initially and we had to sort through that first - that was the hard part. But the PR application itself has been proceeding at the usual pace.

I'm not known to be a patient person LOL. But my partner is worth all of this time and grief - and it looks like I'm worth it too! Good luck to you. :)

M

mikeymyke

It scares me a lot reading stories like these, well luckily for my fiance, I told her, and she agrees with me that, even we have a strong application, if for some reason she is refused to come here, I'm more than willing to live in her home country, as crappy as that be.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry for anyone who is genuinely sad about being apart from their spouse. That's a horrible situation to be in.

But as a Canadian, I'm not sorry that there are rules and regulations about getting to be a resident of my country.

It's naive to think that there aren't occasionally MOC and of course people will protest that it's not them.

Getting hysterical and threatening suicide does not make your case.

Get your ducks in order and if all is correct, you will win in the end.

:)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
figtoria said:
Getting hysterical and threatening suicide does not make your case.

Get your ducks in order and if all is correct, you will win in the end.
That's correct.. even though I believe the word Hysterical to be sexist considering its origins, I have to say the OP is acting hysterical, as well as some responders. Responding with emotion is natural and therapeutic but doesn't bring solutions. To have solutions you need facts, and the first thing she needs is a concrete reason for denial based on notes from her file. Although inconvenient it's not a big deal - Dani's timeline was processed in a very speedy manner, and apparently her appeal hearing will happen in a timely manner as well, based on her region in Canada. We all know that she will win, given the details she provided here.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
frankinto said:

Well put. And a great attitude to have :) You need to work with the system, not against it.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frankinto said:
You did not hear the hearings....It is our right as Canadian citizens to bring in our spouses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4BbjbLtpro

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
MadeInCanada said:
I know right?! I took my kids to live in Egypt with me. We were over a year there. I can't imagine leaving them behind! Although I did go for a visit(2months)and left them with my parents then. But for long term....no way in hadies would I leave them.

Oh well to each there own....
we cannot compare with situation we don't know; maybe her child is old enough to b on his/her own (some kids can do that even at 16) or maybe her child lives with the father; and for a child who lived the whole life in Canada why would she take him/her out of school and drag him long term in a place so unknown and unfamiliar? Morocco is an amazing place to visit but not so much to live ::) (my own opinion, and i did visit it); she did what she thought to b in the best interest of the child
in any case she probably did explain this situation and if it was stated as well as reason of refusal then she needs to explain it stronger

Dani don't take ppl's comments personally; try to see how someone from outside is thinking, someone who doesn't know u personally; this will help u prepare a better appeal and get ready for any questions the lawyers will shoot at u! good luck