N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
shyli said:
I also called AINP today as it has already been more than 60 working days since I received my file number. Lady at other end gave pre-formatted reply saying that now it may take more than 5 months as against 40-60 working days mentioned in their mail which came alonmg with file number.

Ell.Bee said:
I called up the AINP office twice in the last two weeks and they said there is no work flow or tracking system out there which they follow for the nomination process. And all is manual.

Another thing I was told is, they will not commit or reveal any information about any pending AINP case, unless the case has passed the timeline mentioned on the site. As a courtesy they gave me some rough estimate of July/August for nomination based on the receipt of application. They did not even bother to ask for my file number for giving me the answer.

I thought this might be based on the nature and mood of the person who calls the office, but then it was the same reply I got at both the times.
So that reconciles with the timeline that I was told. Applications sent in Feb/March should get around July/Aug. 5 months from the file number.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
So where do you stand Mr Governor ? Do you dare to publish the true status of your immigration processs?
I doubt anyone will ever beleive even if you are telling the truth.

Albertagoverner said:
Ell.Bee said:
Mike053 said:
Ell.Bee said:
Albertadude said:
I guess all applicants who got file number in March can expect nomination between mid July and beginning August.
That is what I was told. For those who got the file number on March 19th should get the nomination decission by July/August. If we do not hear by August then we should contact them to find out why. The July/August timeline is on the higher side, it might happen before that. And they told me this based on the date of application and date the file number was received.
So, for 1 month gap issuing of file numbers there is 3 month gap of issuance of decisions. People who got file numbers in April, should expect decision in November and May file numbers expect in feb'10.......and maybe that gap increases with time.
I think the rate at which the applications flow in went up exponentially in the recent times. And keep in mind one more thing. The ones who got the file number on March 19 are the old pre-assesment process.

Not sure though, are the ones from April also from the old pre-assement process ? That could be the possible difference in the huge timeline. This statement about the April file numbers is not confirmed with AINP, it just my opinion.
They didn't expected that suddenly 1500-2000 applications will bombarded at AINP office. While they sent the file nos. with 40-60 days timeline, back then, only around 900-1000 appliactions were in process. That's why they had to itch thier abdomen. Even they were planning to organize a session in Houston TX and they had to cancel it because they knew that no need to organize that session. H1B Community is fully aware that Alberta has rescue for thier immigration issues.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
When you say "got file number in March" - is this the date we received the email from AINP giving us the number or the date they mention that the file was received for processing by them? In my case AINP mentions that file was received in Feb xx and I got the email in March more than a month after that.

Ell.Bee said:
Albertadude said:
I guess all applicants who got file number in March can expect nomination between mid July and beginning August.
That is what I was told. For those who got the file number on March 19th should get the nomination decission by July/August. If we do not hear by August then we should contact them to find out why. The July/August timeline is on the higher side, it might happen before that. And they told me this based on the date of application and date the file number was received.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
It is difficult to generalise what is going to happen next and predict timelines based on the file numbers and apps reciept date for nomination certificate.

We have some december applicants waiting and people with around 5XX file numbers waiting then out of no where a lucky fellow comes and says he got nomination with file number 6xx.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I'm just predicting based on what candidates are reporting on forums.But I have a strong belief that people who had sent application in jan and feb should have thier certificates in hand by June end or at the max Aug end.

I don't think they are following a sequential order based on file numbers ..may be they have used the application receipt date.

AINP got my app on 27th JAN ,then on 24th APRIL THEY SAID WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR FILE ON MARCH 9 and gave me some 11XX file number.

But is looks like SUN WILL SHINE ONE DAY !!

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
engg,
Jan 27 to Apr 24 in your case is the "pre-assessment" stage. After that, your file was sent to AINP for processing. AINP enter you application into their system and generate a file number. This is not my imagination, it is what I was told when I corresponded with Alberta Immigration.

