+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long for first stage approval?

R

rathika

i send in my application on the 6th of november and cic-m recieved on the 29th of november......heard nothing from them still.... :-\

i called cic to find out she said that the day they open the file 38days from then......she said it will be some times in febuary i will hear

something from them..........does it really take that long for the first stage? some one pls tell me how long. :'( i waiting for this approval letter so

that i can book my ticket to go back and spend some time with my husband..

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Mississagua has likely been affected by the holidays, as have other visa offices. You'll hear something any day now. Though they say 38 days, around here, it's anywhere from 27-33 in most cases.

You'll get 'Decision Made' within a few days, I'm sure.

New Wife

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2010
AOR Received.
December 16, 2010
File Transfer...
September 30, 2010
Med's Done....
August 6, 2010
Do not worry. The 38 days starts from when your file was received at CIC-M and includes the time to get your letter in the mail. It is just 30 days for you right now AND remember that Government offices have been closed some week days this week, and next because the holiday's landed on the weekend. So it might take a little longer for you to hear something.

Do not panic, you are well within normal processing times. Take a deep breath, and remember the holiday's will slow things down a little. You should hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Best of luck!

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hi Rathika. :) They updated the Processing Times: Family Sponsorship page this afternoon. As of yesterday they were working on Applications they received on November 25. Christmas has slowed them down a bit, and I would guess that New Years will slow them down a little more. I'm guessing they'll get to yours sometime next week.

Good luck!

R

rathika

quakingaspen said:
Hi Rathika. :) They updated the Processing Times: Family Sponsorship page this afternoon. As of yesterday they were working on Applications they received on November 25. Christmas has slowed them down a bit, and I would guess that New Years will slow them down a little more. I'm guessing they'll get to yours sometime next week.

Good luck!

thank you for replying...........i hope next week i'll hear from them............

mijo

Oct 24, 2010
Hi Rathika,
We're both on the November thread and both of applications were received on the same day (nov 29th ) by Mississauga. According to the update it is now taking 44 days for them to process the first stage. I just wish I was able to send my application in earlier than that but oh well, we just have to wait i guess.

Keep me posted if you hear anything. Thanks

R

rathika

mijo said:
Hi Rathika,
We're both on the November thread and both of applications were received on the same day (nov 29th ) by Mississauga. According to the update it is now taking 44 days for them to process the first stage. I just wish I was able to send my application in earlier than that but oh well, we just have to wait i guess.

Keep me posted if you hear anything. Thanks

i hate this waiting.........come on its just the start but already we can't wait.........what r we going to do for the second part of the waiting oh my god.........i will keep u up to date.......good luck