+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Germany PCC Timeline

geetee

Jun 23, 2023
I was in a similar situation(overseas but not from Canada), never got my PCC. Never knew the reason, maybe the files cannot be sent through express delivery, only snail mail, maybe some interchanging bank screwed up my bank transfer for the fee, maybe they ignored my application because I included a letter of expaination in english. So after 2 months of waiting, I found this laywer/agent guy in Germany, and I sent a new application to him via DHL. He helped with the bank transfer and mailed in my application. The PCC was mailed to him after 11 calender days, and he emailed me a scanned copy.

Did you account for bank transfer fees when wiring the 13 euro transfer fee, or let a friend with a german bank account help out? Did you get a signature from the embassy/notary public on your application? Did you include a letter requesting the certificate be sent to a german address(such as a friend's address so they could scan you the file)? It's honestly quite frustrating because you can never know what went wrong with your application.

I was told it usually takes 2~3 weeks for the police certificate to be issued, so maybe you were just unlucky with processing times and mail? But I guess you should at least make your best attempt, so that in the case where you can't get your police certificate on time, you can include good evidence that you tried to IRCC.
Hello there can you plz share the lawyer/agent contact details who helped you to get German PCC? I need 1 too for my PR application in Canada.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hello there can you plz share the lawyer/agent contact details who helped you to get German PCC? I need 1 too for my PR application in Canada.
Hi, it was just some random guy I found on google. I was already familiar with the process and only needed a German bank account and address. In retrospect I could have just hired someone on fiverr, so I'm sure you can find an agency better elsewhere.

geetee

Jun 23, 2023
Hi, it was just some random guy I found on google. I was already familiar with the process and only needed a German bank account and address. In retrospect I could have just hired someone on fiverr, so I'm sure you can find an agency better elsewhere.
Is fiverr an agency that can assist?

Lipali

Jun 26, 2023
I was in a similar situation(overseas but not from Canada), never got my PCC. Never knew the reason, maybe the files cannot be sent through express delivery, only snail mail, maybe some interchanging bank screwed up my bank transfer for the fee, maybe they ignored my application because I included a letter of expaination in english. So after 2 months of waiting, I found this laywer/agent guy in Germany, and I sent a new application to him via DHL. He helped with the bank transfer and mailed in my application. The PCC was mailed to him after 11 calender days, and he emailed me a scanned copy.

Did you account for bank transfer fees when wiring the 13 euro transfer fee, or let a friend with a german bank account help out? Did you get a signature from the embassy/notary public on your application? Did you include a letter requesting the certificate be sent to a german address(such as a friend's address so they could scan you the file)? It's honestly quite frustrating because you can never know what went wrong with your application.

I was told it usually takes 2~3 weeks for the police certificate to be issued, so maybe you were just unlucky with processing times and mail? But I guess you should at least make your best attempt, so that in the case where you can't get your police certificate on time, you can include good evidence that you tried to IRCC.

Lipali

Jun 26, 2023
Hi , thanks this is helpful! I have a friend in Germany. Should i just send all the documents to her and should i write a letter telling the federal office to send it to her address? How did you exactly request to get it sent to your friends address?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hi , thanks this is helpful! I have a friend in Germany. Should i just send all the documents to her and should i write a letter telling the federal office to send it to her address? How did you exactly request to get it sent to your friends address?
I included a letter requesting the certificate be sent to a specific german address, with my signature.

Lipali

Jun 26, 2023
Oh best ! Did you use the application form which is for abroad use ?
Also , what exactly are the documents you had sent ! The document that i sent through fedex , had all notorised copies of my passport, pcc application , current address proof in india , also shared entry exit stamps from Germany and KVr registration! Did i miss anything!

Last edited:

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Also , what exactly are the documents you had sent ! The document that i sent through fedex , had all notorised copies of my passport, pcc application , current address proof in india , also shared entry exit stamps from Germany and KVr registration! Did i miss anything!
Yes, I used the form for abroad use(german version). In addition to that I included the letter telling them where to mail my certificate, and a bank transfer receipt(this was done by the guy who did the bank transfer for me). I didn't include anything else. The signature part is the most important, I signed mine at a local German consulate, and they put a bunch of stamps on it that made it seem quite official.

ratexxx

Jun 30, 2023
Same problem here. My request arrived in Germany on May 20 and I'm still waiting for it to arrive in Canada. Considering sending another one next week: -(

Any updates for any of you?

Lipali

Jun 26, 2023
Not yet ! I m resendIng my document to a friend in Germany and she will send it from her address to pcc office! I will also request them to send it to her address, assuming that inbound applications process faster than outbound!

ratexxx

Jun 30, 2023
Not yet ! I m resendIng my document to a friend in Germany and she will send it from her address to pcc office! I will also request them to send it to her address, assuming that inbound applications process faster than outbound!
I might do the same next week.
When did your mail arrive in Bonn?

Lipali

Jun 26, 2023
They received my docs on 15th may , but they never acknowledged or anything, even if i wrote to them on enquiry form , they never responded

ratexxx

Jun 30, 2023
They received my docs on 15th may , but they never acknowledged or anything, even if i wrote to them on enquiry form , they never responded
Damn, mine arrived on the 20th of May, still nothing. Are you a single applicant? I've sent 2 separate mails, one for me and another one for my wife, just wondering if I can submit it as a single mail...

ratexxx

Jun 30, 2023

Thanks for sharing! Did you put your friend's German address in the request form or only in the letter asking them to send it to your friend's?