+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
So basically the work ex needed would be 3 years continous before AOR? or just any 1 year before AOR

Like 2 years work ex can be 2018 - 2019 and then 2019 - 2020 but then 2021 - 2022 (To meet AOR eligibility) can be done?
Within past 3 years from AoR, not FOR 3 years.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Does anyone know have clarity in regards to the following rule -

Eligibility for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations category

To be eligible, you must:
  • have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of continuous work experience (in Canada or abroad) in a single occupation listed in the table below

Past 3 years from when? AOR or profile creation? and what happens to the 10 year work ex rule then?

For example if someone has work ex older than 3 years but does have 1 year work ex in the last 3 years too. So then does this eligibility criteria mean that the work ex has to be recent 3 years only?
The 3-year requirement for STEM occupations in the Express Entry system is calculated from the date of your Express Entry profile creation. This means that if you have 1 year of work experience in a STEM occupation within the past 3 years, and you create your Express Entry profile today, you will be eligible for the STEM occupations category.

The 10-year work experience rule is still in effect for the Express Entry system, but it is not relevant for the STEM occupations category. This means that you can still be eligible for the STEM occupations category even if you do not have 10 years of total work experience.

Here is a summary of the eligibility requirements for the STEM occupations category:
  • You must have a valid Express Entry profile.
  • You must have at least 6 months of continuous work experience in a single occupation listed in the table below.
  • Your work experience must have been acquired within the past 3 years from the date of your Express Entry profile creation.
  • You must meet the language and education requirements for the Express Entry system.
The table of STEM occupations can be found on the Government of Canada website.

I hope this helps!

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
These category rounds are sizable. Probably smaller "No program specified" draws in future?

Ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Healthcare occupations (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
500Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 500 or above

Date and time of round: June 28, 2023 14:04:34 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 476

Tie-breaking rule: November 12, 2022 12:47:27 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles
There will be another healthcare draw this week of 1500 people.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
The 3-year requirement for STEM occupations in the Express Entry system is calculated from the date of your Express Entry profile creation. This means that if you have 1 year of work experience in a STEM occupation within the past 3 years, and you create your Express Entry profile today, you will be eligible for the STEM occupations category.

The 10-year work experience rule is still in effect for the Express Entry system, but it is not relevant for the STEM occupations category. This means that you can still be eligible for the STEM occupations category even if you do not have 10 years of total work experience.

Here is a summary of the eligibility requirements for the STEM occupations category:
  • You must have a valid Express Entry profile.
  • You must have at least 6 months of continuous work experience in a single occupation listed in the table below.
  • Your work experience must have been acquired within the past 3 years from the date of your Express Entry profile creation.
  • You must meet the language and education requirements for the Express Entry system.
The table of STEM occupations can be found on the Government of Canada website.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for the response @Raptor33 + @CNP . As per Raptor

"The 3-year requirement for STEM occupations in the Express Entry system is calculated from the date of your Express Entry profile creation. This means that if you have 1 year of work experience in a STEM occupation within the past 3 years, and you create your Express Entry profile today, you will be eligible for the STEM occupations category."

Raptor where did you get this info from - The 3-year requirement for STEM occupations in the Express Entry system is calculated from the date of your Express Entry profile creation?

And so if that is true and my profile was created in August 2022, then I need 1 year continous work ex from August 2019 to August 2022?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thanks for the response @Raptor33 + @CNP . As per Raptor

"The 3-year requirement for STEM occupations in the Express Entry system is calculated from the date of your Express Entry profile creation. This means that if you have 1 year of work experience in a STEM occupation within the past 3 years, and you create your Express Entry profile today, you will be eligible for the STEM occupations category."

Raptor where did you get this info from - The 3-year requirement for STEM occupations in the Express Entry system is calculated from the date of your Express Entry profile creation?

And so if that is true and my profile was created in August 2022, then I need 1 year continous work ex from August 2019 to August 2022?
This is stated on the Government of Canada website:
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations
To be eligible, you must:
  • Have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of continuous work experience (in Canada or abroad) in a single occupation listed in the table below.
The 3-year period is calculated from the date your Express Entry profile was created.

I hope this helps!

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
This is stated on the Government of Canada website:

I hope this helps!
Raptor not sure where you are getting that statement from, cause in my view it is the following:

Eligibility for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations category

To be eligible, you must

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Not an expert, but my take -
1. Past 3 years is from AOR
2. The basic eligibility for category based draw is that the profile should first qualify for EE either through - FSW, FST or CEC. So it remains same, just that additionally to qualify for category based draw, you might need to have experience as you mentioned.
I'd actually say 3 years from creation/ITA makes more sense. IRCC's probably quite lazy, so they wouldn't go so far as to add another process+documentation of verifying your category-based invitations would they? Ideally nothing about the reviewing process should change, only the rounds of invitations.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
@Raptor33

Raptor not sure where you are getting that statement from, cause in my view it is the following:

To be eligible, you must