+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GENERAL CATEGORY DOCUMENT CHECKLIST!!! ---- Visa Approved.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
@binjoy: I just received a conditional offer from Red River College for Aug/Sep intake and have only a few weeks to apply for the visa, apply for loan, get medicals done, etc. I'm self-sponsoring my studies and applying on my own, as you have done. I have a few queries, which I hope you can answer:

1. Will it affect my prospects if I pay the 1st year fee plus GIC instead of an education loan against property? (I'm a little worried about the delay in refund of the GIC in case of a refusal). I see that you have not taken any education loan. A lot of folks feel taking a loan against property can show strong family ties to home country. Will it not show the same if someone just shows proof of owning property here (a flat, in my case)?

2. Did you submit the original property sale deed document when you filed for your visa?

3. Did you notarize the IELTS photocopy?

4. Is it mandatory to submit passport photocopies of spouse and siblings, even though they are not sponsors? Again, should I get them notarized if I'm submitting them?

5. From your post, I note that you are married. Did you apply along with your spouse or are you going alone? Do you think it is a good idea to apply along with my wife?

Thanks so much, hoping to hear from you soon. :)

Sikander

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sikanderv said:
@ binjoy: I just received a conditional offer from Red River College for Aug/Sep intake and have only a few weeks to apply for the visa, apply for loan, get medicals done, etc. I'm self-sponsoring my studies and applying on my own, as you have done. I have a few queries, which I hope you can answer:

1. Will it affect my prospects if I pay the 1st year fee plus GIC instead of an education loan against property? (I'm a little worried about the delay in refund of the GIC in case of a refusal). I see that you have not taken any education loan. A lot of folks feel taking a loan against property can show strong family ties to home country. Will it not show the same if someone just shows proof of owning property here (a flat, in my case)?

2. Did you submit the original property sale deed document when you filed for your visa?

3. Did you notarize the IELTS photocopy?

4. Is it mandatory to submit passport photocopies of spouse and siblings, even though they are not sponsors? Again, should I get them notarized if I'm submitting them?

5. From your post, I note that you are married. Did you apply along with your spouse or are you going alone? Do you think it is a good idea to apply along with my wife?

Thanks so much, hoping to hear from you soon. :)

Sikander
Hi Sikander,

First, you must get an unconditional offer from your college. Find out the reason for conditional offer and get the revised offer letter asap.
1. I did not take loan and yes I am self sponsoring. I also have showed one of the sale deed in my name. So, showing proof of owning a flat is definitely a good thing. I would recommend GIC irrespective of the category you apply in.
2. I submitted a photocopy of the sale deed.
3. No
4. If you are applying in General Category, the checklist talks about marriage certs and birth certs of family members. I couldnt get birth certificates. So, I had submitted photocopy of spouse's, parents and brothers passport biodata copy. No need to notarize.
5. I am going alone. I might be applying for my spouse's Open Work permit sometime soon. Also, I have heard few people say that applying together is better. I am not sure though.

Do let me know if you need any further information.
best of luck!

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neets_0047 said:
i going to apply for a study permit soon.

just wanna clarify one thing .i have just appeared for the final semester and the results are expected to come after 1 month.
My question is :--- Should i wait for the result to be declared ? OR I submit the student visa application with a Certificate stating that Im a bonafide student of the institution , i have completed the course and the previous semesters are cleared and the result of the final semester is yet to be declared ?

what should I do , to secure Myself ? OR the Right way ?
I am really not sure if I know the answer to your question. I suggest you start a new topic. May be someone else can help.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naeem1234 said:
congrats Dear, wish u best of Luck :)

I have a gap of 7 yrs , i have completed my B.com in 2007. I wanted to do Further studies, but i am confused about selecting the course and could you also tell me what will be the minimum funds require to get an admission.
You need not show any funds to get an admission. Funds required only while applying for visa.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajay Kafle said:
Hello Binjoy, glad to hear ur success story. I m from India but currently living with my sister in Nepal, I did my 10+2 last 2013 now I got acceptance letter from Red River College,Winnipeg Canada. But I have 47 % in 10+2 I have 6.5 score in ilets & my brother is a Canadian citizen. What would be my chancess of visa ???
What is sop ??
Any help would b appreciate
Cannot really comment on your chances of getting a visa. It depends.

