+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grandparent Sponsorship Application - Questions

tav999

Apr 5, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received notification that I was selected to submit my application for grandparent sponsorship. I have gotten a head start on inputting the information and collecting the required documentation however I have some questions and I was hoping to get a bit of support here. If it seems like a lot, I am open to retaining a lawyer however i'm on mat leave and the 4k is a bit steep.TIA, any help is much appreciated!

General Application (IMM 008):

1. Do certain sections of the application need to be completed in the applicants handwriting? She is illiterate in English so I am doing the entire thing for her.

2. Personal Details - Information such as date of death (disappeared during the war) and date of birth for my grandmas parents is unknown (born in an orphanage) - what should my response be? Do I need to attach a separate sheet with detailed information?

Schedule A (IMM 5669):

1. Education-My grandma studied in Russia (USSR at the time) and does not remember all of the details pertaining to her schooling i.e exact years and the name - how crucial is this information because i'm worried we will get it a bit wrong.

Thank you again for any clarifications. Also, if there is a way to do a search for keywords perhaps I can find previous threads in which these questions were answered - any guidance on such a search tool would be great.