+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had dinner with a friend from she works for Immigration Canada

I

iarblue

Oh your welcome this whole process is stressful enough without knowing anything,and sitting there wondering why they have not said anything after you did what they asked you to do.I think if there was more updates in the system,like telling you that they have recieved stuff you have sent that they requested,would ease a lot of burden on everyone,and if they did update they would not get as many emails from people asking.
Or just at least do monthly updates for appeals to tell you how your app is going if your appeal is processing,if they need some form and are going to send you a letter requesting it,you would know before the letter came and would already be out doing what they asked before the letter got to you to ask for it.
I think regular updates would just improve a lot.

And on page 2 of the sponsorship questionaire it lists exactly what they would consider proof to show you will be moving back to Canada.(just for reference to Xyrus).

djmonay

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for sharing iarblue :D could you tell us more ? :D

B

boyee6576

Yes you got any more pearls of wisdom iarblue?
So I guess when they say you have 60 days to send in the information to the office they dont open up your file until the 6o days are up?

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
boyee6576 said:
So I guess when they say you have 60 days to send in the information to the office they dont open up your file until the 6o days are up?
I think that's true... and I think that if the information is still missing then, they either put it away for another 60 days or process without the missing info.

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
Why wouldn't a sponsor go back to Canada once PR has been granted? I live in Uruguay with my DH and have been here for the past 5 years -- we have 2 kids together.. and obviously because we ARE A FAMILY I am not going to split us up while waiting for his papers to go through...

do ppl actually NOT go back after applying to be a sponsor? What the heck would I do in UY alone???
I am only here because of him!!!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The visa officer might be suspicious that the marriage is jost a marriage of convenience designed to help get the applicant in to Canada. If the sponsor is not going back to Canada, then certainly the only reason for the marriage is to get the spplicant in to the country.

Sometimes the sponsor may have close ties to the country he/she is waiting in, even though a Canadian citizen. The visa officer will expect more proof from this type of sponsor. Basically, the visa officer looks at the situation and makes a judgment call. For example, a Canadian citizen got in to Canada as a sponsored spouse and then became a citizen, but was born and raised in Pakistan. Then she gets divorced. Once she is a citizen, she is free to sponsor her new spouse from Pakistan and to go there to live with her spouse while waiting for his PR visa. But the visa officer may well be suspicious that she doesn't really plan to go back to Canada.
Contrast this with a Canadian citizen who was born and raised in Canada, but who after long delays decides to go and wait in her husband's country for her husband's PR visa. In all likelihood, the visa officer in the first situation is going to require more evidence that the wife is going to reestablish herself in Canada than will the visa officer looking at the second application.

eh??

Apr 17, 2010
OK I have close ties both in Canada and the country I am staying in with my husband(more back home). I was just refused on the basis being discussed that the officer doesn't believe that I will return with my husband. This was the only reason given. I provided TONS of proof including a house in Canada! I explained our plans in detail and letters of proof reconfirming our plans by members of our community who know our family well.

Why would they seperate a Family?? I now have to decide fight it out here explaining why we are waiting together or leave fully aware that my husband will miss out on some important times in our lives! Genuine intent is being used against us it seems. I don't think a marriage of convenience is an issue with people who have years of being together and may even have kids together. It sounds absurd! It feels like a test and in our case we weren't even given the opportunity to prove more. We were flat out rejected :(

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
Why would they seperate a Family?? I now have to decide fight it out here explaining why we are waiting together or leave fully aware that my husband will miss out on some important times in our lives! Genuine intent is being used against us it seems. I don't think a marriage of convenience is an issue with people who have years of being together and may even have kids together. It sounds absurd! It feels like a test and in our case we weren't even given the opportunity to prove more. We were flat out rejected :(
[/quote]

really? you have kids and a family? and they refused you.. oh man.. that is not good news for me.. I am waiting for my decision made letter...

eh??

Apr 17, 2010
No not yet, but we are expecting now (found out the same day as the letter)! I either leave now and husband misses out (really long process for us) or I wait here and a try again. I can appeal explaining we are a family unit and was ever since we committed to one another (specific date given). waiting to hear from rep. now.

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
I know exactly how it feels!!! Its painful! My wife's been in Toronto since Jan '10 >> thats the time our application got rejected! We've applied in May! Will keep u posted!

I

iarblue

Not nessessarily if they do give you 60 days to get it in that means like it says in letters they send to you.If you do not have the required info to us by the 60 days we will then assume you do not want to go through with the application.But i was told they usually give a revisit date of 3 weeks max.
But like i said it gets so crazy as when you send in the info and they see that it is there it really depends on what it is.If its a medical then they have to request the results,if its a police report even though you sent one in earlier and it expired so they ask you for another the new one goes through the same channels as the first one.

Impatient Queen someone here posted a great thread not long ago about info they would ask on an interview just look back into the threads it says questions asked in an interview.

I

iarblue

Yeah i cant understand why they care if your going to return if you dont its only you that looses out right.And they give you the dumbest stuff to put down as a reason you would return.A house can be sold,a lease can be broken,a job can be quit or dissolved,a bank account can be closed so why they tell you that these would be beyond me.
Then you give them this then they refuse you ???????????????????????????????????

prasu

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/4/2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
11/5/2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28/5/2010
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
17/3/2010
Passport Req..
2/6/2010
VISA ISSUED...
9th july 2010
LANDED..........
21st july 2010
No medical redo, No documents were asked for, except passport. how long will they take to finalize?