Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
Others have recieved ppr shortly after background check in progress.
Our Background Check was started just after our case was entered into GCMS. Even before they assessed the upfront medical..

I'm holding on to hope that you'll get her PR soon enough...

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
Our Background Check was started just after our case was entered into GCMS. Even before they assessed the upfront medical..

I'm holding on to hope that you'll get her PR soon enough...
Yeah, it seems to pertain solely to outland apps

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jako said:
Hi All,

Actually I have received 2nd of my GCMS notes recently.

In the "ASSESSMENTS" section I noticed the following :
Eligibility : Passed
Security : Not Started
Criminality : Passed
Medical : Passed

My concern here about Security, as I was wondering how long does take to be shown Passed? ...

Please advise ...
Good Day Kako,

I got your personal message you sent to me today, however I usually don't respond to private messages unless I instruct someone to do so. When I instruct you to sent me your personal message I will make sure I got to search for your message in my inbox because there are over hundred messages which I could not respond to.

Here is what I see, your file is almost completed. These are some of the reasons your security results are not sent yet to the Embassy:

1. Could have been your security clearance is still pending due to a lot of files CSIS is handling for the past months
2. Could have been your security clearance is completed by CSIS but they have not sent it yet to the Embassy
3. Your full name could have matched a most wanted person by the WEST and CSIS wants to check all the leads
4. CSIS might have been waiting for feedback from some of the agencies around the world
5. You might a long wrap sheet of travel history which will extend your Security ASSESSMENT

To answer your private message I would say yes, SECURITY ASSESSMENT is not done by CIC rather by CSIS. The same way Medical Assessment is not done by CIC but RMO. CIC is only responsible to check your ELIGIBILITY based on the program you apply under then other 3 assessments are being done by other government bodies. Once Security is completed by CSIS they will grade your results then send those grading to CIC in order to finalised your file.

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
6th July 2016. Passed 10th July 2016
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Eagle 333:
Thanks for your continued support.

How is criminal background checks different from security checks?
I was going through different forums. Couldn't get a clear picture.
Below are my details.
Submitted pcc with finger print from canada and pcc from India along with initial application.
If they put security due date a certain date will they start it on same day or could be +|-
How long is security checks?

Just received GCMS notes.

According to the notes originated on Sep 9-2016
Eligibility passed 28 may 2016
Medical passed 12 July 2016
Criminality passed 28 may 2016
Security not yet started.
Assigned to (blank)
Assigned by (blank)
Due date (blank)

Under security: Due date is 2016 Dec 9. Exactly 15 months from my date of application.

According to my Cic my background checks are not yet started.
So one factor is clear that they do Background checks before sending Medical requests.

I linked my application with my Cic by beginning of June 2016 and so before I linked my background checks were changed from not needed at this time to in process and back to not needed at this time.

Thanks again

jako

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hi Eagle333,

Also I have noticed in my GCMS the following :

1- in BIOMETRICS section :
Assessments : Complete
Info : Received - Match
2- in NOTES Section:
Text : Paper file received from Secondary office.

Could you please clarify what does that mean?

Thanks so much....

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roaringpanthers 12345 said:
Eagle 333:
Thanks for your continued support.

How is criminal background checks different from security checks?
I was going through different forums. Couldn't get a clear picture.
Below are my details.
Submitted pcc with finger print from canada and pcc from India along with initial application.
If they put security due date a certain date will they start it on same day or could be +|-
How long is security checks?

Just received GCMS notes.

According to the notes originated on Sep 9-2016
Eligibility passed 28 may 2016
Medical passed 12 July 2016
Criminality passed 28 may 2016
Security not yet started.
Assigned to (blank)
Assigned by (blank)
Due date (blank)

Under security: Due date is 2016 Dec 9. Exactly 15 months from my date of application.

According to my Cic my background checks are not yet started.
So one factor is clear that they do Background checks before sending Medical requests.

I linked my application with my Cic by beginning of June 2016 and so before I linked my background checks were changed from not needed at this time to in process and back to not needed at this time.

Thanks again
roaringpanthers

If you are not an outland applicant your case has a different procedure. Criminality is mostly based on your PCC. Security is beyond Criminality. The due date on your Security means nothing until it says PASS. For outland applicants, Medical is the last thing CIC always check in order to determine the expiry date of your visa; however for INLAND Security will be the last thing they check since the Applicant is already in the country.

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Eagle333 said:
roaringpanthers

If you are not an outland applicant your case has a different procedure. Criminality is mostly based on your PCC. Security is beyond Criminality. The due date on your Security means nothing until it says PASS. For outland applicants, Medical is the last thing CIC always check in order to determine the expiry date of your visa; however for INLAND Security will be the last thing they check since the Applicant is already in the country.
Thank you so much

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Eagle333 said:
roaringpanthers

Hi eagle! Thanks for clarifiying the difference between criminality and security. I found it so weird that they finish criminality with elegibility but then wait to start security. My husband did his medical on July 26th and we still haven't heard anything. I was kind of expecting security to take long since he has a travel history. But what I can't understand is that if our elegibility and criminality was finished last December, what has taken this long?