Now what is not clear to me is: when does the 4 month processing time start? on Apr 24 or Mar 9, in your case... I dont think any of us have that answer.

engg said:
I'm just predicting based on what candidates are reporting on forums.But I have a strong belief that people who had sent application in jan and feb should have thier certificates in hand by June end or at the max Aug end.

I don't think they are following a sequential order based on file numbers ..may be they have used the application receipt date.

AINP got my app on 27th JAN ,then on 24th APRIL THEY SAID WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR FILE ON MARCH 9 and gave me some 11XX file number.

But is looks like SUN WILL SHINE ONE DAY !!

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Manny,just to let you know I'm already pre-assessed in december.I got invite to apply in december and I had sent my application in jan.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Also,to me in the email they mentioned that it will take 8 months.Dunno if it starts from the month they have sent file number OR
they say they received file OR the actual file delivery date that we guys tracked online.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I know. In my opinion, AINP did give file number preference to pre-assessment folks for a specific time period until mid-Jan. I realize this as my forms (under new process) reached them end-Dec but I was given file number only after they gave numbers to pre-assessment folks who sent forms in the time period I mention above. You were probably marginally late in sending your forms and thus got held up with the new process folks. And thus the delay. This is my opinion and I may be wrong.

engg said:
Manny,just to let you know I'm already pre-assessed in december.I got invite to apply in december and I had sent my application in jan.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
That is correct, when the gals talked to me, they asked me the date when I sent the application and date when I got the file number. And when I gave the date I got the file number, they were like .. "If you got your file number on 19th March, the decission for your case should be made by July/August. If you dont hear till end of August then you can contact us and we can look for details of what caused the delay"

IMO they are processing the applications in batches and that is why people are receiving application in batches. And when you contact them, they ask you for the date you got the file number. So looks like they have some timeline associated with the batch they are working on. Just my thought here.

Manny said:
When you say "got file number in March" - is this the date we received the email from AINP giving us the number or the date they mention that the file was received for processing by them? In my case AINP mentions that file was received in Feb xx and I got the email in March more than a month after that.

Ell.Bee said:
Albertadude said:

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
I talked to them about this and asked them if they are picking applications based on NOC codes and the reply was no. They said if the NOC code is on the list, then the application will be considered, but they will not keep anyone hanging, they will atleast communicate with a denial. One good thing to hear was that as of now there is not much denial based on NOC, there were some based on the applicants profile.

engg said:
It is difficult to generalise what is going to happen next and predict timelines based on the file numbers and apps reciept date for nomination certificate.

We have some december applicants waiting and people with around 5XX file numbers waiting then out of no where a lucky fellow comes and says he got nomination with file number 6xx.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
You can call them and ask them about your situation. They are very cooperative. I have called them four time since I applied. Once was at the preassesment stage, and then once while waiting for the file number and now twice in the last couple of weeks. One thing for sure, the people who answer the calls are not the ones processing your application. They are designated for answering calls and the myth that the processing will increase if we keep calling is not true. They say that just to keep inquires low, as everyone wants to know every day what is happening with the application.

engg said:
Also,to me in the email they mentioned that it will take 8 months.Dunno if it starts from the month they have sent file number OR
they say they received file OR the actual file delivery date that we guys tracked online.

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get my fingers crossed and hope tommorrow my nomination certificate will be posted.
Hope, hope, and just hope. Can I hope?

smilyster

Apr 12, 2009
Hartford
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2009
Doc's Request.
10-12-2009
Nomination.....
01-12-2010
board has gone queit no new nominations/file no since last week??
probably 2morrow n fri we will see some progress, hpe so..

A

Albertagoverner

indium-sulfide-2 said:
get my fingers crossed and hope tommorrow my nomination certificate will be posted.
Hope, hope, and just hope. Can I hope?
Two certificates are getting mailed tomorrow but see if indium-sulfide is in those two. Somewhere between 6-12 days to get with canada post. What is your US state? CA or NJ?