+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How am I supposed to get a PR at my CRS?

berno01

Jun 10, 2023
Title says all, Been very frustrated.

I have a CRS score of 411.

Came here when I was 17, Completed 2 year studies, Graduated 2020, Covid happened and only got a NOC A/B job in July 2021 when NOC was a thing before Tiers. Going to complete my 2years this july. Completed IELTS and Scored 8 across the board.

My work permit is going to expire soon, what am I supposed to do? I work for a Bank.

My application has been in the pool since August 2022.

Any advice would be appreciated

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Which province? Have you explored your PNP options ? French?
TBH 2 years study is actually less after high school. A 3-4 years degree would have benefitted. Have you thought about post grad ? Not just it will boost your score but also offer better employment, and buy you time - your window is closing fast as i understand. Btw, you can extend your work permit if its expiring this year. Work towards getting a PNP in your extended time.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Came here when I was 17, Completed 2 year studies, Graduated 2020, Covid happened and only got a NOC A/B job in July 2021 when NOC was a thing before Tiers. Going to complete my 2years this july. Completed IELTS and Scored 8 across the board.

My work permit is going to expire soon, what am I supposed to do? I work for a Bank.

The fact you don't have a degree is certainly bringing your score down and putting you at a big disadvantage which is going to make getting PR a lot more difficult. Some options below. You may need to do more than one of these to be selected for PR:

- Learn French and take the French language test to increase your score.
- Return to school either in Canada on a study permit or in your home country and get a degree. Note that if you complete further studies in Canada you will not qualify for another PGWP.
- Secure a job where your employer is willing to get an approved LMIA so that you can claim arranged employment points. Note that the banks will not go through this process so you would need to find another employer.
- Look into the PNP programs of the province you're in and also consider other provinces. Note that the banks are not willing to complete the employer forms that are required for many PNP programs so you may have to switch employers. Also note that a number of these programs require you to have a degree so pay attention to the education requirements.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Think about the following options:
1. PNP
2. Next degree?
3. French language
4. LMIA
5. C11
6. Startup-visa

Immigration is a long-long game once you really start thinking about it seriously. I don't know how you are just realising that your score is too low, but now that you know, think about what is it that you are willing to do to make it happen. There are routes that won't ever close.

I honestly can't relate to your frustration. I don't who it is directed towards and why? Maybe you are too young to calculate and understand that your scores were always going to fall short. But now that you know better, start aggressively taking steps because your time is running out.

Reactions: vkamath

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022

By my guess you are still below 25. You have a great shot by learning french and getting a job which can help you with PNP. I got a shot at PNP after being in the pool for more than 6 years. I started when 30 years.

• Wow
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay