+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Favourlevel

May 11, 2022
Hello, I have a failed refugee claim. We were able to apply for PNP in our province, which we were given and then applied for PR in Jan 2021.
However, last year June 2021- cbsa came after us leave Canada.
So we applied for H&C in June 2021and got AIP in April 2022.
While the PR through the PNP hasn't been approved, it will will be 24 months in Jan 2023.
We've been waiting for the 2nd stage approval of our H&C, so we inquired from them and they replied us that the H&C is on hold because we have the PNP PR application in progress, that it's until there is an outcome of that before the H&C can continue.
My partner is now saying that we should request for a withdrawal of the PNP PR application (23 months), so that H&C can issue us our PR.
Please what's your advice on this?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello, I have a failed refugee claim. We were able to apply for PNP in our province, which we were given and then applied for PR in Jan 2021.
However, last year June 2021- cbsa came after us leave Canada.
So we applied for H&C in June 2021and got AIP in April 2022.
While the PR through the PNP hasn't been approved, it will will be 24 months in Jan 2023.
We've been waiting for the 2nd stage approval of our H&C, so we inquired from them and they replied us that the H&C is on hold because we have the PNP PR application in progress, that it's until there is an outcome of that before the H&C can continue.
My partner is now saying that we should request for a withdrawal of the PNP PR application (23 months), so that H&C can issue us our PR.
Please what's your advice on this?
Hi,

I don't see any issue with the withdrawal of the PNP so that the final stage of the H&C can be processed to landing.

AIP means that the CBSA shouldn't have any further interest and the only difference would be the category of landing, and that won't alter your abilities to travel anywhere and then return to Canada. Neither are a refugee category landing that would inhibit travel to your country of origin (for example).

It's always a good idea to consult competent counsel rather than relying on on-line opinions, but you have too many positive decisions and one of them is delaying the receipt of permanent residence.

Everyone should have your problems. Just kidding, but you're doing fine.

Lifetime2021

Nov 1, 2021
Hi question: if I have the aip and want to renew my work permit, do I need to pay the fees of $155? Or not. And which option I have to choose regarding the status when I fill the application? Thank you