+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I can enter Canada using Vistor visa intead of new issued immigration visa?

summer12345

Jun 27, 2013
Hi,

Please help! I am living in USA now with h1b. I am planing to go to Canada to have my US visa renewed next week. I just got my passport from Ottawa with Canada Immigration visa stamped. My question is - can i use my previously issued Canada Visitor visa to enter Canada this time instead of the immigration visa?

Please advice!!

Thank you.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
summer12345 said:
help plssssss
I didn't understand your logic. If you are going to Canada after receiving visa and CoPR, why not just go there with it and activate your PR and at the same time do whatever you have work there and return back to USA few days later?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

summer12345 said:
Hi,

Please help! I am living in USA now with h1b. I am planing to go to Canada to have my US visa renewed next week. I just got my passport from Ottawa with Canada Immigration visa stamped. My question is - can i use my previously issued Canada Visitor visa to enter Canada this time instead of the immigration visa?

Please advice!!

Thank you.
1, As long as you have a valid TRV then inform the CBSA agent that you intend to "land" at a later date.

summer12345

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for all reply. I want to "land" at a later date with my wife. Thats why im wondering if my visitor visa will still be valid once i have an immigration visa on my passport.

Also, what documents i need to bring with me if i have to land this time?