Kikybabe

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
ontario
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
h&c
Hello members. If someone havent applied for work permit before & now applied after AIP, will the person pay $155 or $100(open work permit) or pay for both. Your knowledge of experience will be appreciated , members. Thanks

Reactions: Melno48

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hello members. If someone havent applied for work permit before & now applied after AIP, will the person pay $155 or $100(open work permit) or pay for both. Your knowledge of experience will be appreciated , members. Thanks
You will need to pay $255 for your open work permit.I heard they now refund $100 back after you have received your document.

Reactions: Blessedmamat

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
I paid 155$ 2 years open work-permit

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
You can send me a message in private if you want

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi Kikybabe, please how are you able to upload the immigration document online, I've been trying to upload since December but getting error messages

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Guys I have questions whenever you send documents to immigration and they don't update it when they received it , is because the officer doesn't look at your documents? the just updated my the police record from my country of birth and my background check is going on so long and they just updateding that.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Guys I have questions whenever you send documents to immigration and they don't update it when they received it , is because the officer doesn't look at your documents? the just updated my the police record from my country of birth and my background check is going on so long and they just updateding that.
You mean the online system?
It's not updated at all , so don't worry.
I can't see my background check either but the automated system mentions it

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
You mean the online system?
It's not updated at all , so don't worry.
I can't see my background check either but the automated system mentions it
Not on the automated on their's, because I just call they told me that they just updated my police record on January 14.

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
I spoke with a lawyer today, she informed me that a request for restoration of status or TRP application will not give me an impliced status but the CBSA will try to wait for the decision before summoning me. she told me that there is currently no deportation especially with the second wave of covid just in extreme cases.

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Immediately after AIP, it goes into processing background check whether you have submitted requested documents or not because they must have asked RCMP for our biometrics if done already, I got a correspondence Immediately after 1 month that they received my documents and they asked for passport bio data to grant passport exemption, when I listened to application status, it says one of our medicals is missing but I'm not bothered because I know they just haven't updated my file with the medicals yet. Don't worry, it might take time but we will all surely get there

Reactions: Naz786

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Immediately after AIP, it goes into processing background check whether you have submitted requested documents or not because they must have asked RCMP for our biometrics if done already, I got a correspondence Immediately after 1 month that they received my documents and they asked for passport bio data to grant passport exemption, when I listened to application status, it says one of our medicals is missing but I'm not bothered because I know they just haven't updated my file with the medicals yet. Don't worry, it might take time but we will all surely get there
What is passport bio?

Sa1289

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hey guys... would the immigration start processing backgroumd check if no AIP yet...? Is it shows on automated system that backgroumg check started processing with no AIP for my friend...can u advise please?

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Hey guys... would the immigration start processing backgroumd check if no AIP yet...? Is it shows on automated system that backgroumg check started processing with no AIP for my friend...can u advise please?
Yes they can do background checks before Aip. It look like most of us waiting on background to finish.