+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
sirsmak said:
February 20th: I received my file number in an email which also stated that I may also receive decision in 40 - 60 days
April 28: (as many of you already know) I emailed them about my nomination certificate.
May 4th: I received replay back telling me that I'm 4th in queue and should hear back before June 1st and if I don't them I should contact them back....
June 1st: I didn't hear anything from AINP, hence mailed them again since its way past the time line they mentioned in the email stating my file number...
June 2nd: I received email from them telling me that my nomination certificate was issued on May 8 and it'd take about 4 to 6 months to get to me.... so, as suggested in the email, I should wait for two more weeks patiently before I get the actual certificate in my mail.
Actual email statement ...
.... “You nomination certificate was issued May 8, 2009. We ask that people allow for 4 – 6 weeks for delivery. As it is just under the 4 week mark, we ask that you wait a few more weeks for it to be delivered.”
Now I am really hoping that this message means that nomination certificate is positive otherwise they'd call it something else like, rejection letter or something .... right...?
Congrats Sirsmak. I would suggest that you start preparing for your PCC's as this would speed up the process at the CIC level

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
sirsmak said:
.... “You nomination certificate was issued May 8, 2009. We ask that people allow for 4 – 6 weeks for delivery. As it is just under the 4 week mark, we ask that you wait a few more weeks for it to be delivered.”
Now I am really hoping that this message means that nomination certificate is positive otherwise they'd call it something else like, rejection letter or something .... right...?
You got it dude...start working on your PCCs. congrats!

ram_v

Nov 19, 2008
I got nomination

This is my time line
11/26/08 - E-mailed docs for pre-assessment
11/26/08 - Received confirmation e-mail
12/16/08 - Received invitation to apply
12/24/08 - Mailed app. package to AINP
12/31/08 - AINP received app. package (UPS confirmation)
02/20/09 - Received file number (587)
05/30/09- Received nomination(dated May 4th)

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
From that angle they say that they received my file on march 9,so my 2 dates are 27 Jan and 9 March.I'm with old process.

CometoAlberta said:
in fact, there are two "date". i sent my application to AINP on Jan 10 by express mail. they have received on Jan 11, however, the confirmation mail said they have received it on Feb 4.

so the receive date is not the day they received your application, it should be the day they begin to process your application, like organizing documents, creating folder,etc. so though your friends sent their application later than you, since their case folder was created earlier than you, then they get lower file number. Usually those people are from old process

that's my guess and i think it works.

engg said:
even I'm wishing them to process it by date they received it as I have a few folks who applied way after me and got file numbers lower than me.So lets see.

Manny said:
I think they are processing by file number (irrespective of the possibility that they may have these in buckets or wheelbarrows by dates).
However there is no science to this and I hope your prediction comes through!

engg said:
Redsar's case is different.Only Manny and sirsmak haven't from ur list.May be their's is already on the way.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Congrats !!

ram_v said:
I got nomination

This is my time line

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
And my file number is 116X
engg said:
From that angle they say that they received my file on march 9,so my 2 dates are 27 Jan and 9 March.I'm with old process.

CometoAlberta said:
in fact, there are two "date". i sent my application to AINP on Jan 10 by express mail. they have received on Jan 11, however, the confirmation mail said they have received it on Feb 4.

so the receive date is not the day they received your application, it should be the day they begin to process your application, like organizing documents, creating folder,etc. so though your friends sent their application later than you, since their case folder was created earlier than you, then they get lower file number. Usually those people are from old process

engg said:
even I'm wishing them to process it by date they received it as I have a few folks who applied way after me and got file numbers lower than me.So lets see.

Manny said:
I think they are processing by file number (irrespective of the possibility that they may have these in buckets or wheelbarrows by dates).

engg said:
Redsar's case is different.Only Manny and sirsmak haven't from ur list.May be their's is already on the way.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
ram_v said:
I got nomination

This is my time line
Congrats dude...

What is your NOC code and date on the nomination letter if don't mind?

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
It looks like they have a backlog of 4-5 months.

engg said:
And my file number is 116X
engg said:

CometoAlberta said:

engg said:

Manny said:

engg said:

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Congrats man ...........

And thanks everyone... for ur great input and good wishes....

ram_v said:
I got nomination

This is my time line

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
ram_v said:
I got nomination

This is my time line
Congrats buddy ! for the nomination ! All the best for CIC process.

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
sirsmak said:
February 20th: I received my file number in an email which also stated that I may also receive decision in 40 - 60 days
April 28: (as many of you already know) I emailed them about my nomination certificate.
May 4th: I received replay back telling me that I'm 4th in queue and should hear back before June 1st and if I don't them I should contact them back....
June 1st: I didn't hear anything from AINP, hence mailed them again since its way past the time line they mentioned in the email stating my file number...
June 2nd: I received email from them telling me that my nomination certificate was issued on May 8 and it'd take about 4 to 6 months to get to me.... so, as suggested in the email, I should wait for two more weeks patiently before I get the actual certificate in my mail.
We both have the same date, and I have started the basic ground work for PCC already. Like getting the forms and etc.
From the mail you received, I can only say "Congrats!" :)

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Thanks and i hope u'd hear some good news soon....

I had another question for you or anyone.... do I need US-PCCs for my wife too or just me (the primary applicant), since she is on H4, she doesn't have any SSN (which is required by my state inorder to get background checked).

notdet said:
sirsmak said:
We both have the same date, and I have started the basic ground work for PCC already. Like getting the forms and etc.
From the mail you received, I can only say "Congrats!" :)

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
sirsmak said:

I had another question for you or anyone.... do I need US-PCCs for my wife too or just me (the primary applicant), since she is on H4, she doesn't have any SSN (which is required by my state inorder to get background checked).
2 things here,

1st is you need PCC for your as well which I am 100% sure of,

and 2nd thing about requirement of having an SSN, I think you can call them and ask about the same. I believe they might ask for a letter from Social Security ppl saying that your wife don't have a SSN and all that, or might ask for TIN, again I could be wrong here.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Of course .... me being the primary applicant .... all kinds of certs and reports for me are required .... I was just confused about my wife's PCCs and FBI reports from US
notdet said:
sirsmak said:

2 things here,

1st is you need PCC for your as well which I am 100% sure of,

and 2nd thing about requirement of having an SSN, I think you can call them and ask about the same. I believe they might ask for a letter from Social Security ppl saying that your wife don't have a SSN and all that, or might ask for TIN, again I could be wrong here.

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
sirsmak said:
Of course .... me being the primary applicant .... all kinds of certs and reports for me are required .... I was just confused about my wife's PCCs and FBI reports from US

Oops ! i missed "Spouse" word in the below line

"1st is you need PCC for your as well which I am 100% sure of" it should be

1st is you need PCC for your wife as well which I am 100% sure of.