+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many Intl. Students are now over 470 points???

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
I don't think there was an official statement regarding the ranking system from cic, but I did see it mentioned in this forum a few times.

ggatsby

Dec 14, 2016
Hey fellow international students,

I filled and transmitted the additional questions after the Nov 19 changes but I'm still not getting the 30 additional points.

Did anyone else have the same experience and were able to resolve it? I've been waiting for weeks now but my score is still the same at 466.

Alinedh

Nov 25, 2016
ggatsby said:

I filled and transmitted the additional questions after the Nov 19 changes but I'm still not getting the 30 additional points.

Did anyone else have the same experience and were able to resolve it? I've been waiting for weeks now but my score is still the same at 466.
Mine got recalculated in a day, make sure you have filled in the Designated Learning institution number correctly.

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ioftenyell said:
International student here with one year PGD. Waiting at 472. I have been in the pool since Feb 2016
Hey what visa are you on now if you had 1 year PGD?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
International student, completed 2 year masters - 548 points

Ioftenyell

Jun 29, 2016
candavisa said:
Hey what visa are you on now if you had 1 year PGD?
Work permit expired couple of weeks ago but I applied for an extension. Therefore, I am under implied status waiting to receive ITA today.

Fingers f*cking crossed

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
ggatsby said:

The answer to the second question "if half of your program in ESL....something like this" is NO. Plz make sure u haven't answered it as yes.

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ioftenyell said:
Work permit expired couple of weeks ago but I applied for an extension. Therefore, I am under implied status waiting to receive ITA today.

Fingers f*cking crossed
you applied for work permit extension? afaik pgwp can not be extended, I am in the same situation, permit expiring soon, not ita yet.

Ioftenyell

Jun 29, 2016
candavisa said:
you applied for work permit extension? afaik pgwp can not be extended, I am in the same situation, permit expiring soon, not ita yet.
Go talk to an immigration advisor. Depending on your case they will offer you an appropriate plan.

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ioftenyell said:
Go talk to an immigration advisor. Depending on your case they will offer you an appropriate plan.
Well the case is not complicated to got an immi advisor, its the simplest....1 year pg, then 1 year pgwp, sitting at 460 now, permit expiring in a month.
I want to know how the other person applied for work permit extension, OR s/he just applied to get rejected meanwhile buying the time under implied waiting for ita.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
candavisa said:
Well the case is not complicated to got an immi advisor, its the simplest....1 year pg, then 1 year pgwp, sitting at 460 now, permit expiring in a month.
I want to know how the other person applied for work permit extension, OR s/he just applied to get rejected meanwhile buying the time under implied waiting for ita.
Ok, in theory, you can apply for an extension and while they decided you can be on implied status. Of course when they check it, you are likely to be refused the extension and have to leave. However until they decide, you can stay on implied. That's why people are able to be on implied status. So many visa's have a "cannot be extended" rule, and they can't, but after you apply you have to wait for their decision. Even though their decision will be a no, you can carry on working.

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Ok, in theory, you can apply for an extension and while they decided you can be on implied status. Of course when they check it, you are likely to be refused the extension and have to leave. However until they decide, you can stay on implied. That's why people are able to be on implied status. So many visa's have a "cannot be extended" rule, and they can't, but after you apply you have to wait for their decision. Even though their decision will be a no, you can carry on working.
and after rejection still no ita than pack the bags :eek:

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candavisa said:
and after rejection still no ita than pack the bags :eek:
Yup, why wasting time talking to an "advisor", there's no plan without an ITA. You should only go with the "implied status" only you are sure you will get an ITA next draw.