Oh the inconsistency of IRCC! Haha.

Still waiting patiently, his PPR will come soon I hope!

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
Hi Eagle,

I have a question about what "LOCATION: FCP Eligibility" means and if it's a sign our file is being looked at (I found it on my 2nd page under ASSESSMENTS: "PAPER FILE-->LOCATION: FCP Eligibility"; on our 1st GCMS we had "LOCATION: Eligibility").

Background information:
We filed our family sponsor application Nov 2015- Outland.
We ordered our notes one in April and the other in July.
Only medical says passed, everything else says not started.

I appreciate any input you have to offer.
Thank you for your time,
BlueSapphire

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,

Do you guys know if Paper File Location change from Registry to : RCMP Fingerprints Pending -PR has any importance ? now that they added -PR !

Thank you

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masriixo said:
Hi eagle! Thanks for clarifiying the difference between criminality and security. I found it so weird that they finish criminality with elegibility but then wait to start security. My husband did his medical on July 26th and we still haven't heard anything. I was kind of expecting security to take long since he has a travel history. But what I can't understand is that if our elegibility and criminality was finished last December, what has taken this long?

Oh the inconsistency of IRCC! Haha.

Still waiting patiently, his PPR will come soon I hope!
Masriixo your PPR is just few days away. Stay strong and patient, all will be well. It does not matter whether your medical say Pass or EXPIRE. Until CIC receives your SECURITY GRADINGS from CSIS only at that time your medicals becomes important since they are the very last thing CIC check. That is why you see some applicants being called by CIC, asking them if they can make it to Canada in 30 or 60 days before medicals expires.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueSapphire said:
Hi Eagle,

I have a question about what "LOCATION: FCP Eligibility" means and if it's a sign our file is being looked at (I found it on my 2nd page under ASSESSMENTS: "PAPER FILE-->LOCATION: FCP Eligibility"; on our 1st GCMS we had "LOCATION: Eligibility").

Background information:
We filed our family sponsor application Nov 2015- Outland.
We ordered our notes one in April and the other in July.
Only medical says passed, everything else says not started.

I appreciate any input you have to offer.
Thank you for your time,
BlueSapphire
Hello BlueSapphire,

I see tones of people worried about their files LOCATIONS. You can actually play with those letters you see in your GCMS location; to have an idea of where is your file. FCP is nonetheless FAMILY CLASS PROCESSING or FAMILY CLASS PROGRAM . Based on the information you just provided I will definitely say Family Class Processing fits FCP LOCATION.

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Eagle 333:
You are awesome and great help to all of us +1.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Dear Eagle333:

Thank you for your valuable info and big help to the forumites.

I'm also very worried about my wife's outland application. It seems to take longer than others'.

My wife was born in Burma and she left there 17 years ago to my country. I met her at around 5 years ago. She was granted citizenship of my country about 3 years ago(not due to marriage) and thus voided her Burma citizenship. We got married at the beginning of this year (2016). We did not send out Burma PCC because they would not issue PCC unless applicant are physically in the country. CIC acknowledged this and stated we would not have to prepare Burma PCC under such situation:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/myanmar.asp
Certificates cannot be obtained by non-residents. If you no longer live in Burma (Myanmar), you are not required to provide a police certificate from Burma (Myanmar). If you are asked for a police certificate from Burma (Myanmar), write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Burma (Myanmar) because certificates are only available to people who currently live in Burma (Myanmar).”

My wife's now holding a work permit so basically we're applying outland while she's inland. I applied for her ATIP notes on a regular basis, and here are the two most recent reports.

As of July 21 (All not started):

As of Aug 30 (Security not started):

At July 27 VO sent a request for my wife's RCMP PCC, so I guess her Criminalty started from Jul 27. We uploaded the RCMP PCC on Aug 04 (can be seen from other pages of the notes) but until Aug 30 her Criminality was still not cleared. (The second ATIP was dated Aug 30 but criminality was only updated on Jul 27)

I'm feeling that her Criminality and Security are taking longer than other applicants of the same visa office and I would like to know if it is because of the following factors:

1. She was naturlized to other country than her country of birth.
2. She left her country of birth for a really long time.
3. She could not get her Burma PCC so CIC had to send a squad of agents to look into her criminality.
4. She is currently inland so CIC thinks her case is not very urgent.
5. She has many siblings so CIC has loads of background check to do.

We're very worried because her work permit will expire in like two weeks, and we don't know if she has to apply for a visitor visa.

The other question is I found on some CIC's pages that if the applicants were no longer livinig in a country, he/she could submit the PCC as of the date he/she left the country. We found my wife's old Burma PCC yesterday and it was date Jan 2015. Should we append this PCC to CIC now? (She just went back for short-term tours in Jul 2015

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Police certificates
Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. For example, an applicant seeking a police certificate from New Zealand must download and complete the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form available on the IRCC website. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-APR. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.

I think the standard of PCC is more or less the same no matter it's sponsorship or express entry (fsw,cec).

Thank you and wish you a wonderful life

naticom