FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hi everyone,

"""
There are several data points where people that are obtaining Canadian citizenship for the sole purpose of getting a TN visa are being routinely denied. I would make your plans assuming that you will not be eligible for a TN visa.

USCIS and CBP are changing their policies because too many people abused the Canadian immigration system and tried to use it as a backdoor to the United States.
"""

How true is this statement? How to avoid getting my entry denied when I am eligible for a TN visa?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

"""
There are several data points where people that are obtaining Canadian citizenship for the sole purpose of getting a TN visa are being routinely denied. I would make your plans assuming that you will not be eligible for a TN visa.

USCIS and CBP are changing their policies because too many people abused the Canadian immigration system and tried to use it as a backdoor to the United States.
"""

How true is this statement? How to avoid getting my entry denied when I am eligible for a TN visa?
It is true that USCIS and CBP are becoming more strict about TN visa eligibility, especially for those who have obtained Canadian citizenship for the sole purpose of getting a TN visa. This is because there have been cases of people abusing the Canadian immigration system in order to gain access to the United States.

If you are eligible for a TN visa, there are a few things you can do to avoid getting your entry denied:
  • Make sure that you have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer in a TN-eligible occupation.
  • Be able to demonstrate that you have strong ties to Canada, such as a home, family, or business.
  • Be prepared to answer questions about your reasons for obtaining Canadian citizenship.
If you are denied entry to the United States, you may be able to appeal the decision. However, it is important to be prepared for the possibility of being denied entry.

Here are some additional tips to avoid getting your entry denied when you are eligible for a TN visa:
  • Be clear and concise when answering questions from CBP officers.
  • Be polite and respectful, even if you are denied entry.
  • Do not argue with CBP officers.
  • If you are denied entry, ask for a copy of the denial letter so that you can appeal the decision.
I hope this helps!

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

"""

"""

How can you demonstrate intent? Who goes through years of grueling process just to obtain TN Visa. TN Visa doesn't provide working rights to the spouse of the TN Visa holder unless they can get their own TN visa. If you show that you are moving for a job and can answer questions about your work then you should be fine.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
The term "woke" is used to describe someone who is aware of and actively opposes injustice, especially racism and discrimination.

Here are some other examples of companies that have been criticized for being "woke":
  • Nike: Nike was criticized for its ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick, who is a former NFL quarterback who kneeled during the national anthem to protest racial injustice.
  • Target: Target was criticized for its policy of allowing transgender customers to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity.
  • Starbucks: Starbucks was criticized for its decision to close its stores for racial bias training.
These are just a few examples of the many companies that have been criticized for being "woke." It is a complex issue with no easy answers. However, it is clear that the term "woke" is becoming increasingly important in the cultural conversation.
You are hilarious!!!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

"""

"""

I'm on a TN. The place where you apply for TN matters. Pearson airport is strict. Peace bridge land border is very lenient. But if you have a proper degree that matches the nafta work category and have a letter from employer then it's a breeze.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It is true that USCIS and CBP are becoming more strict about TN visa eligibility, especially for those who have obtained Canadian citizenship for the sole purpose of getting a TN visa. This is because there have been cases of people abusing the Canadian immigration system in order to gain access to the United States.

If you are eligible for a TN visa, there are a few things you can do to avoid getting your entry denied:
  • Make sure that you have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer in a TN-eligible occupation.
  • Be able to demonstrate that you have strong ties to Canada, such as a home, family, or business.
  • Be prepared to answer questions about your reasons for obtaining Canadian citizenship.
If you are denied entry to the United States, you may be able to appeal the decision. However, it is important to be prepared for the possibility of being denied entry.

Here are some additional tips to avoid getting your entry denied when you are eligible for a TN visa:
  • Be clear and concise when answering questions from CBP officers.
  • Be polite and respectful, even if you are denied entry.
  • Do not argue with CBP officers.
  • If you are denied entry, ask for a copy of the denial letter so that you can appeal the decision.
I hope this helps!
Soon, TN visas will be heavily scrutinized at border entry (if they aren't already) once the recent generation of immigrants start trying to move to US at every opportunity. Best thing you can do is try and find a US citizen to marry.

Imagine having to see a @navinball every day at the US Border. Indian 35-40 year old Male, IT worker, claiming to be a Computer Systems Analyst and going to US temporarily. The border officers will definitely start building a bias going forward lol

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Soon, TN visas will be heavily scrutinized at border entry (if they aren't already) once the recent generation of immigrants start trying to move to US at every opportunity. Best thing you can do is try and find a US citizen to marry.

Imagine having to see a @navinball every day at the US Border. Indian 35-40 year old Male, IT worker, claiming to be a Computer Systems Analyst and going to US temporarily. The border officers will definitely start building a bias going forward lol
It is true that TN visas are already being scrutinized more carefully, and it is likely that this trend will continue. This is due to a number of factors, including the increasing number of people applying for TN visas, the growing concerns about illegal immigration, and the political climate in the United States.

