+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, I Think I'm Screwed

Jonoscc

May 13, 2014
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well you'd never guess what happened... I crossed the border with my family in the mini-van and told the absolute truth. They let my wife come in and they gave her a six month visitor pass and told her to call and renew it because she'll need more time. My kids were fine of course like you said. I filled out the B4 form paperwork and got it all stamped so I just had to go back into the states to pick up my Uhual truck with all the stuff. No worries, no problems.

Moral of the story... tell the truth. two people in front of me had lied and were getting in big trouble for minor lies. Thanks for all the help guys. Now to fill out the mounds of paperwork for sponsorship and immigration.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
civic said:
Your wife and children come to Canada via airplane as visitors first. And you drive the truck to cross the land border as a returning Canadian. Once everyone is in Canada you file sponsorship
Inland or out-land application? Inland applicant will have implied status so that CBSA will not be bothered to remove the applicant while application is in process. Is that correct?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Hasan9999 said:
Inland or out-land application? Inland applicant will have implied status so that CBSA will not be bothered to remove the applicant while application is in process. Is that correct?
as a us applicant, it's advised the OP applies OUTLAND. To answer your question, yes, i believe inland applicants have implied status while the application is in process. This really has nothing to do with this thread, as there are others that discuss this at length.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jonoscc said:
Well you'd never guess what happened... I crossed the border with my family in the mini-van and told the absolute truth. They let my wife come in and they gave her a six month visitor pass and told her to call and renew it because she'll need more time. My kids were fine of course like you said. I filled out the B4 form paperwork and got it all stamped so I just had to go back into the states to pick up my Uhual truck with all the stuff. No worries, no problems.

Moral of the story... tell the truth. two people in front of me had lied and were getting in big trouble for minor lies. Thanks for all the help guys. Now to fill out the mounds of paperwork for sponsorship and immigration.
Congratulations! Great news indeed - I was wondering how your trip was going! Good luck with the paperwork. Remember to extend your wife's visit at least 30 days before the end of her pass. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasan9999 said:
No, that is not correct. The Inland applicant does not have implied status, just by submitting an Inland application. The applicant must also apply to extend their status (OWP, study permit, or visitor extension) before their status expires to have implied status.

Having said that, there have been some here that believe that CBSA doesn't really bother an Inland applicant prior to AIP. If they don't receive AIP, they will likely be bothered!