+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I just hate people who look for ways to get into Canada and once inside, they forget the moral, ethical, and legal obligations that come with a PR.
You have to provide a signed letter stating your intention to reside in the nominated province to both the province and IRCC during the application process, this guy definitely abused PNP just to get his PR.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I think they can still cancel your PR if even after getting PR, you are found to have received it through misrepresentation. It would be right for PR to move anywhere x vs receiving that right only through the means of misrepresentation. It would be a cool law case because it would set a precedent.
I heard that even Canadian citizenship can be stripped in this case.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Have a few years of experience in IT related fields (possibly some other non IT fields included in BCPNP) and apply on linkedin or via headhunting agencies. Not that hard if you're comp sci with 2-3 years of exp.
Definitely not this easy. My spouse and I have eons of experience in IT (Full Stack programmers, Architects, Software Engineering, blah, blah). We applied for years to several positions in Canada, got interviews etc but at the end we will be told: the job is yours if you find your way to Canada legally. No one wants to do an LMIA.

We however landed in Canada in August and now have a new kind of problem: which job offer to accept :). And we are not even in any of the tech-focused provinces.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I heard that even Canadian citizenship can be stripped in this case.
I heard the same, but the case gets harder with time because it becomes forgotten. If he was there for 7 years then he renewed his PR. It was only brought forth because of his citizenship app. If he was living in SK when applying even though he spent most of his time in Ontario, they would’ve probably ignored it.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Definitely not this easy. My spouse and I have eons of experience in IT (Full Stack programmers, Architects, Software Engineering, blah, blah). We applied for years to several positions in Canada, got interviews etc but at the end we will be told: the job is yours if you find your way to Canada legally. No one wants to do an LMIA.

We however landed in Canada in August and now have a new kind of problem: which job offer to accept :). And we are not even in any of the tech-focused provinces.
Maybe directly applying and interviewing doesn't work. But going through headhunting agencies makes it very easy. They're still pretty unknown, relatively speaking, so competition is lower. I know several people who got jobs within 6 months of searching. 3-4 years of exp and you're good to go. There are specifically companies that hire from abroad and sponsor work visas. You just need to know how to find them.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Maybe directly applying and interviewing doesn't work. But going through headhunting agencies makes it very easy. They're still pretty unknown, relatively speaking, so competition is lower. I know several people who got jobs within 6 months of searching. 3-4 years of exp and you're good to go. There are specifically companies that hire from abroad and sponsor work visas. You just need to know how to find them.
Hmm they are not very different from typical body shops in US. I am not sure how trustworthy they can be.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Many people have asked this question, someone concretely answered it for us lol
He's a dumbass for not playing it safe, plain and simple. It's for reasons like this that I'm not applying for quebec immigration because I don't want that to come up in teh future as intent to live in quebec if I choose to go through regular express entry. I believe you mocked me for that, but hey, it is what it is right?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
He's a dumbass for not playing it safe, plain and simple. It's for reasons like this that I'm not applying for quebec immigration because I don't want that to come up in teh future as intent to live in quebec if I choose to go through regular express entry. I believe you mocked me for that, but hey, it is what it is right?
If you don't have any options, then you take what you get right? I agree that Quebec is weird, they have cancelled applications for stupid reasons or no reason at all.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hmm they are not very different from typical body shops in US. I am not sure how trustworthy they can be.
there's a guy on these forums who pointed out vanhack.com. He got a job in 6-ish months too I believe. There are probably several other headhunting firms. If you're smart and look around properly, there's things that can be done. Experienced IT people are the only people outside canada who even have a shot at landing in the country now. If somebody is stupid enough to go for shady recruiting firms and can't identify decent ones, i don't really have much sympathy for them. Everyone else who is pre ITA can go fuck themselves.

D

Deleted member 1006777

If you don't have any options, then you take what you get right? I agree that Quebec is weird, they have cancelled applications for stupid reasons or no reason at all.
if taking what I get means creating an ARRIMA portal, that's 2+ years just to get a nomination. Quebec is simply not worth the risk. If they clearly stated that having an ARRIMA profile does not violate the PR 'intent to live outside quebec' rule, then I'd apply for the RSWP program immediately. But there's no official info on it, and I'm not about to risk my future based on guesswork. Even if I get an ITA at the end of next year, that'll still be a faster ITA than one through Quebec nomination if I had gotten an NOI from them in the beginning of 2021.

D

Deleted member 1050918

For PNP candidates, saw this in Kubeir's group:

His PR will also be canceled probably, which is what he deserves. "Showing good faith" is actually quite easy. Do whatever you do, make sure to move to your nominating province first. Search for jobs wherever but document everything (details of your job search, how many jobs were available, how many you applied to, how many interviews you got, why those interviews didn't result in a job offer etc.). If you're able to show that you truly put in the necessary effort but still couldn't find good living circumstances in your nominating province (which would probably take you at least 6-12 months by the way) then you're probably good.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
there's a guy on these forums who pointed out vanhack.com. He got a job in 6-ish months too I believe. There are probably several other headhunting firms. If you're smart and look around properly, there's things that can be done. Experienced IT people are the only people outside canada who even have a shot at landing in the country now. If somebody is stupid enough to go for shady recruiting firms and can't identify decent ones, i don't really have much sympathy for them. Everyone else who is pre ITA can go fuck themselves.
Lol and ICT works well too.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Lol and ICT works well too.
Oh you're right, I forgot about ICTs. I am currently interviewing for a company in my home country that has offices in Canada. Working here for two mroe years and then trying for an ICT will probably get me to Canada faster than FSW if I ever get an ITA.

Reactions: starlordavuthu