+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Immediately after AIP, it goes into processing background check whether you have submitted requested documents or not because they must have asked RCMP for our biometrics if done already, I got a correspondence Immediately after 1 month that they received my documents and they asked for passport bio data to grant passport exemption, when I listened to application status, it says one of our medicals is missing but I'm not bothered because I know they just haven't updated my file with the medicals yet. Don't worry, it might take time but we will all surely get there
They ask me for passport already and my law copy it to them two months ago.

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hey guys... would the immigration start processing backgroumd check if no AIP yet...? Is it shows on automated system that backgroumg check started processing with no AIP for my friend...can u advise please?
Yes, they can start background check anytime, before or after AIP

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yes they ask for it already
I think our background check is taking time than around October/ November because CRA just hired call center agents and they all went through background checks, I'm sure same body of government us conducting the background checks .

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Ok thanks for your reply and for your help, may i know if you received any letter or convocation from CBSA ?
No we haven't had any conversation with CBSA. as I said before I got voluntary departure but that was it and it wasn't a form I look back at it , It was just one pice of paper.

Reactions: Melno48

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
No we haven't had any conversation with CBSA. as I said before I got voluntary departure but that was it and it wasn't a form I look back at it , It was just one pice of paper.
yes i know, i received the same but without my picture and signature.
thanks a lot