+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long does it take LA to send back passports to CAnada

Ivytwiks

Jan 23, 2012
mine has been their since jan 11th 2013, just wondering anybody living in Canada and had experience with LA sending back passports with corp.. coz it seams like they are taking so long to do something that i would imagine take them less than 20mins to do..

why take this long when someone has already reached the final stage it seriously does not make sense like LA visa office needs to step up...like seriously why keep someones passport for more than a month when u know they may need it .....

inthequeue

Mar 21, 2013
Ivytwiks said:
mine has been their since jan 11th 2013, just wondering anybody living in Canada and had experience with LA sending back passports with corp.. coz it seams like they are taking so long to do something that i would imagine take them less than 20mins to do..

why take this long when someone has already reached the final stage it seriously does not make sense like LA visa office needs to step up...like seriously why keep someones passport for more than a month when u know they may need it .....
They got my passport on Feb 4. DM on Feb 26th but no passport yet. I'm in Canada so not sure if they sent it to my old US address by mistake, if the passport is lost in the mail, or if it it sitting around in LA. I have sent case specific inquiry to LA and emailed Ottawa but have not heard anything back yet. If it does not come this week, I will have to figure out how to get some information out of CIC.
Hope your passport comes soon.

Ivytwiks

Jan 23, 2012
That's so weird coz its almost a month now like seriously am even more scared now coz i got my decision made status just on the 14th march and its been a week now and am hoping it comes before Easter so i can travel....But got an email from them on 14th march saying they where sorry for delaying with my passport but hard to request for an extension of my medicals from Ottawa and stated that my passport had been sent out by mail that very day..

so am guessing your passport should be with u this week and might have been just held up by the board guys who also take their sweet time to do their job. just be patient it should be with you this week....hope you get it back soonest....

inthequeue

Mar 21, 2013
The good news is that you know where your passport is. So fingers crossed that it comes in time. I know of people who have received stuff from LA in ten days. And Belinasha's case from the LA thread also indicated that mail does not take a month to come from LA. So, hopefully, your passport will arrive soon.

I did not fully understand what you meant by "board guys" Who are they? What role do they play in the process?