+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes Insufficient Income proof and E-Medical Upfront issues

relish

Jan 30, 2018
Hi all,

I need some assistance on the GCMS notes I received for my Spouse sponsorship application dated Sept 2020.

It states that Sponsor Eligibility: In progress. Partner check initiated for: Social assistance checks. Despite current risk mitigation protocol, a social assistance check has been initiated for the following reasons: Insufficient income proof provided: Results pending. Clients will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or a E-Medical upfront Medical notification information has not been provided. Your relative must complete the medical and once complete forward this information directly to the visa Office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency.

I did not apply or receive any Social assistance from the government. Do I need to get in touch with the Ministry of Social Developments for the Social assistance checks?

I am planning to provide IRCC:
  • Income statements - fresh copies of my NOA / T4's, Salary and Bank statements proving I have sufficient balance in the account.
  • Medicals - Get a Upfront Medicals done for my Spouse and share the information using the Webform.

Please provide guidance if I have missed any steps or information which will be crucial for the application to move to the next level.

Regards
Dilip

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I need some assistance on the GCMS notes I received for my Spouse sponsorship application dated Sept 2020.

It states that Sponsor Eligibility: In progress. Partner check initiated for: Social assistance checks. Despite current risk mitigation protocol, a social assistance check has been initiated for the following reasons: Insufficient income proof provided: Results pending. Clients will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or a E-Medical upfront Medical notification information has not been provided. Your relative must complete the medical and once complete forward this information directly to the visa Office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency.

I did not apply or receive any Social assistance from the government. Do I need to get in touch with the Ministry of Social Developments for the Social assistance checks?

• Income statements - fresh copies of my NOA / T4's, Salary and Bank statements proving I have sufficient balance in the account.
  • Medicals - Get a Upfront Medicals done for my Spouse and share the information using the Webform.

Please provide guidance if I have missed any steps or information which will be crucial for the application to move to the next level.

Regards
Dilip
Why did you not include any income or savings information when you applied? It doesn’t say that you received social assistance the applications says that because you provided no proof about how you are supporting yourself they checked to see if you were receiving social assistance. It also says that you were sent a letter about the fact that the medical requested was not completed. Are you checking for notifications including your spam folder? What did the letter sent to you say?

relish

Jan 30, 2018
Thank you so much Canuck, Appreciate your response.

As an income proof, I had submitted the NOA and T4 for 2019, with Employment Verification letter stating the annual income.
I forgot to send them my salary slips and bank statements which I am planning to send now via a webform. Please advise if this would be the next steps.

With regards to the Medicals, I didn't receive any letter from IRCC nor has their call centers shared this information with me.
Can I ask my Spouse to book an Upfront Medicals without the letter or I can ask IRCC for the letter again? Please guide.

nikkic121

May 17, 2021
Hi all,

Regards
Dilip
Even I have the same update regarding upfront medical on my GCMS Notes, please share what happened after that. Did you provide upfront medical or waited until you got the medical request letter ?

relish

Jan 30, 2018
Even I have the same update regarding upfront medical on my GCMS Notes, please share what happened after that. Did you provide upfront medical or waited until you got the medical request letter ?
I took an Upfront medical and sent the details by raising a web request which was accepted by ircc.

nikkic121

May 17, 2021
I took an Upfront medical and sent the details by raising a web request which was accepted by ircc.
Was your application processed only after providing upfront medical? Mine is still stuck at sponsor eligibility stage saying upfront medical not provided. But as far as we know upfront medical shouldn’t be provided for sponsorship cases right?

paulson001

Jun 16, 2021
Hi all,

Regards
Dilip

@relish We also received the same content in GCMS notes, march 2021 applicant. Could you share the timeline of your application and what is the current status after submitting the medicals? We are stuck after aor1(April 2021), not received medicals/biometrics request.