+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you cope with the stress and the anxiety?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Totally agree with you! I had nightmares for 7 nights in a row! I was terrified! People were chasing me to kill me!! The same people every night! I talked to a psychiatrist and we finally found out it was because I was checking this forum and getting informed about rejections before I go to sleep! I stopped it and guess what? No nightmares anymore!
Just forget it, if you can! ;)
Got a couple of nightmares too. But mine was driving a car with no brakes :)

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Watching Adventures of Merlin on Netflix

Best series ever ;D

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading "Awaken the giant within" by Tony Robbins. He really motivated me to start working on plan B in case the whole Canada thing goes down the toilet.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Scottygirl said:
Currently working my way through ALL the series of Friends on Netflix!! ;D
Ooh, this is a brilliant idea! I should do that, too. I'll tell myself I'm being productive by practicing my English ;D

While I'm definitely stressed about a possible rejection, I'm even more stressed about a [hopefully] probable success. I mean, at least with the application process we have clear instructions and in most cases, the opportunity to correct our mistakes. Real life is not that simple, and real life in a new country is downright scary.

Also - remember when Monica and Chandler were moving in together, and Rachel moved out? Whenever I think about my Canadian plans, I keep shouting "it's the end of an era!!" in my head.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
Aragorn165 said:
As all of us on this board prepare to make this major change in our lives, I cannot help but wonder- how does everyone cope with the stress? I am, by nature, an extremely nervous person prone to anxiety- and naturally, this process gives me the jitters, especially since there are so many months when nothing happens, and I cannot do anything about the lack of movement either.

I personally cope using a lot of strategies- generally, talking to my friends and family really manages to calm me down. I sometimes distract myself by playing video games (currently finishing up Fire Emblem Fates on my 3DS). I like to watch TV (Netflix usually has something good), or read a book (right now, I'm reading The Casual Vacancy). I go for a walk and try to walk the anxiety off. If I am really nervous, helpful replies by people on this board go a long way in calming me down :)

How do you all cope with the stress and the anxiety? Let's share our techniques and strategies as we go through this stressful time in this thread.
I understand. I'm a chronic worrier too. I tend to check this forum and my email so frequently it's become obsessive. I am hoping to finally get an ITA in the next round and somehow I've deceived myself into thinking I'll be calmer afterwards. It may be a good time to do what someone has suggested: take a fast from here and the CIC site for a bit and go back to some good books or studying for my impending ACP Exam.

There is no doubt that this process is emotionally tiring but I'm confident we will sail through and hopefully it will all be worth it.

One thing I'm deciding to do now is schedule "Canada Time:" - a 15 or 30 minute window where I can worry and be frantic about all these things. Outside that window life must go on. I'll try it out and let you know.

Thanks for starting this thread.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SEX..BST MEDICINE FOR STRESS RELIEVE...

TRY MEDITATION TOO....

YOG AND BHOG R NECESSARY FOR CALMNESS

Barbarajames

Mar 1, 2023
I want to share my personal experience with you. I was facing a lot of stress at work. I was constantly worried about meeting deadlines and pleasing my boss. I was feeling so overwhelmed that I was having trouble sleeping at night. I decided to try mindfulness meditation, and it helped me. So I recommend it to you. Please give it a try. Thank you.