Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
an out right lie by the agent as I had to send a copy of my divorce with the application

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
Does anyone know of a Toronto Immigration Lawyer in Toronto? Someone great!?!
Mtr. Donald Grennbaum

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Hi all,
Firstly, Galano- I'm so sorry to hear this news for you :( I've been following your story since I joined and I feel so upset for you. Sending postive thoughts that this can be sorted soon.
Secondly, I have 2 questions:
1- My papers are in order for me to get married in cuba now. However I was just reading that it was very important that your birth certificate and passport names match exactly for marriage. I have 2 middle names, and my passport only shows 1 middle name. Has anyone in the past been married where a middle name was missing from a document? I doubt there is really time for me to get another paper saying I'm the same person...but would be worth a shot if it meant being denied. I could see if my first or last name were different...but I'm hoping this isn't a problem. Have any of you been denied for this? Or any of you have the experience that this is fine?
2- At one point I read through all 314 pages of this forum and have learned a lot (thank you all!) Anyway, someone once posted a perfect list of what exactly one would need from their cuban spouse when applying as a sponsor. I could have swore I saved it...but cant find it now. At this moment I have just re read through pages 250-314 and its not there. Do any of you remember posting that list and if so could you please repost!
Thanks in advance and enjoy the long weekend :D

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thank u It has been extremely difficult to understand their reasons for denial but at this point the only thing left is the appeal. Now to your question regarding birth certificate. It must be the long version not the card that you take to Cuba It must be stamped by Foreign Affairs office as well and have a certified Spanish translation. You must also have a notorized letter stating you are single. and have that translated to Spanish. The passport was only looked at to see my photo and that it was still valid. I suppose if you have concerns you could have an an affidavit is a written sworn statement of fact voluntarily made by an affiant or deponent under an oath or affirmation administered by a person authorized to do so by law. Such statement is witnessed as to the authenticity of the affiant's signature by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public or commissioner of oaths. In my case my divorce certificate was issued in my married name and there was a spelling mistake on my first name. I had changed my name back to my maiden name after the divorce and that was what matched my passport and birth certificate. The Cuban notary public that marries you in Cuba had an issue with the difference of the spelling on the divorce papers and refused to approve that day. I was so upset as I had sent copies of everything to Cuba to the marriage coordinator and she had shown this to the Notary and she had approved the copies. When I got back to the Resort I explained that it was an error on the lawyers part now deceased and showed her my Credit card. drivers licence and passport. She called the Notary in Cuba and explained why there was a difference. So I would recommend that you have an affidavit.

To your second questions I recommend you look at the manual on sponsorship on the CIC website as it gives you the required information I would read it a couple of times and follow it carefully. This is the best way to know that you are following CIC rules as lists on here may be out dated.

Congraulations on your upcoming marriage and everyone on here is usually happy to answer your questions.

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Little castle said:
Hi all,
Firstly, Galano- I'm so sorry to hear this news for you :( I've been following your story since I joined and I feel so upset for you. Sending postive thoughts that this can be sorted soon.
1- My papers are in order for me to get married in cuba now. However I was just reading that it was very important that your birth certificate and passport names match exactly for marriage. I have 2 middle names, and my passport only shows 1 middle name. Has anyone in the past been married where a middle name was missing from a document? I doubt there is really time for me to get another paper saying I'm the same person...but would be worth a shot if it meant being denied. I could see if my first or last name were different...but I'm hoping this isn't a problem. Have any of you been denied for this? Or any of you have the experience that this is fine?
2- At one point I read through all 314 pages of this forum and have learned a lot (thank you all!) Anyway, someone once posted a perfect list of what exactly one would need from their cuban spouse when applying as a sponsor. I could have swore I saved it...but cant find it now. At this moment I have just re read through pages 250-314 and its not there. Do any of you remember posting that list and if so could you please repost!
Thanks in advance and enjoy the long weekend :D
Little castle said:
Hi all,

Hello!

My birth cert. and Canadian passport my first initial of my name were different (how Spanish people spell a name)

In my declaration of single status I was told by (Cuban consulate in Toronto) that I can include an affidavit of same person. My lawyer included a line stating FIRST NAME & FIRST DIFFERENT LAST NAME are the same person.

This was accepted by the consulate. DO NOT get a separate affidavit done- instead get your other one redone because to legalize a document by the Cuban consulate (your name affidavit) would be an additional $175 here and when you go down to get married- they will charge you again "legalization" of that extra document.

Best to pay the $25 to get the renotarization completed and I'm sure your translation person can adjust previous translation.

PM if you have any additional questions

Shane007

Mar 2, 2016
Re: Havana, Cuba

Does anyone know if the contact information for Medical check up in Havana has changed?
My sister in law has been trying to call for the last 5 weeks every friday and no one seems to respond..

Hospital Docente Dr. Enrique Cabrera (Hospital Nacional)
Address: Calzada de Aldabo No 1117,
Esq E Altahabana,
Boyeros,
Telephone: (537) 647 1178

Did anyone get through?

Thnx

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My husband made his apt in Feb and he made several calls before getting the correct number . The number is 53-7-643-5600 EXT 5690. You can only make appts on Friday he started calling at 9am.

Shane007

Mar 2, 2016
Galano1213 said:
My husband made his apt in Feb and he made several calls before getting the correct number . The number is 53-7-643-5600 EXT 5690. You can only make appts on Friday he started calling at 9am.
Thank You.

Shane007

Mar 2, 2016
What is the process when we arrive in Toronto airport?
What can we expect?

Do i fill the regular customs card?? Can someone please provide their experience.

Thnx

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Hello!!! I submitted my application to CIC- Mississauga and it was received by them Feb 23. I received that attached email this Thursday. Anyone on here receive a email like this? I'm guessing it is a new process to acknowledge the receipt of your application?

*****************************************************************************************

UCI: 11111111
Application No.: F00000000
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXZX,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/02/23 on behalf of the following member(s)

XxxHUBBYXXXXX

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Most people receive this email with your file number on it F00-------- and your UCI number. These are the numbers you can use to log into ECAS or when you call CIC for info

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Thank you Galano and pastrj for your response and advice! And congrats pastrj on getting your sponsorship application in, wishing all the best for you!

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Shane007 said:
What is the process when we arrive in Toronto airport?
What can we expect?

Do i fill the regular customs card?? Can someone please provide their experience.

Thnx
Hi Shane,

You can include your spouse on your customs card as you will be at the same address. Leave the visitor or resident box blank and each sign the bottom. You will have to speak to the first customs agent when you get there and tell them what's happening and then they will send you into another room with different customs agents. That agent will ask your spouse a bunch of questions and ask them what they are bringing into Canada, etc. and then they will give you a landing paper and send you on your way. Keep the paper that they give you as it is proof of residence until you get your wife gets her resident card (a few months). They can issue a SIN number at that desk as well if it is a business day, otherwise you will have to take the landing paper to a government office and get a SIN there.

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
Finally my wife got called to the interview on April 14. We applied on Feb 9, 2015, file transferred on June 9. I hope she gets her visa on time because I already purchased airplane tickets for April 29. We got another criminal record to avoid the delay and the medical expires on April 28

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Congrats Amargo,
I hope she receives her visa on the interview day! Were you aware that you were waiting for a interview? I'm asking because we are still waiting and still no mention of an interview.