+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for responding. I requested GCMS notes so lets see what officer has to say after 16 months of processing :) based on processing time they should finish in 20 months but clearly, thats not true
20 months is just an estimate. Given the huge volume of applications during the past few years the system is completed overwhelmed and processing is going to get longer until the system is reformed or they get much stricter about who can apply and whether repeat applications will be allowed.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
20 months is just an estimate. Given the huge volume of applications during the past few years the system is completed overwhelmed and processing is going to get longer until the system is reformed or they get much stricter about who can apply and whether repeat applications will be allowed.
well they need to hire more people then as we are paying very high processing fees. Or if they cannot adjudicate cases in 20 months they need to say so instead of deceiving applicants. Transparency, Transparency, and Transparency.

Reactions: ibrahim0175

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
well they need to hire more people then as we are paying very high processing fees. Or if they cannot adjudicate cases in 20 months they need to say so instead of deceiving applicants. Transparency, Transparency, and Transparency.
Processing H&C often costs the Canadian government tens of thousands of dollars how are applicants paying high processing fees compared to what the taxpayers are subsidizing? Processing times are estimated averages so there have always been both shorter and longer processing times than posted averages. H&C is supposed to be for very exceptional cases but it has become a catch all for anyone not qualifying for other programs or for asylum seekers who have been denied.

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
I do not believe the system is overwhelmed and number of applications is almost the same, even less people applying. It is the way they are prioritizing applications and the fact that background check is taking longer for some applicants. In reality, applications are not processed in queue they are received. Processing time decreased from 26 months to 20 months recently. They will certainly allow repeated applications because decision on H and C is very discretionay and the same case that will be approved by one officer might get refusal by another officer.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Guys, there's also something I can't believe about the processing times for IRCC, specifically regarding the time required for a file from Quebec (I hope I'm not rejecting this for psychological reasons since I live in Quebec, lol). Logically speaking, the main difference between a file sent from Quebec and one sent from another province concerns the second stage of processing, as the Canada-Quebec Agreement grants the Quebec government the right to issue a special authorization, the CSQ (which, by the way, is purely bureaucratic, created for ideological and nationalist reasons in Quebec).

So, normally, the processing time for the first stage is supposed to be the same for all applicants. In other words, an IRCC officer analyzing the arguments of an applicant should do so in the same amount of time for everyone because, according to the publicly available information, the Quebec government has not established any measures that affect the processing time of the first stage.

Reactions: fagsey

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I do not believe the system is overwhelmed and number of applications is almost the same, even less people applying. It is the way they are prioritizing applications and the fact that background check is taking longer for some applicants. In reality, applications are not processed in queue they are received. Processing time decreased from 26 months to 20 months recently. They will certainly allow repeated applications because decision on H and C is very discretionay and the same case that will be approved by one officer might get refusal by another officer.
The things I’ve learned after all this waiting is that although the Canadian government is extremely developed and modern in some aspects, it still shares significant similarities with Third World systems, including bureaucracy and the lack of professionalism among a large part of federal employees (especially immigration, which has the worst reputation). Also, the humanity and compassion the government tries to advertise do not reflect reality! Not to mention how the government completely disregards the integration of immigrants, particularly those considered (skilled workers), by encouraging a terrible multicultural, communal model instead of implementing an intercultural one.

They welcome hundreds of thousands of people who are supposedly well-educated, with good experience and great potential for integration, but that’s not the case at all. It makes you wonder whether the economic immigration programs like Express Entry are really effective.

Reactions: wiener and fagsey
Aug 30, 2024
Hi everyone, Im waiting for 2nd application. It's been 16 months. Recently requested GCMS notes. anyone here waiting for 2nd application? if so, how long and have you requested GCMS notes?
I have requested atip notes since July not received yet!! So ridiculous because if someone wants to make a file for jr have 45 days to submit application but if the refusal notes takes long time it’s doesn’t worth!!

stallion1982

Star Member
Mar 31, 2023
Hello yes which is not correct reason to reject the reason according to my lawyer they reject my application because they are not convincing how can I afford 2 cars and house rent with just 2 income. Seriously I am gonna bring this officer to Federal
what? That's so stupid argument to have by the officer. If someone is not on any Government support, working , have job , tax returns should be more than enough to determine how the family is supporting themselves. Probably that was the only thing officer could thought can be used as reason for refusal. Officer could not find any other reason to refuse.