+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Emmabel

Apr 22, 2017
To whom it may concern,

I applied for H&C in May 2019. I have not heard any response to my file. Can you please let me know what is happening with my file. It has been nearly 19 months since I received the acknowledging receipt. Is my file is in first stage or second stage? What will happen after this? How long will this process take?
Just 19 months u r already complaining.mine took 43 months bf I got aip

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
To whom it may concern,

I applied for H&C in May 2019. I have not heard any response to my file. Can you please let me know what is happening with my file. It has been nearly 19 months since I received the acknowledging receipt. Is my file is in first stage or second stage? What will happen after this? How long will this process take?
Hi there
Your not in first stage
Your still in process usually process take 36 months But some members are lucky got approved in 6 months to 18 some of us been 24 or more months still waiting for answers
You need check your application in this link
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Reactions: Lexus2021

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Why don’t you fix the problem that caused your application to be refused and then ask for reconsideration.I hope you have a lawyer helping you.By the way,when did you apply? Did you apply in 2020? Cuz there seems to be a trend in expediting 2019/2020 applications
About 2019/2020 applications being expedited, I submitted a family application in April, AOR and BIL in August. We went for biometrics capture last week. Kindly let me know how quickly processing is now. Thanks

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
Omg thats so long
don't worry ! every case is different , you can get a decision in 4, 6 or 8 months like you can get it in 1 year or a year and a half etc... but apparently complicated cases can take many months but its not a general rule . Also applications sent in 2017, 2018 took a long time compared to sqme 2019 cases and an important part of 2020 applications but the treatment is better than before

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Some awyers are just too money minded.i can't imagine my lawyer is asking me extra 500 dollars just to update 5 pages form.same information he had already in my file.thid is same application.he never told me i have to pay any other fee to f second stage.good luck to them
Wow. One has to be careful and that's why IRCC and ICCRC have information to guide folks

Questions to ask your Immigration Consultant
This Q&A guide provides you the right questions to ask your Immigration Consultant before accepting their services. The questions are intended as a guide only. Remember to always check the ICCRC online public register to confirm the status of your Immigration Consultant before signing any contract.

Find out if your representative is authorized

You can check if a person is licensed to represent immigrants or to give advice.
If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.

Most law societies let you check online to see if a person is a member in good standing.

Law societies in each province and territory
The Canadian Bar Association

Chambre des notaires du Québec: Membership validation service (French only)