+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes to get a credential id of PR portal after you're approved for PR?

Aug 15, 2024
Hello guys,
I accidentally entered my name twice while submitting P1 information because I don't have a last name. I realized this later on August 1st, after submitting P2 (Picture and address). I quickly sent an email requesting a name change and also sent a web forum. I still haven't received a response. Any suggestions on what to do? I don't want a second name on my ECOPR and PR card because my passport has just one given name, and I intend to visit my native country, thus entering Canada may be an issue.

Applied under family sponsorship.

8 July- P1 (replied on same day with my Information)
31 July- P2 ( Portal created and submitted address and photo)
15 August-Still in processing (both Photo and address)

VO MONTREAL.

vrat

Oct 2, 2018
Is P1 just the email we send with the information of yourself wether in canada , height ,weight or do we get a different portal later to add these details, also do we get ecopr after p1 or that would happen post p2 portal

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Is P1 just the email we send with the information of yourself wether in canada , height ,weight or do we get a different portal later to add these details, also do we get ecopr after p1 or that would happen post p2 portal
Hi. P1 is the email IRCC sends to you to ask for information. P2 is when they create the account for you in the PR portal and you go in and declare that you are in Canada and then you upload your photo, and give your address. Then you would get eCOPR after that

vrat

Oct 2, 2018
Is there any specific day on which P2 portal credentials are sent out, I had received P1 on July 31st haven't got anything till now.

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
We got our P1 today and have already replied. Since it's only for the principal applicant, I didn't need a lot of time to reply and cross-check the information to avoid any issues in the future.

Montreal VO

vrat

Oct 2, 2018
It take approx 22 days for P2 credentials to come after P1 and another 4 days for ecopr. Any idea on thr pr card , what is the current timeline

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
It take approx 22 days for P2 credentials to come after P1 and another 4 days for ecopr. Any idea on thr pr card , what is the current timeline
[/QUOTE

New permanent resident card
Processing time
26 days
Last updated: August 27, 2024 Updated weekly