+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Sorry bro, but this was intentional omission on the part of the applicant. They knew that declaring an MBA can adversely affect their chances of getting a SP for a PG diploma hence the omission. They 100% knew why their lawyer suggested it and they went along with it. IRCC is not stupid (well they kinda are, but not in this regard :)), they see this trick all the time, and if this degree is included in any application going forward, it would most likely be flagged as misrepresentation = ban.

Even if they do not claim points for it in their PR application, simply mentioning it in the Personal History will raise suspicion cos a degree is not something you randomly forget to mention, especially in a study permit application.

I agree with the advice to lawyer up.
agreed, ircc can be pretty tough when they are not being absolutely dumb lol

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I was in Toronto Downtown today, near the very famous/infamous Eaton Square and I am wondering what is happening to this society, based on what I saw.

I'm shook to my soul right now. I saw a homeless high-on-drugs man doing something that would fit in a hannibal lecter movie. And people were just walking past him as if this man was invisible.

And the contrast was so freaking stark because there were people all around him carrying seemingly expensive looking shopping bags across people who were bent over, acting and doing all sorts of things people do on drugs.

And peddlers/dealers just seconds away from this homeless High collective. The cops only come when called for a disturbance caused by people.. to their business.

I was well aware of the homelessness situation here but to have experienced what I saw today, I'm scarred for life.. And i cannot imagine ever living happily in this country knowing what I know today.

• Sad
Reactions: wonderbly

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I was in Toronto Downtown today, near the very famous/infamous Eaton Square and I am wondering what is happening to this society, based on what I saw.

I'm shook to my soul right now. I saw a homeless high-on-drugs man doing something that would fit in a hannibal lecter movie. And people were just walking past him as if this man was invisible.

And the contrast was so freaking stark because there were people all around him carrying seemingly expensive looking shopping bags across people who were bent over, acting and doing all sorts of things people do on drugs.

And peddlers/dealers just seconds away from this homeless High collective. The cops only come when called for a disturbance caused by people.. to their business.

I was well aware of the homelessness situation here but to have experienced what I saw today, I'm scarred for life.. And i cannot imagine ever living happily in this country knowing what I know today.
You may not have seen homeless people where you are from. But this exists in every society. The ones in Toronto, are victims of drug abuse, mental illnesses, and general lack of grasp of reality. There are many civil groups that provide them shelter and assistance. It's an issue for sure. You will find some corners have this demographic more than others. The biggest homeless shelter in Canada is just a 2 minute walk from Dundas square (Eaton Centre i.e). But even Seaton House (locally known as Satan's House), provides a lot of these homeless people with food and shelter and a means to restart their lives. I've met refugees from wartorn countries take refugee at Seaton House until they could find a job etc. That said, yes, some do fall through the cracks and get lost in the city. They were regular people like us, and it is possible with an optimistic approach that they can turn their lives around. Anyone can fall victim to mental illness, poverty, or drugs or whatever circumstance.

Here's an individual who came to where I worked regularly to seek refuge. I guess looking for him on Google tells me he is now in UK. But it stands as an example, and he has advocated for decriminalization of people with drug addictions, which is also why I am sharing this here.

"From World Cup to homeless: Ex-soccer star Paul James on why he left Canada for London"
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/former-top-canadian-soccer-player-homeless-in-london

Last edited:

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Not yet - they're supposed to announce the categories before implementing. Wondering when it'll start (the Minister said later this year).
Im gonna get 465 in october (2yoe in-canada). 473ish would probably be doable by redoing ielts. Just wandering how it'd affect things with my NOC (2174)

Otherwise, might have to beg for LMIA or for my employer to move me to SK and apply through their PNP. Manitoba PNP draws have been on a wild ride. I didn't expect scores would have gone above 650 back in 2022

Last edited:

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Im gonna get 465 in october (2yoe in-canada). 473ish would probably be doable by redoing ielts. Just wandering how it'd affect things with my NOC (2174)

Otherwise, might have to beg for LMIA or for my employer to move me to SK and apply through their PNP. Manitoba PNP draws have been on a wild ride. I didn't expect scores would have gone above 650 back in 2022
Yeah no one expected scores to be so high but it seems they will keep going up and never come down. Best of luck

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Not yet - they're supposed to announce the categories before implementing. Wondering when it'll start (the Minister said later this year).
Yeah no one expected scores to be so high but it seems they will keep going up and never come down. Best of luck
Are you talking about MB pnp or EE CRS, crs have been going down a bit ?

Mb pnp is a bit unpredictable. They announced a separate draw for critical occupation but they just pick nocs at random instead of having a more thorough list like alberta, sk or BC

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
They can conduct C-19 draws without announcing the categories in advance. It(announcing categories) is a poor interpretation by RCICs of Sean Fraser's obligations to announce these categories in the house of commons which would likely happen in early 2024.

Whether they can roll-out C-19 and/or have the technology ready for it is another story though. Most likely, someone from Sep 2023 AOR will have a PPR before that happens.

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone
Moving to Canada as FSW, I speak good French, so what are my options here to move/live in Quebec ? When ?
Can I give an address in Quebec to receive PR card ? Or should I go else where to receive PR card, then move back to Quebec ?
Any issues I may face in the future ? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
They can conduct C-19 draws without announcing the categories in advance. It(announcing categories) is a poor interpretation by RCICs of Sean Fraser's obligations to announce these categories in the house of commons which would likely happen in early 2024.

Whether they can roll-out C-19 and/or have the technology ready for it is another story though. Most likely, someone from Sep 2023 AOR will have a PPR before that happens.
Yes, I agree the house of commons thing will be in 2024. But this IRCC link says they'll announce them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html

"Once categories are decided on by the Minister, they will be announced before we issue invitations. Each year, we will report to Parliament on the categories that were chosen during the previous year and the selection process, including the rationale for choosing them."

This paragraph is found just before the "Proposed priorities and categories for selection".

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Yes, I agree the house of commons thing will be in 2024. But this IRCC link says they'll announce them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html

"Once categories are decided on by the Minister, they will be announced before we issue invitations. Each year, we will report to Parliament on the categories that were chosen during the previous year and the selection process, including the rationale for choosing them."

This paragraph is found just before the "Proposed priorities and categories for selection".
Hmm I was under the impression they're about to do it this summer. I don't know how it'd interact with existing PNP program. I suspect PNP targetting common occupation may get easier (healthcare, tech)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

I saw several RCICs saying they made a mistake by saying "they'll announce" - weird times.

Reactions: Economist9

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hmm I was under the impression they're about to do it this summer. I don't know how it'd interact with existing PNP program. I suspect PNP targetting common occupation may get easier (healthcare, tech)
Yeah these categories seem like another PNP. So the federal high skilled immigration based on human capital scores (education, experience, age and language ability) is being replaced by just another PNP, which the provinces are doing anyway. This is really unfortunate.