12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ortom said:
Well to tell you the truth, my husband has already started making fun of me. And I feel like everything I am writing is too cheesy, somewhat robotic and too long.
What is the appropriate way to write trips and outings together, should I write something in bullet form stating date and place we went or do I need to describe it? We have actually been to a lot of places together since we started dating thats why its very long.
Also, I'm printing each picture in a separate sheet so if we're putting 30 pics approx, thats 30 pages.
I used one sentence to describe each trip unless something significant happened on the trip, like our engagement or I met his father for the first time. So kinda like "In May 2011, I visited Calgary and Kelowna in Canada to see my husband. We got engaged on this trip."

We were extremely brief because we live together already - before and during processing. Burden of proof is less for us because of that and we're an American-Canadian couple.

On the other hand, some cultures need more in-depth descriptions and more pictures. A friend shared with me that is expected by NDVO for a traditional Indian wedding - how there's many different parts and the VO expects to see several pictures of each part with different family members.

There is no "right" way and no "wrong" way. It depends on you, your culture/religion/ethinic group, and what you VO expects. For that, you should visit the thread for your visa office to get a better idea.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
amikety said:
Please note that is his opinion. You should do your application as you feel comfortable.
Please note that this is HER opinion.....lol.

The need to over indulge with information is everyone's first impulse. Mine as well. Just keep in mind that the more things you send the longer it will take to have those things verified as every officer has to go through everything that you present. "Proof is proof" as a former Prime Minister once said. Legal documents are the best proof those get supported by witnessed accounts like pics or statements written by friends or family.

I'm certainly not saying don't send in 900 pages if that is what it takes to meet the requirement. Consider quality over quantity. Research what CIC would consider as "red flags" and see if or how they apply to your case.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Please note that this is HER opinion.....lol.

The need to over indulge with information is everyone's first impulse. Mine as well. Just keep in mind that the more things you send the longer it will take to have those things verified as every officer has to go through everything that you present. "Proof is proof" as a former Prime Minister once said. Legal documents are the best proof those get supported by witnessed accounts like pics or statements written by friends or family.

I'm certainly not saying don't send in 900 pages if that is what it takes to meet the requirement. Consider quality over quantity. Research what CIC would consider as "red flags" and see if or how they apply to your case.
i already have 6 suporting letters written by friends,and im thinking to get 2 more from my own friends here in Morocco,,,do they have just to writte them and sign them,with their full names and id numbers,one of my friend is an american citizen,and he talked to my wife(the sponsor)once on the phone,but he is updated with everything happening in my relationship

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Albania, and my husband is of Italian background, born in Canada. It is very common for my culture to marry older man, and a lot of uncles, aunts and relatives of mine have an age difference in their marriage. and usually up to 10 years is not even considered an age difference for us.

CanadianJeepGuy said:
What country are you from?

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I know the feeling, I took the suggestions of this forum and I'm making everything shorter, i wrote initially 3 pages for question 12 of the spouse/common-law questionnaire, but I'm going to make it shorter now, maybe 1-2 pages, simply explaining why we love/care for one another, how our cultures have a lot of similarities and expain why age doesnt matter to us (in one small paragraph). And maybe in WHITE font "None of your freaking business" lol
gamyover said:
I'm in the same situation my husband is many years older than me, and I feel the same that I have to prove I really love him. So i'm stuck here because I feel I'm writting a long story about us, and CIC is going to get bored of reading it, or not even care ;D

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ortom said:
I know the feeling, I took the suggestions of this forum and I'm making everything shorter, i wrote initially 3 pages for question 12 of the spouse/common-law questionnaire, but I'm going to make it shorter now, maybe 1-2 pages, simply explaining why we love/care for one another, how our cultures have a lot of similarities and expain why age doesnt matter to us (in one small paragraph). And maybe in WHITE font "None of your freaking business" lol
I was tempted to write "Why don't you just come for a visit. I do his laundry. End of story."

Cuz I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not doing your laundry unless I love you.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
lol its the same for me.

amikety said:
I was tempted to write "Why don't you just come for a visit. I do his laundry. End of story."

