+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
Ok thanks it’s expiring in september this year. So will have to extend it on vistor record
Hi Tony4454
You can renew your passport through your Country embassy
If you don’t renew your passport your implied status will refuse and immigration will asked you for Valid passport
you can add an explanatory letter, and after receiving the new passport you will be able to send it by web form

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayanna

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hi @Triplemog - one observation that might be helpful. Did you visit a local (small) SO branch? If this is the case, I am not surprised. These small local branches are contractors (privately-owned) and they have very limited power. If you are in Toronto, you should contact a Sheppard location, which is a real gov office. Contact them before you go (just to reduce the exposure) and describe your situation. They should be able to help you. This is the phone # to call: 416-326-1234. Even if you are not in Toronto, they should be able to tell you where to go. I personally did not try to get the OHIP card before the COPR, but I heard many people did it and had success.

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied for H&C in March 2019 and got AOR in August with a request for biometric fee after which biometrics was done in December. I checked my file online and it reads in process, started processing on Dec 21). Now I also qualify for the Pathway programme but my lawyer is of the opinion that I stay on my H&C processing and if by June I don’t get a response I will transfer to the Pathway programme. Kindly give your inputs on these please as I am at a crossroad

Reactions: Fréijoer Léiw

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied for H&C in March 2019 and got AOR in August with a request for biometric fee after which biometrics was done in December. I checked my file online and it reads in process, started processing on Dec 21). Now I also qualify for the Pathway programme but my lawyer is of the opinion that I stay on my H&C processing and if by June I don’t get a response I will transfer to the Pathway programme. Kindly give your inputs on these please as I am at a crossroad
May i know when you came to Canada and if you have been a refugee seeker ?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi there
Stay with your attorney advice if they asked you for biometric fee it means your in good condition soon you will get Aip I guess by April or June the latest!
Immigration just started working this week
What I hear from ppl they process essential worker application faster Just be patient you’ll hear something soon
keep the pathway for Plan B If anything bad happened good luck my friend

Blessedmamat

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, I wouldn't say you shouldn't listen to your lawyer. I'm my own case, my refugee appeal is with the federal and I'm a psw. If you check the pathway website, you will see where it specifically says "if you are a H&C applicant, ask us to transfer your application to the Pathway ". This is what I'm doing because the officers are prioritizing the essential worker application. So, the ball is in your court. Check the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/healthcare-workers-permanent-residence/apply.html#humanitarian

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Well, I wouldn't say you shouldn't listen to your lawyer. I'm my own case, my refugee appeal is with the federal and I'm a psw. If you check the pathway website, you will see where it specifically says "if you are a H&C applicant, ask us to transfer your application to the Pathway ". This is what I'm doing because the officers are prioritizing the essential worker application. So, the ball is in your court. Check the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/healthcare-workers-permanent-residence/apply.html#humanitarian
Good luck.
It's really a good chance if you have all requirements. What a great way to appreciate you guys from the Government.
Best of luck

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
QUOTE="Kenirotlory, post: 9110108, member: 1017135"]
[/QUOTE]
Since you have till June so yeah I recommend your lawyer's advice.
It's better to wait and see than regret.
You never know, you might get a positive response on your H&C before June and if not so pathway it is.

Last edited:

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Correction please, I applied for H&C in March 2020 I meant to write.

Reactions: Me2020

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020

I kind of agree with you on this.Though, is a very dicey situation for this person.

Reactions: Blessedmamat

Triplemog

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi @Triplemog did you get your CoPR yet? Otherwise, I would recommend that you reach out to your MPP (you can find them through the Find Your MPP on this page: Find your MPP). They can reach out to the Ontario Eligibility Review Commission for you and even apply on your behalf. Due to the COVID crisis the OERC is temporarily issuing Health Cards by mail. Plus, I think that an MPP's office can better escalate the issue than if you contact the OERC directly.
Didn’t get it yet. i will just wait till i get my Copr going through the MPP seems like a long process..