+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

chris2010

May 16, 2019
Hi everyone! I’m pretty new here. I also applied for humanitarian. Can anybody share some experience? I applied october of 2018, finally after 19 months, it moved to in process. Not sure what to expect from here, if I checked my app on line, it still shows that they sent me the aor, nothing yet after it went to in process. No biometrics requested yet. Anybody has some insights? Thanks everyone!
Hi,
Just to know if your online application still shows if they sent you AOR or it went to we started processing your application?

chris2010

May 16, 2019
Hi Members,
I,m pretty new here ,I also applied for H&C on February 24,2020,
I received AOR on March 05,2020
my application moves from “Received” to “In process” but show just the date they send me AOR ,any help please.

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi Members,
my application moves from “Received” to “In process” but show just the date they send me AOR ,any help please.
First off,you’re extremely lucky your application went to in process in just 5 months.Most people wait for months or even years.That being said,have you been asked to do fingerprints,medical or anything of sorts.If not,you will hear soon.Hang in there
Also,if you don’t mind,what are the grounds for your H&C?

Last edited:

chris2010

May 16, 2019
First off,you’re extremely lucky your application went to in process in just 5 months.Most people wait for months or even years.That being said,have you been asked to do fingerprints,medical or anything of sorts.If not,you will hear soon.Hang in there
Also,if you don’t mind,what are the grounds for your H&C?
Hi

When i received my AOR in march,i received also the leter for fingerprint,my worry only online still said received AOR

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi

When i received my AOR in march,i received also the leter for fingerprint,my worry only online still said received AOR
Their online system takes forever to update to current developments.Some people have received AIP(Approval in principal) first stage approval and their online profile still shows ‘in process ‘.Also,was it a letter to pay for your fingerprint or instructions to go get it done?

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Hi Members,
Still so early you have to wait at least 3 yrs.with COVID-19 would be longer. Good luck!

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Hi Members,
My application starting process on July 2019 process Still in process I’m going over 20 months now could take up 29 whenever your application Is in process Before Aip it’s good sign if don’t have Aip decision made it means negative answer or refusal
I wish you good luck and welcome to waiting list

Adebeesea

Jul 5, 2019
Still so early you have to wait at least 3 yrs.with COVID-19 would be longer. Good luck!
I heard that if you keep sending additional information to h&c dept that you will get a response sooner. My husband and I tried it and I guess it worked cos they requested for our medicals 10 months after we put our application in

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard that if you keep sending additional information to h&c dept that you will get a response sooner. My husband and I tried it and I guess it worked cos they requested for our medicals 10 months after we put our application in
Think it is a coincidence but yes 10 months is faster than most. Lots of others send updates but don't get earlier requests. Getting your medical request doesn't guarantee AIP or DM is just around the corner.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We've been living in Canada with a valid visa and my family was financially supporting us but they passes away and that's when I had to start working.
We had to go back to visit sometimes because my family wanted to see my daughter and we couldn't say no (Because they were financially supporting us) and we had a lot of family deaths.
Her skin condition only happens in our home country. That's why she DOESN'T need treatment in Canada. The doctor in Japan said it probably has to do this the environment, climate, food, etc. We had a medical certificate from the doctor explaining her skin condition and that it only happens in our home country. How do we prove that Canada's climate is better?
Has the skin condition been diagnosed? You would need to search the medical literature to see if there were any studies showing that Canada is a favourable climate for this condition. The other option is to pay for a consultation with a dermatologist who may be able to confirm that the move to Canada has stopped any flare-ups of the condition and perhaps provide a medical reason why Canada seems to have an effect on the condition and why a move to Japan would not be possible .

When I asked about status I meant whether you ever had status that would legally allow you to move to Canada and for your child to attend school. Has your TRV expired at this point? Normally TRVs are granted for the duration of your passport. Given that you and your child moved to Canada as visitors, renewing your TRV would have been very difficult. It is unclear how old your child is. She is a minor so would have been 8 or younger when you left Japan. It is very unusual for a parent and child to move to Canada knowing they wouldn't be able to enrol on school or have healthcare coverage especially given your child has a medical condition. You only receive visitor status for 6 months and then have to extend your status. Did you leave every 6 months? It seems very unlikely that CIC would grant extensions once they realized you were both living in Canada, your child was attending school and that eventially you were working illegally. Was there a reason you came to Canda in the first place? You mention that you returned to Japan but how many times and for how long? You also went sought medical and perhaps dental care when you returned to Japan.

Has your child been attending a Canadian school? Has she almost finished her schooling? She may have a much better case for H&C without you.

chris2010

May 16, 2019
Their online system takes forever to update to current developments.Some people have received AIP(Approval in principal) first stage approval and their online profile still shows ‘in process ‘.Also,was it a letter to pay for your fingerprint or instructions to go get it done?
I paid for fingerprint when i submited my application.

Godaboveall

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi guys my application changed to in process on June 23rd 2020 which was 9months after application received.I called IRCC call center today and was told my file has been moved to Toronto.Can anyone explain what this means?

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Hi guys my application changed to in process on June 23rd 2020 which was 9months after application received.I called IRCC call center today and was told my file has been moved to Toronto.Can anyone explain what this means?
Depends, did you get your AIP yet? what's your timeline?