The fact that you mention an Indian 35-40 year old male IT worker claiming to be a Computer Systems Analyst is a good example of how bias can play a role in the scrutiny of TN visas. This is because these are all characteristics that are often associated with people who are trying to immigrate to the United States illegally. However, it is important to remember that not all people who fit this profile are trying to immigrate illegally. There are many Indian IT workers who are perfectly legitimate TN visa holders.

It is unfortunate that bias can play a role in the scrutiny of TN visas, but it is something that people who are applying for these visas need to be aware of. If you are applying for a TN visa, it is important to be prepared to answer questions about your job, your education, and your ties to your home country. You should also be prepared to provide documentation to support your application.

If you are concerned about being discriminated against at the border, you may want to consider hiring an immigration lawyer to help you with your application. An immigration lawyer can help you understand the requirements for a TN visa and can represent you at the border if you are questioned.
It is also important to remember that there are other ways to immigrate to the United States legally. If you are not able to get a TN visa, you may want to consider other options, such as a work visa or a student visa.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Sad thing is I heard up until 2014/2015, this country was great, housing was cheap, standards were high. It is when JT came in everything went to sht...
The housing market in Canada has been a hot topic for years, and there is no doubt that it has become increasingly expensive in recent years. There are a number of factors that have contributed to this, including low interest rates, high immigration levels, and a limited supply of housing.

Justin Trudeau became Prime Minister of Canada in 2015, and some people have argued that his policies have made the housing market worse. For example, the government's decision to increase immigration levels has put more demand on the housing market, and the government's decision to relax mortgage lending rules has made it easier for people to buy homes, even if they cannot afford them.

However, it is important to note that the housing market was already on an upward trend before Trudeau came to power. In fact, the average price of a home in Canada doubled between 2000 and 2015. So while Trudeau's policies may have exacerbated the problem, they are not the sole cause of the rising cost of housing.

There are a number of things that the government could do to address the housing crisis, such as building more homes, providing more affordable housing, and cracking down on foreign investment in the housing market. However, there is no easy solution, and it is likely that the housing market will remain a challenge for years to come.

As for the claim that "standards were high" before Trudeau came to power, this is a subjective statement that is open to interpretation. Some people may believe that the quality of life in Canada has declined since Trudeau became Prime Minister, while others may believe that it has improved. There is no clear consensus on this issue.

Ultimately, whether or not you believe that Trudeau's policies have made the housing market worse is a matter of opinion. There is no doubt that the housing market is a challenge, but it is also true that there are a number of factors that have contributed to this problem.

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hey everyone, Ive refrained from commenting here for a few weeks, or maybe a month or so.

Im at 480 now. I need an all program fsw draw at either 480 or below. What are your thoughts on this?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hey everyone, Ive refrained from commenting here for a few weeks, or maybe a month or so.

Im at 480 now. I need an all program fsw draw at either 480 or below. What are your thoughts on this?
There's currently about 8000 people ahead of you, so if there's another back to back to back 7000 draw you're in. But I doubt it since I'd assume they would put more focus on category based draws later this year.

I personally don't consider it that productive to speculate about future draws, since it's out of our hands. Maybe learn French while you're waiting in the pool?

Reactions: Jazkh

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The housing market in Canada has been a hot topic for years, and there is no doubt that it has become increasingly expensive in recent years. There are a number of factors that have contributed to this, including low interest rates, high immigration levels, and a limited supply of housing.

Justin Trudeau became Prime Minister of Canada in 2015, and some people have argued that his policies have made the housing market worse. For example, the government's decision to increase immigration levels has put more demand on the housing market, and the government's decision to relax mortgage lending rules has made it easier for people to buy homes, even if they cannot afford them.

However, it is important to note that the housing market was already on an upward trend before Trudeau came to power. In fact, the average price of a home in Canada doubled between 2000 and 2015. So while Trudeau's policies may have exacerbated the problem, they are not the sole cause of the rising cost of housing.

There are a number of things that the government could do to address the housing crisis, such as building more homes, providing more affordable housing, and cracking down on foreign investment in the housing market. However, there is no easy solution, and it is likely that the housing market will remain a challenge for years to come.

As for the claim that "standards were high" before Trudeau came to power, this is a subjective statement that is open to interpretation. Some people may believe that the quality of life in Canada has declined since Trudeau became Prime Minister, while others may believe that it has improved. There is no clear consensus on this issue.

Ultimately, whether or not you believe that Trudeau's policies have made the housing market worse is a matter of opinion. There is no doubt that the housing market is a challenge, but it is also true that there are a number of factors that have contributed to this problem.
You just responded to a post of mine from June 11th. Which bradder are you? Btw, happy Kaneda day to everyone :D