SOP is Statement of Purpose. You can find quite a lot of samples in the internet. Please do not copy anything from the sample SOP. Write your own SOP which could include the following:

1. Your Merits in 10th, 12th and Bachelors
2. Work experience if any.
3. Why did you pick the course of study
4. Why the college/univ to which you have applied.
5. Why Canada
Use a convincing conclusion stating that you will be back to your home country. Quote examples wherever required.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
binjoy said:
Hi Sikander,

First, you must get an unconditional offer from your college. Find out the reason for conditional offer and get the revised offer letter asap.
1. I did not take loan and yes I am self sponsoring. I also have showed one of the sale deed in my name. So, showing proof of owning a flat is definitely a good thing. I would recommend GIC irrespective of the category you apply in.
2. I submitted a photocopy of the sale deed.
3. No
4. If you are applying in General Category, the checklist talks about marriage certs and birth certs of family members. I couldnt get birth certificates. So, I had submitted photocopy of spouse's, parents and brothers passport biodata copy. No need to notarize.
5. I am going alone. I might be applying for my spouse's Open Work permit sometime soon. Also, I have heard few people say that applying together is better. I am not sure though.

Do let me know if you need any further information.
best of luck!
Thank you very much for your reply. The reason for my conditional offer is because I'm a B.Com graduate and I applied for an IT diploma. The letter of acceptance states that I have to clear a computer programmer aptitude test upon my arrival in Canada. If I do not clear, then I need to enroll for a 4-month Introductory program. I'm having 2 years experience in IT now, and my daily work involves writing programs and scripting. Thanks again for your advise. It is much appreciated, and if you don't mind, I may be relying on it in the coming days too. ;-) All the best for your future plans.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sikanderv said:
Thank you very much for your reply. The reason for my conditional offer is because I'm a B.Com graduate and I applied for an IT diploma. The letter of acceptance states that I have to clear a computer programmer aptitude test upon my arrival in Canada. If I do not clear, then I need to enroll for a 4-month Introductory program. I'm having 2 years experience in IT now, and my daily work involves writing programs and scripting. Thanks again for your advise. It is much appreciated, and if you don't mind, I may be relying on it in the coming days too. ;-) All the best for your future plans.
Anytime Sikander :D
Happy to help...wish you the very best!!!

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Comgratulations buddy.

When u say a strong SOP? what does that mean if you dont mind can you please share the SOP with me.

email - aashishthestranger@gmail.com

shibujj

Jun 25, 2014
cangrads binjoy. i am planing to apply for visa in general category. i completed my 12th std in 2007 i did a 1 year computer course and have worked as software professional till now.can u please advise me in writing sop as i have 6 year gap in my education can u send me a copy of ur sop.
thanks in advance

jishashijo

Dec 20, 2014
Congrats binjoy. I'm planning to apply for visa in general category.I have 7 year's of work experience . I was a little confused regarding the sop.since I'm not going through consultan Plz help me to write a strong sop.I would appreciate if you could share your SOP . ..my mail is is jsh.vijayan@gmail.com . Thanks in advance

arveeskrish

Oct 4, 2014
Comgratulations binjoy. ;D

When u say a strong SOP? if you dont mind can you please share the SOP with me.

email - arveeskrish@gmail.com

expecting your reply asap
thanking you.

MAHESHH BABU

Feb 2, 2015
hello binjoy can u please share your STATEMENT OF PURPOSE ...
MY EMAIL :mahi53312@gmail.com
please share it madam..please ....

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
SPP or General
with ur profile ur Visa was never gonna get rejected :p
but it was smart choosing General in 1st attempt as SPP category hate having extra documents in the file other thn mentioned in the checklist :p

congratulations :)

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binjoy said:
6. Student Questionnaire - Download this from internet. If you dont find let me know.

17. Form 16 - Last 3 years
I am in process applying ;
Can you send me link to download student questionaire and form 16? Is it compulsory to submit ? I dont find this form at CIC website