Cuz I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not doing your laundry unless I love you.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
gladiateur19 said:
i already have 6 suporting letters written by friends,and im thinking to get 2 more from my own friends here in Morocco,,,do they have just to writte them and sign them,with their full names and id numbers,one of my friend is an american citizen,and he talked to my wife(the sponsor)once on the phone,but he is updated with everything happening in my relationship
I have read that CIC can be very hard on applications from Morocco. So in this case I would send as much document evidence as I could.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I have read that CIC can be very hard on applications from Morocco. So in this case I would send as much document evidence as I could.
i know 12 friends and cousins, who were married to canadians,they all have gotten visa approved,and they even dont have half of the proofs im having,,,lol,,,so i do not worry at all about my self.
and if you read the forum,there is only a few who were refused from the canadian embassy here in Morocco,and most of them are having big age difference,more than 15 years but at the end they got the visa when they win the appeal
i know my wife since december 2008
we met first time in person on june 2009
we got married on february 2010
she came for a 3rd visit on 2011
and the 4th visit on september 2012
we have lots of pictures together,and the wedding pics,and the pictures with dozen of my family's member and cousins,uncles,,,etc etc etc
we have pages of msn,yahoo,facebook,skype,phone bills,and skype call records,text messages,,,we exange lots of gifts,she did support me financially a few times
we talk everyday,,,and i met her family and friends online and spoke to them on phone,,,
she is older than me by 8 years,,,but i have read people on here moroccan were having 20 years or even more of difference and they got the visa
i think im good with relationship proofs,,,but like you said as much as u add is better
thank you

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
gladiateur19 said:
i know 12 friends and cousins, who were married to canadians,they all have gotten visa approved,and they even dont have half of the proofs im having,,,lol,,,so i do not worry at all about my self.
and if you read the forum,there is only a few who were refused from the canadian embassy here in Morocco,and most of them are having big age difference,more than 15 years but at the end they got the visa when they win the appeal
we have lots of pictures together,and the wedding pics,and the pictures with dozen of my family's member and cousins,uncles,,,etc etc etc
we have pages of msn,yahoo,facebook,skype,phone bills,and skype call records,text messages,,,we exange lots of gifts,she did support me financially a few times
we talk everyday,,,and i met her family and friends online and spoke to them on phone,,,
she is older than me by 8 years,,,but i have read people on here moroccan were having 20 years or even more of difference and they got the visa
i think im good with relationship proofs,,,but like you said as much as u add is better
thank you
I'm not an immigration officer but that sounds pretty good to me.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I'm not an immigration officer but that sounds pretty good to me.
lol plus post card sent to her and emails between me and her mom and her friends,plus supporting letters from friends and family,,,,lol,,,yes it does sounds good
thank you

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Actually someone I know, moroccan, got married to a Canadian older than her, marriage arranged by her sister who was married to her soon to be-husbands father (makes sense?), who was also much older than her sister. They both got canadian pr and eventually citizenship, however both of them divorced. She separated a few months after coming to canada, so their marriage wasnt really legit. And her sister divorced the father of her husband shortly afterwards. So cases like this are what make the rest of the legit relationships suffer. I'm not saying cases from morocco=fraud. I'm saying that they might overlook the age as I know that muslim cultures have no issue with age in general, so cic has to accept that, the problem however arises when the culture is different.

gladiateur19 said:
thank you

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
ortom said:
Actually someone I know, moroccan, got married to a Canadian older than her, marriage arranged by her sister who was married to her soon to be-husbands father (makes sense?), who was also much older than her sister. They both got canadian pr and eventually citizenship, however both of them divorced. She separated a few months after coming to canada, so their marriage wasnt really legit. And her sister divorced the father of her husband shortly afterwards. So cases like this are what make the rest of the legit relationships suffer. I'm not saying cases from morocco=fraud. I'm saying that they might overlook the age as I know that muslim cultures have no issue with age in general, so cic has to accept that, the problem however arises when the culture is different.
My understanding of age difference in Muslim culture is that it is not common. That is why it is a red flag to IO's.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I am not muslim myself, so I cannot speak for sure. But as far as I know, it is very common. Several people (women) that I have worked with in the past, were married to men at least 10 years older, I asked if that was common for them and they said it is acceptable and it happens often. I don't think it should be a red flag, like I said the person that I mentioned in the previous comment was much younger than her husband and same with her sister and they are muslim, their cases were approved and someone that I worked with, her husband sponsored her to come here (arranged marriage) and I remember her saying that he doesnt like the gifts she gets for him because he is 10 years older than her (different generation she meant).

CanadianJeepGuy said:
My understanding of age difference in Muslim culture is that it is not common. That is why it is a red flag to IO's.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
amikety said:

lol that was really good ;D, I think you are right about that