+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had dinner with a friend from she works for Immigration Canada

NANKA

Jun 26, 2010
Hi!
thanks so much for your advise! Yes, I include with my application proof that I will go back to Canada: lease agreement and job offer, that I really have and I gave them the approximate time. I hope that all documentation will help to get visa faster and not to be called for the interview. In the worst case, is it possible to appeal?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you can appeal. If they refuse the visa, they send you info about how to appeal and the appeal form. You then have 30 days to send it in, telling them you want to appeal. Then you wait. It can take a year or more for the appeal to be heard.

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey iarblue,
you have provided with very imp and valuable info to us all who have had these and a lot many other questions in mind ever since the immi process started in our lives..... its like this entire process makes the rest of things immaterial and come at a stand still in our lives... i experience this and i m sure most of you would also be feeling similar things.....

i have read all hte info that you gave and yes it makes a lot of sense and throws light on a number of aspects of this process. however, 1 thing that came to my mind was... the back ground check which is suppose to be taking hte max time during this entire process, what and how do they go about doing the BC. i know that its out sourced by the embassy but if you see, there are lot of cases where the entire process gets over in 2-3 months while some cases take longer than 1 year. which is really lonnggggg. if you could perhaps throw some light on this aspect, would be nice .....

having asked this, i do understand that people who have resided in more number of countries for more than 6 months and have had to provide that many more PCC will definitely take more time.. but i was just wondering if and how do they carry out BC and why would it cause so much of delay in giving the visa.

would be nice to know this part of the process to have a better insight...

thank u.

NANKA

Jun 26, 2010
To canadianwoman: thank you so much fror your reply....i hope that everything should be fine, specially me and my husband are not young and we don't have dependant children. But who knows?.....

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
canadianwoman said:
I have seen cases where a field investigation was done. The visa office sent people to the applicant's home or village to verify things.
The ones I remember: one in China where they sent people to the applicant's house to see who she was living with, because they suspected she was still living with her first husband.
One in Vietnam: they sent people to talk to the applicant's brother, who was living in her parent's house.
Several in India: they sent people to the village where the wedding took place to see if the celebration was real.
One in Canada: they went to the apartment where the applicant and sponsor were supposedly living together, to check that they were actually sleeping in the same bedroom.

Thanks for the information, iarblue! Keep in contact with her and keep pumping her for info for us.
Canadianwoman: WHere do you read these cases? You are an encyclopedia!!

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Excellent and interesting thread IARBLUE.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
toby said:
Canadianwoman: WHere do you read these cases? You are an encyclopedia!!
I've been reading sponsorship appeal cases on CanLII. You can read all sorts of law cases there.
http://www.canlii.org/
Just type marriage+of+convenience into the search engine, or spousal+sponsorship, and you'll get hundreds of cases. It's the only place I've seen where you can find out what other people's CAIPS notes say, and find out why other people's PR applications were refused. It makes for hair-raising reading sometimes: I've seen cases that were refused where you have to wonder if the visa officer was using drugs - one woman's PR application was refused even though she and her husband had been married for 14 years and they had 5 children; another one where the husband's application was refused several times, even though they'd been married 18 years and had a child.

B

boyee6576

then in those cases, where they were married for years and had kids, what more does that visa officer want? what more proof of having a life together can they possibly have. It just blows my mind.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Most of the aponsorship appeal cases are more run-of-the-mill. Often, you can see why the visa officer rejected them. The applicants frequently didn't include enough evidence. Then, when they present more evidence at the appeal hearing, the appeal is allowed. Others really do seem to be fake marriages. There are only a few where you have to wonder how the visa officer could have rejected the application. Nobody is going to have 5 kids just to make a fake marriage look real. (One, maybe.) Nobody is going to pretend to be married for 18 years just to enter Canada. Both these cases were allowed on appeal, by the way. Eventually.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
iarblue said:
Yeah i cant understand why they care if your going to return if you dont its only you that looses out right.
The problem is that there are people who become Canadian citizens (or maybe just PRs) for convenience. They have absolutely no loyalty to Canada and no intentions of living in Canada. They have multiple citizenships, but use their Canadian citizenship to force the Cdn govt. to get them out of sticky situations. There was a case a couple of years ago where a number of non-resident Canadians were "rescued" from a Middle Eastern resort by the Canadian Armed Forces at great expense to Canadian taxpayers. Obviously, this sort of thing is not very popular with taxpayers and CIC has to do what it can to minimize such situations.

Read this: $94M for Lebanon rescue, but Canadian evacuee grateful

shikha99

Star Member
May 24, 2010
hi, good information. thanks. i know i had a question i had to send back regarding wut i did in past 10 years? so i filled and sent, would that make a difference? or take longer if they find info in their?

I

iarblue

MR.Canada yes the back ground checks are out sourced and it just seems to be the visa office you are with,Some visa offices seem to send it out and it takes months to return,and they cant say it is because of volume as Delhi has the largest rate of apps and are the fastest at doing it.
So other than the company they send it to and how they proceed with it i guess.So companies might do a whole dance and ritual to get the BG checks and others may just get it done,i mean there is no big way for them to check your back ground after you have sent police and FBI but there is interpol too which i think is where they are getting longer.

I

iarblue

One other thing i would like to add is that she also said if you went to an appeal, the IO,s look at this as a big effort in proving you are in love,as she said nobody that wasnt would not wait for the appeal process,or it was unlikely.
And how much effort you put into the app is a good indictation you are doing this honestly.If you just throw your app together and send it in without doing much homework on it ,it will show.If they have to ask you repeatedly for forms,it is likely you did the app quickly for some reason,people who really want a good outcome will put the effort into it.
If you read a few peoples responses and quotes like for example,Heatherusa,canadian woman,and a few others they wrote essays with their app to explain most of the stuff they added to their apps,thats effort.They read,and reread the apps,photo copied their apps,for future reference.
So most people dont usually go past the process times and if you did it was likely because they had to ask you for more info,new police certs,new medicals,interview.And this does not mean that all cases are the same but ,if you were told a decision was made and it seems really quick like quicker than anyones elses it is likely a refusal,but like i said this is not for everyones case,but she did say that it would be very unlikely they would have your app done in less than 3 months.

B

boyee6576

when we got our kit for the redo's the letter also said to send in photo copies of his passport and empty pages. Is that for the security check? I thought they would want his passport for that?

I

iarblue

I think some visa offices kinda try not taking your passport until they are going to put the visa in it,incase you need it for travel and such,so yes i would imagine thats exactly what its for.